United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2006, 10:41 PM
puressence

Default just heard ferguson on the radio about tonites game

question about the way we started the game .....

we were slow to the ball the fans were quiet they were waiting for something to happen ..

well you @#%&! if you played rooney upfront like you had 2 after going behind , let the players express themselves instead of £#%&!ing about with the formation we would have buried the @#%&!s after 20 minutes ..

Unread 06-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Spiffy

These are the same fans who think they should get a say in the running of the club? Either we're wanted and needed or not. Take your pick Fergie you two faced @#%&!.

Accept some responsibility yourself, you picked the team and formation. Only after changing it did it come good. Your 451 almost cost us again you senile old @#%&!. I wish he'd £#%&! off.

Unread 06-12-2006, 10:58 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
These are the same fans who think they should get a say in the running of the club? Either we're wanted and needed or not. Take your pick Fergie you two faced @#%&!.

Accept some responsibility yourself, you picked the team and formation. Only after changing it did it come good. Your 451 almost cost us again you senile old @#%&!. I wish he'd £#%&! off.
agreed ..hes says the game changed when we put wayne back in his normal position .. no shit you silly old @#%&! .you have a gewat player like rooney who at times tonite was the £#%&!ing leftback

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Tiberian

4-5-1 is an option, but not against teams like Celtic, Benfica etc. If we draw Barcelona in the next round i would fully expect us to play an extra midfielder in the away leg, they keep the ball so well and have so much movement that it would be asking a lot for Scholes who looks tired after an hour to chase and harry all game.

If we want to do well in this tournament, we need to play to our strengths more often, set a tempo in matches. We play 4-5-1 and the team go cautious and nervous.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:04 PM
KHITC.

pure did you have a few quiet words in his ear when you sat behind the dug out a few weeks back?

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I wish he'd £#%&! off.
Out of interest (not much, but a little) who would you replace him with?

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:05 PM
TheNew

Agree with everything everyone has said here.

Fergie's interview was pathetic. Our problems were all down to him tonight and his laughable tactical masterclass.

We can see it, Andy Gray can see it, the whole world can £#%&!ing see it....we're at our best when we play to our strengths. And our strengths are totally negated when when play 4-5-1.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Lippi - available
Mourinho - would come
Wenger - probably come
Hughes - definitely come

In that order, maybe switch Hughes/Wenger around.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:09 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Lippi - available
Mourinho - would come
Wenger - probably come
Hughes - definitely come

In that order, maybe switch Hughes/Wenger around.
Wenger.

Please. Do we not have any integrity?

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:09 PM
puressence

Quote:
jose .... nft

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Mourinho - would come
Wenger - probably come
shankly - would come

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Of course - Mourinho. The master of expressive free-flowing football. Do you actually take a second to think about what a contradictory argument that is. Sack Fergie for using 4-5-1 or negative systems, then get Mourinho in - a guy who has spent hundreds of millions and produced the current Chelsea team.

Lippi is in semi-retirement, and doesn't even speak English.

As for the others:

Wenger - Yes, great idea. Lets get the guy who finished fourth last season, and is sixteen points behind us in the league.

Hughes - He would come, of course he £#%&!ing would. He plays shite football, moans endlessly about referees and is currently guiding Blackburn to 14th place in the league.

But we're only top of the Premiership and winners of our Champions League group, so Fergie must go and be replaced with managers who he is currently outperforming.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Wenger.

Please. Do we not have any integrity?
We signed Alan Smith. We've accepted the Glazers.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Of course - Mourinho. The master of expressive free-flowing football. Do you actually take a second to think about what a contradictory argument that is. Sack Fergie for using 4-5-1 or negative systems, then get Mourinho in - a guy who has spent hundreds of millions and produced the current Chelsea team.

Lippi is in semi-retirement, and doesn't even speak English.

As for the others:

Wenger - Yes, great idea. Lets get the guy who finished fourth last season, and is sixteen points behind us in the league.

Hughes - He would come, of course he £#%&!ing would. He plays shite football, moans endlessly about referees and is currently guiding Blackburn to 14th place in the league.

But we're only top of the league and winners of out Champions League group, so Fergie must go.

Lippi is taking 1 year out and is learning English. He's already lined up.

Mourinho who is tactically a million times better than Fergie, he's even better at the mind games Fergie used to be so good at. The 451 we played tonight may well have worked with a team picked and motivated by Mourinho but Fergie doesn't seem to be able to either set it up right or use it at the right times. Tonight's game was made for 442 and everyone else could see it.

Wenger, we need a man who can manage on a budget. What he has doen with the money he has spent is remarkable. I think a new challenge would bring out the best in him.

Hughes, turned around a shite Blackburn team. OK they've struggled a bit this term but they'll do OK, he deserves a shot if we're going for someone who hasn't won a major trophy.

SAF - not done much for years, still disappoints with his tactics, seen too many players go due to personal reason or he's signed players who he's failed to get the best of them. He's alienating himself with the fans and is responsible for the Glazer's taking control of United.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:30 PM
S/Side.Red

You're only suggesting Hughes because he played for United though, aren't you?

He's done a decent job with Blackburn, but are you seriously advocating a team top of the league and winners of their Champions League group sacking their manager and replacing him with a rookie who has won no trophies and whose team currently sit in 14th place in the Premiership?

The Wenger praise is quite clearly based on past glories, which I know anti-Fergie fans hate. Arsenal have been shocking for a couple of years now, and Wenger seems to be quite clueless on how to turn it around.

Mourinho's football at United. You really want that?

I don't even know why I'm arguing the case for not sacking a manager when we're top of the league and group winners in the Champions League.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
You're only suggesting Hughes because he played for United though, aren't you?

He's done a decent job with Blackburn, but are you seriously advocating a team top of the league and winners of their Champions League group sacking their manager and replacing him with a rookie who has won no trophies and whose team currently sit in 14th place in the Premiership?

The Wenger praise is quite clearly based on past glories, which I know anti-Fergie fans hate. Arsenal have been shocking for a couple of years now, and Wenger seems to be quite clueless on how to turn it around.

Mourinho's football at United. You really want that?

I don't even know why I'm arguing the case for not sacking a manager when we're top of the league and group winners in the Champions League.

I said I wished he'd £#%&! off. Hughes makes the list due to his relative success with Wales and then Blackburn. He'd get the respect of the players in the dressing room which would be essential.

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I said I wished he'd £#%&! off. Hughes makes the list due to his relative success with Wales and then Blackburn. He'd get the respect of the players in the dressing room which would be essential.
Yep, maybe if he gets their respect he can lift morale and get us to the top of the league.

Wait a minute...

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Mourinho who is tactically a million times better than Fergie, he's even better at the mind games Fergie used to be so good at.
mourinho is not particularly good tactically. he was very lucky with porto and has an endless cash supply with chelsea. he is still unable to produce a side which plays decent football. mind games are media %@#$&!s, nothing more.

Quote:
Wenger, we need a man who can manage on a budget. What he has doen with the money he has spent is remarkable. I think a new challenge would bring out the best in him.
if there's one manager who is not leaving his club, it's wenger. he would never be accepted by the fans. the only job he will leave the arse for is french national team coach.

Quote:
Hughes, turned around a shite Blackburn team. OK they've struggled a bit this term but they'll do OK, he deserves a shot if we're going for someone who hasn't won a major trophy.
has won nothing, has almost no experience at the highest level and plays shite football. also prone to dubious transfers. other than that - fine.

Quote:
SAF...seen too many players go due to personal reason...He's alienating himself with the fans and is responsible for the Glazer's taking control of United.
other than stam (and there's the drug issue there) i can't think of any player who didn't leave for footballing reasons. they may have claimed it was personal, but that was usually after they had lost their place in the team (beckham, rvn) or should have lost their place in the team (keane). fergie is one of the few managers who is almost always praised by ex-players.

lippi was a serious suggestion, but would be a short-term solution at best. personally i favour jol, but he needs to build on his first season.

Unread 07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
puressence

bttt

Unread 07-12-2006, 08:44 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Nick Leeson
Closed Thread