berbatov 6 27.27%
tevez 16 72.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:48 AM
marlo stansfield

Default berbatov or tevez

who is a better striker?
if you had to pick one, who would you pick?

this should be interesting.

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:50 AM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
who is a better striker?
if you had to pick one, who would you pick?

Is this pick for a new signing or pick to start a game for utd?

I feel clarification here is key to this debate that will rage.

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:50 AM
koppas

Tevez

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:51 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Is this pick for a new signing or pick to start a game for utd?

I feel clarification here is key to this debate that will rage.
if this was last summer and we had to sign one to join rooney and saha. who would you pick?

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:53 AM
MUFC One Love

Really tough one, mainly 'cos they're different players. I also honestly think Tevez will be much better this season after a proper rest.

Can't we just have both?

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Coracao

Unsurprisingly, I have voted for Berbatov. I can't think of many things that Tevez is better at, work rate the only stand out thing that he has in his favour when matched head to head.

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:58 AM
n48

Quote:
if this was last summer and we had to sign one to join rooney and saha. who would you pick?
If that's the case then Berbabtov. I think we've seen the best from a limited player in Tevez. Berbatove would dovetail nicely with the pace and guile of saha. It's all about balance and blend.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:01 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
If that's the case then Berbabtov. I think we've seen the best from a limited player in Tevez. Berbatove would dovetail nicely with the pace and guile of saha. It's all about balance and blend.
tevez was a our best striker last season despite not having a pre season etc.

to call him limited is hilarious.

you dont win what he has won by being limited.

he scored headers, tap ins, long shots(west ham-h-), cool finishes and vital goals last season
his goals saved us so many times yet he is "limited"?

if tevez is limited then its time to take off the specs and call "you know who" limited as well.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:04 PM
armchair

tevez for his workrate

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Coracao

BTW, i'd like to see the results of this poll this time next year if Berbatov does sign. I think it could make interesting reading.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:08 PM
dunk

Tevez.

I've wanted him at OT since I saw him in the Olympics for Argentina.

£#%&!ing quality player, attitude, ability and workrate.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:10 PM
History

Tevez lacks quality's where Berbatov has qualitys
Berbatov lacks quality where Tevez has quality.

You can't really Compare them to each other totally different players. So i've not voted.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:11 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
BTW, i'd like to see the results of this poll this time next year if Berbatov does sign. I think it could make interesting reading.
tevez will put the marker down for rooney this season.

we havent seen nothing of him yet.

i reckon he will be our player of the season this year.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:12 PM
n48

Quote:
tevez was a our best striker last season despite not having a pre season etc.

to call him limited is hilarious.

you dont win what he has won by being limited.

he scored headers, tap ins, long shots(west ham-h-), cool finishes and vital goals last season
his goals saved us so many times yet he is "limited"?

if tevez is limited then its time to take off the specs and call "you know who" limited as well.

It's just my opinion kind sir. I happen to think that there is room for improvement with this side and I think Berbativ's physicality means he brings much more to the field than Tevez who is rather one dimensional in his play. If united are to continue winning then they need to evolve and keep the opposition guessing. I seem to remember him missing quite a few easy goals for united last season. Berbs has done so well in a limited spurs side that to play tevez ahead of him would be frankly ludicrous and you know that.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:13 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
I think Berbativ's physicality means he brings much more to the field than Tevez who is rather one dimensional in his play. .

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:14 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Its been brilliant so far

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:18 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
It's just my opinion kind sir. I happen to think that there is room for improvement with this side and I think Berbativ's physicality means he brings much more to the field than Tevez who is rather one dimensional in his play. If united are to continue winning then they need to evolve and keep the opposition guessing. I seem to remember him missing quite a few easy goals for united last season. Berbs has done so well in a limited spurs side that to play tevez ahead of him would be frankly ludicrous and you know that.
tevez did well in a very very shit west ham side so much so that he kept them up and came to united and without a pre season scored very important goals, formed a great partnership with rooney and led us on to win the league and ecl double.
yep a plodder from spurs who is scores as many as robbie keane deserves to start ahead of him.

Quote:
I think Berbativ's physicality means he brings much more to the field than Tevez who is rather one dimensional in his play.

are you ok?

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:19 PM
n48

If both of these players didnt play for united and we had the option to buy one, would anyone choose otherwise? I think it's unfortunate that we're unable to recognise a good player just because he's not currently a united player.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Coracao

How the £#%&! can Berbatov be described as a plodder? :shakehead:

That just makes a mockery of anything that you have to say on the subject.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:23 PM
n48

Quote:
tevez did well in a very very shit west ham side so much so that he kept them up and came to united and without a pre season scored very important goals, formed a great partnership with rooney and led us on to win the league and ecl double.
yep a plodder from spurs who is scores as many as robbie keane deserves to start ahead of him.

are you ok?
I'm fine and will be if he signs as he'll outperform the little non-commital south american in every area.

Closed Thread