Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Exclamation United agree £40m deal with DHL

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...d-kit-deal-dhl

Manchester United score £40m training kit sponsorship deal with DHL
• Deal with logistics company runs for next four years
• Club also announce partnership with Asian telecoms company

Manchester United have confirmed two new lucrative commercial deals, including the announcement of the logistics company DHL as their first training kit sponsor.

Although the move might be interpreted by some as controversial given the club's kit deal with Aon, the American financial giant is said to have been fully aware of negotiations with DHL, whose branding will now be worn during training sessions outside of European games.

United have not put a figure on the four-year deal, although it is understood the club will collect £40m over the length of the contract. It adds further strength to their vast commercial arm, which is expected to post annual income in excess of £100m when United announce their end of year results at some point over the next couple of months.

In addition, the club also announced a three-year partnership with Vietnam's leading mobile telecommunications company, Beeline, to distribute United content in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. It is estimated United have 16 million supporters in Vietnam alone.

"Manchester United has always been at the forefront of the game off the pitch as well on it and this partnership is another example of that," said the manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. "Everyone knows about the passion of our fans in that part of the world and this deal makes it a lot easier for us to keep in touch with them."

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:27 PM
silv

Sam Mendes agrees to shoot Titanic and let wife Kate Winslet bang Leo Di Caprio.

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:27 PM
The Return of JC

United agree £40m deal with....

...There's really nothing they could've put after that more demoralising than 'DHL'.

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Jack Duckworth

anybody know if any ships are sailing from southampton today?

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:32 PM
carlosartorial

@£#%&!witsontwitter Wow this must mean we are definitely getting Sneijder now! #mufc #sneijder

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

some of us are working

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
United agree £40m deal with....

...There's really nothing they could've put after that more demoralising than 'DHL'.
My fragile mind actually believed for a mini second as the ssn ticket bar went across....must have been dehydration, silly me.

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:50 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Sam Mendes agrees to shoot Titanic and let wife Kate Winslet bang Leo Di Caprio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
anybody know if any ships are sailing from southampton today?

I don't see a thread about it in this forum

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

ha £#%&! you duckworth and silv you by the seaside @#%&!s

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

There was no thread on here about it, but it has been posted in the.... transfer/%@#$&!s/nonsense/cant wait until transfer window shuts thread

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:53 PM
RedMenace

Yeah they're being harsh on poor old Parters here. I was too lazy to start a thread so stuck it in the transfer %@#$&!s thread. Apparently this deal alone adds up to £150m to the flotation valuation.

Unread 22-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Sloane

pretty sure arsenal get a lot less than 10mill a year for main kit and stadium rights on emirates

Unread 22-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
just wanted to stick the boot into parters, tbh.

Unread 22-08-2011, 02:00 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
My fragile mind actually believed for a mini second as the ssn ticket bar went across....must have been dehydration, silly me.
C'mon, Sparks, you must not lose faith in your own convictions. You said it yourself this morning - 11 days til reality. Don't let silly little yellow bars tick their way into your head. Nothing is happening. I know you know this. I believe in you. Don't give up.

Unread 22-08-2011, 02:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Wonder if we'll actually buy a midfielder now?

I was reading a couple of weeks or so ago that Carrington might be being renamed as well.

Unread 22-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
just wanted to stick the boot into parters, tbh.
wtf pal? thought we were sirl? genuinely in shock here

can only think youre jel about something etc

Unread 22-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

DHL is pretty embarrasing tbh. Akin to going to McDonalds for a wedding reception.

Unread 22-08-2011, 03:11 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
DHL is pretty embarrasing tbh. Akin to going to McDonalds for a wedding reception.
It's really really not.

Unread 22-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Ginners

Quote:
It's really really not.
would you be happy if your fella arranged your wedding reception at maccy d's?

Unread 22-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
It's really really not.
What if McDonalds were paying for it? Then it's exactly the same.
Closed Thread