United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
The league will be even harder this season, simply because of the upheavel and negativity (caused by one @#%&!) in our own camp.

It's the reason I want him out and new players in.Do that, and I think we'll be ok.

You may be right but we've always managed to turn adversity into a positive so I expect us to use this as a rallying cry.

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You may be right but we've always managed to turn adversity into a positive so I expect us to use this as a rallying cry.
Hope so.

But the last thing I want from this season is for it all to be about how 'Ronaldos heart just isnt in it' etc.We shouldn't let the @#%&! turn us into a laughing stock.

If he's going to be sulking, underperforming and undermining team spirit, I'd rather he went now.

I just don't see how it'll work with him back at OT.

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:23 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Hope so.
You can bank on it pal.

As for Ronaldo and letting him rot, I'm all for it, in fact I'm pretty sure it doesn't even set a precedent. Kluivert ?

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
dunk

We can't sell him, the one club he wants to play for have got no £#%&!ing money.

He will be here for 2-3 years yet, I would imagine, unless we sell him to someone with money, city maybe.

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Stickman

3 years without the carling cup would be really hard to take.

I want ol bugger lugs back in the trophy cabinet.

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Mr_Ed

I'd love to match their 18 but I'd also love to win the ECL again so we are 1 behind in that aspect too...

I never thought I'd say this but Ronaldo's whoring himself to RM has tainted last seasons achievements for me.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:53 AM
The Watcher

Manchester United has never retained the European Cup. We've never dominated an era of European football, like we have domestically. For this reason, given a choice, I'd take another European Cup over an 18th League title.

Winning either of the two major titles would be a fantastic achievement, the buzz of getting number 18 would be incredible and very satisfying

However, I'm just glad that we currently have a side capable of winning on multiple fronts!

Unread 14-07-2008, 01:00 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I'd love to match their 18 but I'd also love to win the ECL again so we are 1 behind in that aspect too...

I never thought I'd say this but Ronaldo's whoring himself to RM has tainted last seasons achievements for me.
I don't mean to sound like a Top Red or anything. But this is Manchester United, Not Ronaldo fc. You need to think of them other players who would die for this club like Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Wes..etc.. and how much it meant to them as much as us. Then think back and The double is amazing Can't belive we did it, still watch the pens everyday on my ipod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Manchester United has never retained the European Cup. We've never dominated an era of European football, like we have domestically. For this reason, given a choice, I'd take another European Cup over an 18th League title.

Winning either of the two major titles would be a fantastic achievement, the buzz of getting number 18 would be incredible and very satisfying

However, I'm just glad that we currently have a side capable of winning on multiple fronts!
I'd love Fergie to make it 18 this year, then hopefully he can repeat that famous line.

Unread 14-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I know this is controversial but I believe that we would not have had that barren spell had Fergie not been distracted with his horses. As soon as he knuckled down, we won the league again.
There's no question about that.

Unread 14-07-2008, 04:40 AM
borsuk

if ronnie stays then i'd love to win the league. if he goes then nothing would beat keeping the european cup, hopefully beating £#%&!ing real in the first knockout round.

course, if liverpool get downing in as well as barry then it's all academic anyway.

Unread 14-07-2008, 04:57 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou_macari_chippy
there's no question about that.

Unread 14-07-2008, 06:53 AM
bcred

ECL> League for me (and can we beat citeh please).

Unread 14-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
ECL> League for me (and can we beat citeh please).
Yes we will. Twice!

YHIHF

Unread 14-07-2008, 07:35 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I'd prefer to win old Big Ears. Equalling their league record would be nice, but being the first team to retain the Champions League would be sweeter for me. And we'd only be one away from their 5.
nft.
Closed Thread