United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Wrestling

Unread 29-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
That looks ace to be fair

Who’d a thunk Lynch would become a megastar in a year.

She’s brilliant.
It's all choreographed isn't it ?

So she didn't win anything, she just followed a script... yes ?

Unread 29-01-2019, 02:35 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
It's all choreographed isn't it ?

So she didn't win anything, she just followed a script... yes ?
Yes....and no.

Same way that an actress may get stuck in Emmerdale all her life and another actress may get plum Hollywood roles and Oscars.

The senior bookers - the people who run the company - decide who will be the champ and that boils down to who will make the most money for the company, put on the best show etc.

So basically 'winning' the title is like being recognised as the best in her profession.

There's a load of skill needed - no coincidence so many go on to Hollywood and do well. They need great work ethics and discipline, great traits to have in Hollywood I'd imagine.

Unread 29-01-2019, 05:10 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
What? Really?

Actually, I'm not surprised. His latest turn is a total dud - he has gone from top dog to nothing.

RIP The Shield.

Edit: that's him being pinned by Nia Jax at Elimination Chamber or whatever :-)

Also - guess who Hawkins will end his losing streak to?

Can see him fighting over Alicia Fox's hat too
PWTorch broke the story so I'd be surprised if it was false. The Torch and the Observer are the two main sites as far as dirtsheets are concerned and wouldn't publish something so definitively without effectively being told first hand. Ambrose being eliminated pretty uneventfully at the rumble and jobbing to Seth last night seems to point to him being on his way out. Back to being Jon Moxley in AEW I guess!

Unread 29-01-2019, 07:01 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink View Post
PWTorch broke the story so I'd be surprised if it was false. The Torch and the Observer are the two main sites as far as dirtsheets are concerned and wouldn't publish something so definitively without effectively being told first hand. Ambrose being eliminated pretty uneventfully at the rumble and jobbing to Seth last night seems to point to him being on his way out. Back to being Jon Moxley in AEW I guess!
Yeah,it all adds up doesn’t it?

I hope he reveals all with what happened with Lesnar too.

I dislike Lesnar but looking at his matches over the last couple of years, he has been very respectful to Styles, Bryan, Balor, Joe etc.

Unread 30-01-2019, 11:13 AM
TheKitchenSink

WWE now confirmed Ambrose is leaving after WrestleMania:

Hideo Itami/KENTA also asked for his release:

In the past few weeks The Revival as well as Maria and Mike Kanellis have also asked for their releases, but as of yet not been granted them.

Seems like with AEW on the horizon and NJPW/Impact also picking up steam over the past few years/months that underutilised WWE talent are becoming more and more likely to look elsewhere. Goes without saying it's good news for the business as a whole.

Unread 30-01-2019, 11:16 AM
forwardirektion

Daniel Bryan's new belt is a thing of wonder

Unread 30-01-2019, 11:20 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion View Post
Daniel Bryan's new belt is a thing of wonder
I love the new Daniel Bryan.

What a man.

Unread 30-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Switching Off