United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2011, 03:57 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Default Re: Gary Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
His own reflection probably, the stupid @#%&!.
Dodgey bar in Munich want it? Germany at any rate.

Unread 11-05-2011, 04:01 PM
andyroo

Typical Germans.

Unread 11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I bet Nev still does his shuttle runs every morning
He gets up at 5:30 everymorning and proclaims "attack the day" on twitter, he's like a really boring charlie sheen.

Unread 11-05-2011, 04:38 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited

Unread 11-05-2011, 04:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
He gets up at 5:30 everymorning and proclaims "attack the day" on twitter, he's like a really boring charlie sheen.
But twice as mad.

Unread 11-05-2011, 04:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
But twice as mad.
And has done a lot more actual winning.

Unread 11-05-2011, 04:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
And has done a lot more actual winning.

Unread 17-05-2011, 04:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Putting his testimonial money into a "Supporters Club" outside OT.

Quote:
Former Reds captain Gary Neville has confirmed he will put some of the proceeds from his testimonial match towards a proposed new building for United supporters close to Old Trafford.

Located just off Sir Matt Busby Way and adjacent to the Manchester Ship Canal, the exciting new development would be able to accommodate up to 1,500 fans on matchday and is a vision Neville has had for some time.

“I always thought that if I was ever lucky enough to have a testimonial I wanted to create something special for the fans,” explained Gary.

“That something for me was a place where the fans could meet and share their love and passion for Manchester United. A place for the fans to call their own, to congregate and meet with like-minded people. A place to talk and breathe all things football."

"The fans have supported me throughout my career and hold a special place for me, so this is my way of showing my appreciation for all those years of support. This project really excites me, it epitomises the essence of being a fan.”

Neville hopes the building will be open for business at the start of the 2013/14 season and while this remains a private venture for the Reds' legend, he has the full support of United.

“This is a very exciting project and the Club wishes Gary every success with it,” said Michael Bolingbroke, United's chief operating officer.

“The location will give fans a great view of their favourite stadium and the design of the building will greatly enhance the skyline of the area."

More of the testimonial proceeds will go towards two other projects Gary is supporting.

“I’m going to do something for the Manchester United Supporters’ branch in Malta because they’re very close to my heart and there will be some sustainable projects announced in the next couple of days as well," added Gary.

Interesting, not sure about the design mind you and no doubt club will enforce some rules (no beer, sky etc)

Unread 17-05-2011, 04:45 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation Re: Gary Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Interesting, not sure about the design mind you and no doubt club will enforce some rules (no beer, sky etc)
it's to help with the revenue situation that uefa are imposing, so it will be full of beer/food etc...

you'll see a lot more things like this get built around OT which then give united more revenue and therefore help with this new rule.

Unread 17-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:

It'll be under OT. Like his Teletubbies house.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Harold Bishop

Interesting given the plans for this supporters club and the involved committee.
It will be a match day venue, with bars etc.
Planning permission also in for the closure of SMBW so that the club can build a fanzone on the forecourt and do away with the independant traders who flog scarfs etc outside the club, whilst providing covered cafes and bars.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Sounds £#%&!ing horrible tbh. It'll be about £6 a drink and policed by those £#%&!ing nazis they have inside the ground.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Sounds £#%&!ing horrible tbh. It'll be about £6 a drink and policed by those £#%&!ing nazis they have inside the ground.
And full of half n half wearing turds like those on the left.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:23 PM
beansy

Watched him on Sky Sports recently, and think he's done superbly, for a footballer not long retired - look at that @#%&! Redknapp.

He's definitely been doing his homework on his manner etc and puts to shame all the @#%&!s (both reds and not) that think he's all mouth and cringeworthy.

Should've been Cpt after Keane imo. Legend.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:33 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansy
Watched him on Sky Sports recently, and think he's done superbly, for a footballer not long retired - look at that @#%&! Redknapp.

He's definitely been doing his homework on his manner etc and puts to shame all the @#%&!s (both reds and not) that think he's all mouth and cringeworthy.

My missus says he knows his onions but his tone is dull, needs to have some sort of electrical device attached to his balls to alter his tone every now and then imo.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:37 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
it's to help with the revenue situation that uefa are imposing, so it will be full of beer/food etc...

you'll see a lot more things like this get built around OT which then give united more revenue and therefore help with this new rule.
Quote:

The club are saying it's a private venture and they wish Gary all the best etc so I don't know if they'll have any direct control over it. No doubt they'll get money from it somehow though.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:50 PM
dodger

Quote:

He was, wasn't he?

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:51 PM
beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
He was, wasn't he?
Not for any length. My bad, he did for a while, but Rio was first choice I thought eventually and Gaz was never seen as the perm capt.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:53 PM
dodger

Quote:
Not for any length. My bad, he did for a while, but Rio was first choice I thought eventually and Gaz was never seen as the perm capt.
I'm pretty sure he was official club captain.

Unread 17-05-2011, 05:56 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I'm pretty sure he was official club captain.
he was
Closed Thread