United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:38 AM
dunk

Doesn’t matter what he did, the man was and is poison. Despised every minute he was in charge, even the trophies were agony.

I have marginally more sympathy for him the more apparent it becomes that transfers were largely out of his hands, still, utter @#%&!.

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:42 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Think you have to view Mou’s time through a different lense tbh. We all know now that the common denominator and primary cause of our failure was Woodward. What we’ve had is a successive list of managers who were ill equipped to deal with united and Woodward and no doubt made some awful decisions. Mou was and is a #@&%! but even with that character trait, his job was always going to be horrifically challenging given the state of the club under Woodward.

He did remarkably well to do as well as he did tbh - he just did it in a way that made people resent him and dislike him.

All our managers get a bit of a pass imv. Mou more than the others becuase he actually shone a light on the player power that developed under Woodward.

It’s why I find the Mou v lvg v ole stuff that saffers pushes so childish.
Bang on, great post. Moyes, LVG, Mourinho - three incredibly different managers all pretty much say the exact same thing about the way the club was run. The only reason Ole hasn’t is because he’s loyal to a fault.

Despite being shit, Rangnick has also said the same thing.

Basically everyone who’s rocked up post-Fergie has been left baffled at how we are run as a club.

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:43 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Think you have to view Mou’s time through a different lense tbh. We all know now that the common denominator and primary cause of our failure was Woodward. What we’ve had is a successive list of managers who were ill equipped to deal with united and Woodward and no doubt made some awful decisions. Mou was and is a #@&%! but even with that character trait, his job was always going to be horrifically challenging given the state of the club under Woodward.

He did remarkably well to do as well as he did tbh - he just did it in a way that made people resent him and dislike him.

All our managers get a bit of a pass imv. Mou more than the others becuase he actually shone a light on the player power that developed under Woodward.

Deffo agree with this. I’ve certainly become more sympathetic to Mourinho as time has passed, the only reason I still slate him on here is to wind up Saffers tbh

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:43 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Doesn’t matter what he did, the man was and is poison. Despised every minute he was in charge, even the trophies were agony.

I have marginally more sympathy for him the more apparent it becomes that transfers were largely out of his hands, still, utter @#%&!.

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The worst trophy wins ever. Ever.

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:52 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
The worst trophy wins ever. Ever.
Sure beat getting smacked 9-0 by Liverpool over the course of a season though

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Sure beat getting smacked 9-0 by Liverpool over the course of a season though
Well, yeah, but so did drawing with West Ham at Upton Park to miss out on the title by a point

Unread 24-05-2022, 10:05 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Well, yeah, but so did drawing with West Ham at Upton Park to miss out on the title by a point
Did it?!

Unread 24-05-2022, 10:09 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Did it?!
Better than losing 5-0 and 4-0 to Liverpool? It’s close, but just about.

Unread 24-05-2022, 10:16 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Better than losing 5-0 and 4-0 to Liverpool? It’s close, but just about.
Maybe it’s just a symptom of how football generally is less important in my life these days, but I would take winning that title over not getting smashed by Liverpool this season any day, it’s not even comparable for me. That game against West Ham bothered me for weeks, I still get annoyed when I think back to it now. The 5-0 was an obvious low point, but I genuinely say I got over it relatively quickly, and even more so for the 4-0

Unread 24-05-2022, 11:39 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Maybe it’s just a symptom of how football generally is less important in my life these days, but I would take winning that title over not getting smashed by Liverpool this season any day, it’s not even comparable for me. That game against West Ham bothered me for weeks, I still get annoyed when I think back to it now. The 5-0 was an obvious low point, but I genuinely say I got over it relatively quickly, and even more so for the 4-0
The Liverpool games everyone could see it before hand so mentally you’re half way prepared. Optimism aside , deep down there wasn’t a single United fan who thought the players might just turn up and win. It was expected and it happened.

Even these last 6 away games, maybe because we know we have a new manager in but the top 4 was still up for grabs . The players phoned it in, that is passed onto the fans. The manager too , you can tell ralf was exhausted with these @#%&!s who didn’t care, didn’t work hard or want to listen to anything he had to say.

One of the first steps to truly bring the fans back on board is to get rid of 15 odd shit@#%&!s in the team. It looks like that’s going to happen so maybe after a failed coup of football, a protest that stopped the scouser game, enough shit to get rid of Woodward, the glazers have decided to be a bit more ambitious on the footballing side and let the club get its shit together .

Either way, they still need to £#%&! off. No amount of ambition or “turnaround of clubs fortunes “ will wipe what they have done for the last 15 years

Unread 24-05-2022, 11:42 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The manager too , you can tell ralf was exhausted with these @#%&!s who didn’t care, didn’t work hard or want to listen to anything he had to say.
And the sleep disorder.

Unread 24-05-2022, 12:14 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 24-05-2022, 12:29 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Think you have to view Mou’s time through a different lense tbh. We all know now that the common denominator and primary cause of our failure was Woodward. What we’ve had is a successive list of managers who were ill equipped to deal with united and Woodward and no doubt made some awful decisions. Mou was and is a b*****d but even with that character trait, his job was always going to be horrifically challenging given the state of the club under Woodward.

Penny finally dropped.

Me, Saffers, Akers, Atticus said all this at the time. Brought this to light a few weeks back.

Mou still reckons it was one of his greatest achievements winning trophies and a 2nd place with these @#%&!s.

Glad you caught up.

Apology gracefully accepted.

Unread 24-05-2022, 12:34 PM
dunk

You were still wrong. They were £#%&!, playing shitty defensive football that he insisted upon, no wonder they were all sulking and sick of him. Had he actually managed them properly instead of using his outdated shit (that crashed and burned at Spurs too) we might not be in this shitty position right now. Awful appointment.

Unread 24-05-2022, 12:40 PM
shenwen

Just skimmed the Athletic report. Wow. Damning if true, although the fact it appears to have been written by a 12 year old who has English as a second language makes me a little suspicious of its veracity.

Ole doesn't come out of it well either. Did he really have a "Do you guys still like me?" meeting with the team? Ouch.

Unread 24-05-2022, 12:48 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Just skimmed the Athletic report. Wow. Damning if true, although the fact it appears to have been written by a 12 year old who has English as a second language makes me a little suspicious of its veracity.

Ole doesn't come out of it well either. Did he really have a "Do you guys still like me?" meeting with the team? Ouch.

Unread 24-05-2022, 12:55 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 24-05-2022, 12:58 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Penny finally dropped.

Me, Saffers, Akers, Atticus said all this at the time. Brought this to light a few weeks back.

Mou still reckons it was one of his greatest achievements winning trophies and a 2nd place with these @#%&!s.

Glad you caught up.

Unread 24-05-2022, 01:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

A lot of it has been backed up by Oggers in a separate ESPN article.

I don’t think anyone comes out of it well, it’s absolutely brutal stuff. I think Phelan is the one who looks good after it tbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Penny finally dropped.

Glad you caught up.

Hang on, so you’re saying Ole the PE teacher matched one of Mourinho’s greatest achievements, with a worse group of players?

Interesting.
Closed Thread