United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 10-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Drexl

As Above, So Below

Blair Witch type shaky camera "horror" set in the Paris catacombs.

Very silly, but the location/camera POV works very well. More intriguing than scary, and the religious trail of clues are hokey, but worth a watch if you are stuck

Unread 10-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Stickman

Hitch

Still fun

7.4/10

Unread 11-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Ethers

The Guilty.

On Netflix. Danish film about a police officer awaiting a hearing, so he’s answering emergency calls on a phone desk.

Surprisingly good. Didn’t expect much as it was just a random choice, but quite enjoyed it.

Apparently there’s a Hollywood remake already in the pipeline.

Unread 12-08-2019, 12:47 AM
MrBishi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
As Above, So Below

Very silly, but the location/camera POV works very well. More intriguing than scary, and the religious trail of clues are hokey, but worth a watch if you are stuck
Thought it'd be run-of-the-mill found-footage but I enjoyed it, surprisingly good special effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
The Guilty.

On Netflix. Danish film about a police officer awaiting a hearing, so he’s answering emergency calls on a phone desk.

Surprisingly good. Didn’t expect much as it was just a random choice, but quite enjoyed it.

Apparently there’s a Hollywood remake already in the pipeline.
Also scores highly on the Bishometer

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:02 AM
moransbleedinghead

The Hustle (Anne Hathaway & Rebel Wilson), remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels without any of the humour or charm. 1 out 10, should be 0 but Anne would always get one from me.

Unread 12-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead View Post
The Hustle (Anne Hathaway & Rebel Wilson), remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels without any of the humour or charm. 1 out 10, should be 0 but Anne would always get one from me.
Absolutely brilliant film.

Ruprecht.

Unread 12-08-2019, 11:03 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead View Post
Went to see the musical of that with Robert Lindsay and Rufus Hound, among others, it was absolutely fucking brilliant. Don't think I've ever laughed at anything so much, ever.

Unread 12-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Cream

The Operative.

I fucking hate Martin Freeman. He is in this.

Not sure what I watched. It just sort of ended.

out of

Indeed, from the Roger Ebert review:
Quote:
But then “The Operative” just sort of … ends. And with that abrupt conclusion comes the realization that perhaps we never knew this character at all, as well as a shrug.
pls avoid.

Last edited by Cream; 12-08-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Unread 12-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Baron

Beautiful Boy

Steve Carrell's kid bloody loves drugs doesn't he? Mad for them. Can't get enough. Pretty standard fair, lovely soundtrack aside, all very OK.

7.231 / 10

Unread 14-08-2019, 04:01 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
As Above, So Below

Enjoyed it but with all those riddles and clues I was utterly convinced Dusty Bin was going to be around one of those corners.