Not reading anything by Ollie Holt :£#%&!er:

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Stickman

NR any of it

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Isn’t Holt the leader of the Guardiola joy boys club?
Yeah there's a bit of that in there as well. Even used the word "joy". The £#%&!ing £#%&!er.

A lot of it's right but nobody should need Oliver Holt to point out the bleeding obvious.

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Why do all the media hate him now, they bloody loved him when he was at Chelsea. It must be something more than just being at Utd
Because he is a c***. During his first spell at Chelsea he was a younger, funnier and more interesting c*** who provided them new stories and daily content with his antics. They have moved on, and soured on him. The contempt for him was there during his last year at Chelsea, just amplified by coming to Utd.

Anyone surprised by his football or personality, not sure what they have been watching his whole career.

Unread 18-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Anyone surprised by his football or personality, not sure what they have been watching his whole career.
I remember most United suppporters not being able to stand him, or his football. It seems to be pure desperation that has led some to rewrite history.

Unread 18-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
The brutal truth.
Indeed. A very basic article but a lot of home truths at its core.

£#%&!ing despise Mourinho the pathetic @#%&!; he makes me ill even looking at him now the terminal @#%&!

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
United, lest we forget, have reached a Champions League final more recently than him. So when he talked about Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus as being the teams that always reach the quarter-finals, it is worth remembering that, from 1997 to 2011, United made the quarters or better 12 times in 15 seasons. They won it twice. They made the final twice more.

United’s heritage is built on European success. United were European pioneers. Their triumph at Wembley in 1968, 10 years after the Munich air disaster, with Sir Matt Busby back at the helm, is probably the greatest, most emotional story in the history of English football. That is United’s European heritage.

Then there was the Treble of 1999 and that impossibly dramatic victory in the Champions League final in Barcelona to cap the greatest season any English football club has ever had. There was another triumph in 2008 in the all-English final with Chelsea in Moscow. Mourinho’s idea that United are European impostors is shameful artifice.
No self-respecting United fan can disagree with the above. The meek surrender against some mid-table La Liga fodder at Old Trafford was the most pathetic display I've witnessed since the Moyes loss to Liverpool. When you factor in the money spent, the quality of opposition and the context of the game itself, it was actually probably the worst result of the post-Fergie years.

I remember the days when United would batter the door down against the likes of Juventus, Inter, Milan and Real Madrid, with wave after wave of intense attacking force that would leave Europe in awe.

The result last week was disgusting, but the approach and attitude of the man in charge, both before and after the game, has been an insult to Manchester United. Get £#%&!ing rid.

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Sparky***

They've got some bint who used to play for Doncaster Belles on Sky now going on about how Mourinho should conduct himself.

How the £#%&!ing hell has she any insight into the situation at all ffs.

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:12 PM
waynes ear's

Played Tuesday. Great article you £#%&!ing @#%&!

Unread 18-03-2018, 10:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
It’s what they do.

Surprised to see saville are fifth in Spain. The way people were talking I assumed they were mid table or worse.
They lost earlier today against the mighty Leganes.

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
No self-respecting United fan can disagree with the above. The meek surrender against some mid-table La Liga fodder at Old Trafford was the most pathetic display I've witnessed since the Moyes loss to Liverpool. When you factor in the money spent, the quality of opposition and the context of the game itself, it was actually probably the worst result of the post-Fergie years.

I remember the days when United would batter the door down against the likes of Juventus, Inter, Milan and Real Madrid, with wave after wave of intense attacking force that would leave Europe in awe.

The result last week was disgusting, but the approach and attitude of the man in charge, both before and after the game, has been an insult to Manchester United. Get £#%&!ing rid.
agreed. someone should sit jose down and show him the 3-2 home game against juve where they scored right at the beginning (offside) and right at the end and the semi against juve. and the inter game. and... ah, £#%&! it.... jose is never going to get our heritage. it'll probably just make him realise how shit his chelsea team were and go into his shell.

Unread 19-03-2018, 08:27 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

My favourite time was Docherty's; Coppell and Hill on the wings, Daley and Macari in midfield - you score two and we will try to score three - That was Man United.

Only one trophy but probably the most exciting team I can recall as a United fan of 40 + years. 'Oh Tommy, Tommy....the who’s up Mary Brown era

Let's be honest, Jose is an underdog manager. His whole approach is to stop more skillful teams and players from performing. He honed it in the Champions League with Porto and Premiership with Chelsea. That's why he was loved at under-dog Inter Milan but hated at top-dog Real Madrid who just expect to be better than other side's. This dilemma is currently being repeated with us who have similar expectations.

Unread 19-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
They lost earlier today against the mighty Leganes.
And?

We were shit. They won. They were fifth in Spanish league. So they clearly weren’t as shit as people were implying. Better than Porto I’d suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
agreed. someone should sit jose down and show him the 3-2 home game against juve where they scored right at the beginning (offside) and right at the end and the semi against juve. and the inter game. and... ah, £#%&! it.... jose is never going to get our heritage. it'll probably just make him realise how shit his chelsea team were and go into his shell.
That wasn’t since 2011. Maybe show him the Bilbao game. Or those couple of times we didn’t get out of the group. Maybe you need to watch them again.

Unread 19-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
My favourite time was Docherty's; Coppell and Hill on the wings, Daley and Macari in midfield - you score two and we will try to score three - That was Man United.

Only one trophy but probably the most exciting team I can recall as a United fan of 40 + years. 'Oh Tommy, Tommy....the who’s up Mary Brown era

Let's be honest, Jose is an underdog manager. His whole approach is to stop more skillful teams and players from performing. He honed it in the Champions League with Porto and Premiership with Chelsea. That's why he was loved at under-dog Inter Milan but hated at top-dog Real Madrid who just expect to be better than other side's. This dilemma is currently being repeated with us who have similar expectations.

leave it out mate, its 40 years ago.

Unread 19-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Clarkie

More importantly though, what does Henry Winter think?

That's the real quiz

Unread 19-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:

That wasn’t since 2011. Maybe show him the Bilbao game. Or those couple of times we didn’t get out of the group. Maybe you need to watch them again.
Agreed.

United have lost to bang average teams plenty of times over the last 20 years.

Off the top of my head, Galatasaray, Borussia Dortmund, Monaco, Fenerbahce, Bayer Leverkeusen and of course Porto.

Some of those tie we at least went for the win more than last week, but Jose was right that we haven't done particularly well in Europe in the recent past.

Unread 19-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Agreed.

United have lost to bang average teams plenty of times over the last 20 years.

Off the top of my head, Galatasaray, Borussia Dortmund, Monaco, Fenerbahce, Bayer Leverkeusen and of course Porto.

Some of those tie we at least went for the win more than last week, but Jose was right that we haven't done particularly well in Europe in the recent past.
At least Dortmund and Porto went on to win it - Sevilla haven't got a hope in hell of that.
And I'm not sure if Monaco (20 years ago) and Galatasary (24 years ago) can be classed the recent past.

Unread 19-03-2018, 01:32 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
At least Dortmund and Porto went on to win it - Sevilla haven't got a hope in hell of that.
And I'm not sure if Monaco (20 years ago) and Galatasary (24 years ago) can be classed the recent past.
oh piss off, that’s ridiculous

Unread 19-03-2018, 05:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
And?

We were shit. They won. They were fifth in Spanish league. So they clearly weren’t as shit as people were implying. Better than Porto I’d suggest
They’re 6th now. And they’re 14 points behind 4th in La Liga. Just two points above the team in 8th.

They’ve been very average this season. And they were actually poor at Old Trafford.

Easily the worst side to knock us out at this stage that I can recall.

Unread 19-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
They’re 6th now. And they’re 14 points behind 4th in La Liga. Just two points above the team in 8th.

They’ve been very average this season. And they were actually poor at Old Trafford.

Easily the worst side to knock us out at this stage that I can recall.
Well I suppose we've at least advanced slightly since the heady days of 2016 in the champions league where we unceremoniously bombed out in the group stages by finishing 3rd in our group behind Wolfsburg and PSV Eindhoven having scored 6 goals over the 6 group games, only to then end up in the Europa league where we lost away to a bunch of Danish plumbers before crashing out of europe all together against Liverpool.
Closed Thread