United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2019, 09:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Axel in the holding midfield role could be an option? Big athletic guy and can pick a pass too.
don't think I didn't notice this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Axel and Gomes played well and were probably our best players
gomes makes mata look like the rock. I worry about you.

Unread 20-09-2019, 07:38 AM
windy waffles

Chong was horrendous.

Unread 20-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Seamus

lets not get too excited

Unread 20-09-2019, 07:46 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
lets not get too excited
this sums up how we feel about United, with the girl being United

Unread 20-09-2019, 08:27 AM
believe

Reminds me of this thread

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...hlight=Players

Unread 20-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 20-09-2019, 08:52 AM
AK14

Quote:
Sparky with a positive post...

Unread 20-09-2019, 08:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
lets not get too excited
Oh believe me, we aren't.

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Seamus

Quote:

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That and not having any structure to our play
Funny how nothing is said about that.

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:27 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Funny how nothing is said about that.
This is what I’m struggling with. The “superfans” on here berating people for seeing anything other than positives are completely missing the point; everyone is happy that Greenwood scored and that the younger lads got their chance last night, but what kind of football are we actually trying to play?

We don’t keep the ball particularly well, so possession-based football is clearly not what we’re aiming for. We don’t move the ball particularly quickly, so direct and attacking football doesn’t seem to be on the agenda either. For all the pace we have at times our counter attacks are abysmal, and there’s a worrying trend for whoever is on the ball to keep running with it and not bother looking up to make the right pass. There have been multiple times I’ve watched us lately where the break has been on and yet the player in possession will hold on to the ball long enough to allow the oppositions defense to get back into shape. Rashford and Lingard are both absolute nightmares for this.

Moyes - cross it in
LVG - possession is more important than goals
Mourinho - defensive team, units all across the pitch, wait for the opposition to make a mistake and attempt to capitalise
Ole - ???

There is absolutely no cohesion to our style of play and it’s a huge concern for me, Ole isn’t just the caretaker manager now, he’s been here for nearly a year and something has to give.

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

£#%&!ing learnt my lesson there didn’t I

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:39 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing learnt my lesson there didn’t I

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
This is what I’m struggling with. The “superfans” on here berating people for seeing anything other than positives are completely missing the point; everyone is happy that Greenwood scored and that the younger lads got their chance last night, but what kind of football are we actually trying to play?

We don’t keep the ball particularly well, so possession-based football is clearly not what we’re aiming for. We don’t move the ball particularly quickly, so direct and attacking football doesn’t seem to be on the agenda either. For all the pace we have at times our counter attacks are abysmal, and there’s a worrying trend for whoever is on the ball to keep running with it and not bother looking up to make the right pass. There have been multiple times I’ve watched us lately where the break has been on and yet the player in possession will hold on to the ball long enough to allow the oppositions defense to get back into shape. Rashford and Lingard are both absolute nightmares for this.

Moyes - cross it in
LVG - possession is more important than goals
Mourinho - defensive team, units all across the pitch, wait for the opposition to make a mistake and attempt to capitalise
Ole - ???

There is absolutely no cohesion to our style of play and it’s a huge concern for me, Ole isn’t just the caretaker manager now, he’s been here for nearly a year and something has to give.
This!

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:52 AM
puressence

Quote:
havent you a quran to read ffs
Closed Thread