United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 10-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Drexl

As Above, So Below

Blair Witch type shaky camera "horror" set in the Paris catacombs.

Very silly, but the location/camera POV works very well. More intriguing than scary, and the religious trail of clues are hokey, but worth a watch if you are stuck

Unread 10-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Stickman

Hitch

Still fun

7.4/10

Unread 11-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Ethers

The Guilty.

On Netflix. Danish film about a police officer awaiting a hearing, so he’s answering emergency calls on a phone desk.

Surprisingly good. Didn’t expect much as it was just a random choice, but quite enjoyed it.

Apparently there’s a Hollywood remake already in the pipeline.

Unread 12-08-2019, 12:47 AM
MrBishi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
As Above, So Below

Very silly, but the location/camera POV works very well. More intriguing than scary, and the religious trail of clues are hokey, but worth a watch if you are stuck
Thought it'd be run-of-the-mill found-footage but I enjoyed it, surprisingly good special effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The Guilty.

On Netflix. Danish film about a police officer awaiting a hearing, so he’s answering emergency calls on a phone desk.

Surprisingly good. Didn’t expect much as it was just a random choice, but quite enjoyed it.

Apparently there’s a Hollywood remake already in the pipeline.
Also scores highly on the Bishometer

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:02 AM
moransbleedinghead

The Hustle (Anne Hathaway & Rebel Wilson), remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels without any of the humour or charm. 1 out 10, should be 0 but Anne would always get one from me.

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
The Hustle (Anne Hathaway & Rebel Wilson), remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels without any of the humour or charm. 1 out 10, should be 0 but Anne would always get one from me.
Absolutely brilliant film.

Ruprecht.

Unread 12-08-2019, 11:03 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
Went to see the musical of that with Robert Lindsay and Rufus Hound, among others, it was absolutely f***ing brilliant. Don't think I've ever laughed at anything so much, ever.

Unread 12-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Cream

The Operative.

I f***ing hate Martin Freeman. He is in this.

Not sure what I watched. It just sort of ended.

out of

Indeed, from the Roger Ebert review:
Quote:
But then “The Operative” just sort of … ends. And with that abrupt conclusion comes the realization that perhaps we never knew this character at all, as well as a shrug.
pls avoid.

Last edited by Cream; 12-08-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Unread 12-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Baron

Beautiful Boy

Steve Carrell's kid bloody loves drugs doesn't he? Mad for them. Can't get enough. Pretty standard fair, lovely soundtrack aside, all very OK.

7.231 / 10

Unread 14-08-2019, 04:01 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
As Above, So Below

Enjoyed it but with all those riddles and clues I was utterly convinced Dusty Bin was going to be around one of those corners.