United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Tiberian

Default Roy Keane

A lot of rumours going around that he will sign Richardson this week. Say they are true for once and it goes through, How will this affect the perception of Keane?

A lot of people on this site have advocated him as the next Utd manager, at the same time Richardson is despised, used as an example of all that is wrong with todays young footballers. Examples of Roy Keane disliking Richardson, and his attitude have always been used against Richardson. The Bentley story for one.

It seems like a strange match if Richardson is really the big time Charlie he has been painted as.

Unread 02-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I'd automatically hate him and forget everything he's achieved and presume that if he was manager of a big club after years of experience he would sign the same kind of players he signed at Sunderland.

Unread 02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
armchair

step 8.

Unread 02-07-2007, 04:45 PM
fix up look SHARPE

risking his own job by blowing his transfer budget on a useless @#%&! just so we don't have to put up with him for another season...it'd be proof he's still united through and through.

Unread 02-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I'd automatically hate him and forget everything he's achieved and presume that if he was manager of a big club after years of experience he would sign the same kind of players he signed at Sunderland.
Maybe it also means that Richardson is not the person he is made out to be?

Does not change the fact that he is not good enough for us, but it is rather amusing that the man who rubbished Richardson and his peers on the infamous MUTV interview is eager to bring him to his club.

Unread 02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
TreeFiddy

Just because he's clearly not good enough for United, that doesn't mean he can't be a decent player for a lower premiership club.

Unread 02-07-2007, 05:15 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Just because he's clearly not good enough for United, that doesn't mean he can't be a decent player for a lower premiership club.
spot on mate!! a player like richardson just needs to find his level! keano obviously thinks that's his level - and i'd agree! it would be a great move for him - and i'd expect him to score goals and create for them!

Unread 02-07-2007, 05:18 PM
violater

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=32907

keane even had a word with him in holland as they do get on.

dont believe the %@#$&!s you hear on here.
richardson is a good young player who will improve playing regular first team football.
thats both roy keane and bryan robson who rate him as a footballer along with the backroom staff at ot (including saf) who have kept him at the club.

stupid me think they know more than a few on here who believe what they read in the mirror gossip columns.

Unread 02-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Tiberian

But apparently Keane hated Richardson's attitude at OT. He indirectly lambasted him and other young players before he left. "Having to play badly to get a new contract" and all the rest of his tantrum on MUTV was interpreted by his rabid fans as him railing against falling standards and big time Charlie attitudes. Some considered him a martyr at the time, speaking out when Fergie would not do it.

In reality it was an unprofessional tantrum over the fact that he was not being offered a new contract. the fact that he retired 6 months later after strolling around for Celtic while Utd started an upturn in form that would foreshadow the success of this season shows it was the right decision to get rid of him.

Have had to listen to couple of Utd fans telling me that Keane has to be the next manager, because he would not put up with "classless little scrotes like Richardson" for months Maybe this will take Keane off his pedestal to those guys if it goes through.

Unread 02-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater

richardson is a good young player who will improve playing regular first team football.
thats both roy keane and bryan robson who rate him as a footballer along with the backroom staff at ot (including saf) who have kept him at the club.

stupid me think they know more than a few on here who believe what they read in the mirror gossip columns.
True, too many people listen and believe rumours, hell I do it myself when it suits my agenda.

Unread 02-07-2007, 05:46 PM
keane Roy

No he won't (you probably will not believe me ) but according someone my dad knows who is one of the back room staff at united just before keane's outburst on MUTV he had an argument with richardson and it got a bit heated, apprantly keane held him by the throat and said if he kept mouthing off he would kill him, richardsons reply was 'go on then' when it was spilt up. I have got no reason whatsoever to doubt the person who told me this and you have got no reason to believe me but I am telling you what I have been told.

Unread 02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
True, too many people listen and believe rumours, hell I do it myself when it suits my agenda.
Funny you should say that given that this thread was started on the back of a rumour that Keane might be interested in signing him for Sunderland

Unread 02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Funny you should say that given that this thread was started on the back of a rumour that Keane might be interested in signing him for Sunderland
Exactly My agenda would be a frustration with people telling me that Roy Keane is some sort of footballing messiah.

Unread 02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
elephantstone

Keane said he would drive Richardson to West Bromwich himself............it was a dig, but Keane has more than 1 u turn in his career.

Unread 02-07-2007, 06:24 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Keane said he would drive Richardson to West Bromwich himself............it was a dig, but Keane has more than 1 u turn in his career.
yes, just like fergie. Roy (i can only play once a week) Keane has selective amnesia when it comes to bold statements.

Unread 02-07-2007, 06:30 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:

YCNMIU.

Unread 02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:

Good work vio

Unread 02-07-2007, 07:48 PM
celtbion

Here's the situation for me.

Richardson is not good enough for Manchester Utd.

He is good enough for Sunderland and might do well there given regular football.

Roy Keane might £#%&!ing hate the guy's guts but football is a very very cynical game and he'll make the professional decision for the good of the club.

Ferguson has always been good at making an example of players he wants rid of and indulging those he wants to keep hold of.

Unread 02-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

'Mother Teresa'

Unread 02-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Whalefish

He'll do well at Sunderland.

However since Villa forked out £10million for Ashley Young I know I'm going to be pissed off when I see how much 'they' get Richardson for. I suspect it'll be up to or under £4million.
Closed Thread