United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Baron

Considering how skilful he is, he's looked uncoordinated the whole tournament bar a few natural off the cuff moments. It's come too early, Serie A isn't the challenge, he knows he needs to move & take the next step. I doubt it'll be to Madrid which is liable to be more pressure than the last few weeks every week for him. He's a wonderful player & Deschamps is a %@#$&!. He should be a Lampard type third midfielder allowed to burst forward & some defensive security behind him.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Really?

Zidane was one of the most skillful footballers ever. He made the most outrageous stuff look piss easy and schooled the best.

Pogba for me has more rounded quality but if you break his game down you can find other players who are better at specific facets and there are others who are better midfielders. Their skill-set is just not as versatile.

I think the Gerrard comparison is correct. He doesn't really nail down a position for himself but you play him regardless because of the talent.
He's miles more skilful than Gerrard ffs. And more disciplined.

Gerrard

Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Yeah, if you judge players on finals then theres some nasty shit you could say about Griezmann after tonight and the cl final.
Just said that in a text. And I'd pay £100m for him too.

Bunker Buster

We got a YOUTUBE vid !!!!

Completely not how he's played this tournament......YES

elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i mean in his style of play not ...................that he's as good as zidane.

His touches, his balance despite being 6ft 4...drifts past players...

this isn't the type of player you stick infront of the back 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjmvcousUPg
i'm not convinced.

i think this whole story is bonkers.

100mil for this lad is scandalous.

he's raw and in my eyes no way near good enough to merit the price tag.

he could well just implode if he came back to united, which is even more ludicrous considering we let him go for nothing.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
i'm not convinced.

i think this whole story is bonkers.

100mil for this lad is scandalous.

he's raw and in my eyes no way near good enough to merit the price tag.

he could well just implode if he came back to united, which is even more ludicrous considering we let him go for nothing.
Of course it is. But you have to remember that we're now operating in a transfer market which sees Raheem Sterling move for £45m and Jordan Ibe being sold for £15m...Troy Deeney almost went for as much as we paid for Van Persie.

There is no sense. TV money has made everyone flush with cash. Crystal Palace and West Ham are bidding £30m for players now.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He's miles more skilful than Gerrard ffs. And more disciplined.

Gerrard
We're not talking ability, we're talking his role in the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He has genuine ability to be a match winner, as he is capable of moments that few other players can achieve.

Don't be expecting him to run a game like Xavi or Scholes, because it ain't going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He's most like Gerrard, which is obviously still a huge assest if you set the midfield up correctly.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:26 PM
andyroo

Wary of kneejerking. He's better than he's looked in this tournament and he's been mismanaged.

But really we should be getting what we absolutely £#%&!ing need before what we want.

Someone said up the blog he's not the bloke to control games, more a moments of magic type. That's all very well but we need control first. We're a side that needs a whole lot of improving and a whole lot of direction, not an almost finished article just missing a spark.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:27 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Of course it is. But you have to remember that we're now operating in a transfer market which sees Raheem Sterling move for £45m and Jordan Ibe being sold for £15m...Troy Deeney almost went for as much as we paid for Van Persie.

There is no sense. TV money has made everyone flush with cash. Crystal Palace and West Ham are bidding £30m for players now.
just because everyone other @#%&! is jumping in the Irwell doesn't mean we have to. leave them to it.

we don't need him and we don't need the attention that signing would bring.

it's a rod for our back and we've got enough going on with mourinho and zlatan mixing things up.

if we've got the money and the intent to be splashing up to 100mil on a player that money and energy could be focused on a better and more suitable player IMO.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
just because everyone other @#%&! is jumping in the Irwell doesn't mean we have to. leave them to it.

it's a rod for our back and we've got enough going on with mourinho and zlatan mixing things up.

if we've got the money and the intent to be splashing up to 100mil on a player that money and energy could be focused on a better and more suitable player IMO.
Only time will tell, pal.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Wary of kneejerking. He's better than he's looked in this tournament and he's been mismanaged.

But really we should be getting what we absolutely £#%&!ing need before what we want.

Someone said up the blog he's not the bloke to control games, more a moments of magic type. That's all very well but we need control first. We're a side that needs a whole lot of improving and a whole lot of direction, not an almost finished article just missing a spark.
Quote:

Sage n Onions these two... ^^^^

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Like a centre half, a wide right and a striker?

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Sandman

Comparing him to Gerrard is an insult to Gerrard, scouse @#%&! that he was, he was one of the most dynamic players of his generation. That's not something Pogba will ever be.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:33 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

ZERO £#%&!s how he's done at this tournament nor the fee involved.

He's a diamond.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:36 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Comparing him to Gerrard is an insult to Gerrard, scouse @#%&! that he was, he was one of the most dynamic players of his generation. That's not something Pogba will ever be.
you're mentally ill.

and i mean that.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:37 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:38 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
glad it wasn't just me who thought that.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:38 PM
Pop

Gerrard. £#%&!ing Gerrard ffs

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:40 PM
BobJones

Quote:
Comparing him to Gerrard is an insult to Gerrard, scouse c*** that he was, he was one of the most dynamic players of his generation. That's not something Pogba will ever be.

Unread 10-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Pop

Needs reposting

Closed Thread