United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The board and owners didn’t.

They allowed the last manager to spend hundreds of millions on even more shit c***s.
130 million on Wan Bissaka and Maguire.

Sometimes you have to just say it to believe it; but Rangnick was supposed to get a tune out of them by giving some inspirational team talk.

Shocking.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:11 PM
Buck

He talks a good game in the same way a pundit in a studio can. It's easy to talk about problems when you have no responsibility to do anything about it. The difference is he had some power to do something about it. I was looking forward to his appointment at the time but now I think we should cut ties. It hasn't worked out. I think it will be patronising to Ten Hag and his coaching staff to have Rangnick around now. The most disappointing thing for me is as interim manager it would have been win-win for him to integrate youth players but he largely stayed to the same group of first team players even while slating them.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s becoming more and more clear that the managers weren’t responsible for who was signed in the vast majority of cases.
100% all managers at United have been handicapped vastly by poor recruitment , which includes giving contracts to players who don’t deserve them, giving them high wages so they can’t really be sold because nobody wants to pay or match their wages and sign players they don’t want.

Add on the fact transfers usually came a year late, players were allowed to do what they want. Board culture trickles down. Choosing players over the manager and you get where we are.

Doesn’t stop people comparing managers using one point for the manager they supported and then completely ignoring the same point for one they disliked .

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
That we have a squad full of shit @#%&!s? Everyone knows that.

Hardly needs a dossier from some clueless German to outline that fact
But it has now been shown beyond any doubt, there is nowhere for them to hide anymore.

Apparently some are already moaning to their pet parasite hacks that ETH might be about to train them a little too hard

£#%&! them.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He talks a good game in the same way a pundit in a studio can. It's easy to talk about problems when you have no responsibility to do anything about it. The difference is he had some power to do something about it. I was looking forward to his appointment at the time but now I think we should cut ties. It hasn't worked out. I think it will be patronising to Ten Hag and his coaching staff to have Rangnick around now. The most disappointing thing for me is as interim manager it would have been win-win for him to integrate youth players but he largely stayed to the same group of first team players even while slating them.

Bringing in youth is something I suppose he could have done but it is easier said than done. You can tell they just aren’t ready yet, but who knows? Hindsight is a bastard. What power did he actually have? Players don’t listen to him, he couldn’t sign new players. He couldn’t get the coaches he wanted because he was an interim. Likes of murtough undermining him by telling lingard he can have time off and not telling ralf

His time at United has been shit and I do agree I don’t think he should stay on for that %@#$&! consultants. Mainly because he can’t do a thing unless he’s involved in the day to day dealing and ten hag should be able to do that like you said .

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
130 million on Wan Bissaka and Maguire.

Sometimes you have to just say it to believe it; but Rangnick was supposed to get a tune out of them by giving some inspirational team talk.

Shocking.
Inspirational team talk

Yep, that’s literally the only tactic at a managers disposal. Forget training, preparation, line-ups, tactics, subs, in-game management etc. We just expected him to be better at the team talks

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
An absolute #@&%! and the total epitome of Manchester United in the current age

May as well have stuck with ole - and no one can argue with that based on these results
You £#%&!ing What? His last result was getting @#%&!ted 4-1 by watford who never won another home game all season.

Ok if you think ralf wasn't the answer but keeping Ole certainly £#%&!ing wasn't. Some seriously short memories.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Well he’s not going to be manager anymore, so why not have him in a role where he’s shown a solid track record? Managing a national team isn’t as time consuming as managing a club team and Austria are obviously fine with it. I’d cut ties with three quarters of our squad before him.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Inspirational team talk

Yep, that’s literally the only tactic at a managers disposal. Forget training, preparation, line-ups, tactics, subs, in-game management etc. We just expected him to be better at the team talks
But if the players don’t listen and follow instructions ? It’s so blatantly obvious they’re phoning it in. Half arsing it, with a shot attitude. No amount of shitty opta analytics will account for playing half arsed.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:23 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Inspirational team talk

If you think that Ragnick’s tactics were the problem mate you know less about football than I thought.

What tactics covers balls longer than ten yards? What tactics covers watching centre backs play the ball out at their leisure? What tactics cover the decision Fernandes made today? Which of his tactics are causing this chronic cowardice? Sometimes players just won’t, or can’t, do what a manager instructs them to.

These things over and over again cost matches which cost seasons.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:26 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
If you think that Ragnick’s tactics were the problem mate you know less about football than I thought.

What tactics covers balls longer than ten yards? What tactics covers watching centre backs play the ball out at their leisure? What tactics cover the decision Fernandes made today? Which of his tactics are causing this chronic cowardice?

These things over and over again cost matches which cost seasons.
no amount of pressing or training drills can cover our midfielders not being able to pass . Or players losing 50/50s. Not not running enough to cover the ground .

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
But if the players don’t listen and follow instructions ? It’s so blatantly obvious they’re phoning it in. Half arsing it, with a shot attitude. No amount of shitty opta analytics will account for playing half arsed.
He made us a lot harder to break down when he first came in and we started to play a little better. Draws more than wins tbf but as soon as we lost to Everton our arse fell out and things have gone from bad to worse.

The longer it went on you could tell the players didn’t like him/his style/ methods etc. these @#%&!s threw their mate Ole under the bus so there was no way they were going to take some new bloke coming in and calling them out for their BS.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
no amount of pressing or training drills can cover our midfielders not being able to pass . Or players losing 50/50s. Not not running enough to cover the ground .
Correct…basics.

The man’s been trying to tell us every single £#%&!ing press conference, but when you have an agenda you have an agenda.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:32 PM
Hyman_Roth

His job was surely to consolidate and motivate a sorry bunch of @#%&!s. Build bridges in the dressing room, deal with player politics, motivate them in training, pick players and teams that were logical - not Phil Jones and players that publicly wanted out.

Everyone knew he wasn’t going to given a budget. No one had any real expectations either. He had zero pressure. But he’s somehow managed to make us look the worst I’ve seen us in 40 odd years of watching united.

It can be done - ole did it - I admit it was tougher this time because the players were on their arses confidence wise before he arrived.

But he’s made us 100% worse ffs. All the things he could have done, he hasn’t. All the things that could go to shit, have done.

And there are people on here delighted because he might or might not have written a £#%&!ing dossier. Some absolute weird @#%&!s on here.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:32 PM
AK14

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:33 PM
Sharders

Absolutely nothing to do with Managers. 4 or 5 very decent managers with different approaches prove it's the players. Player attitudes and character are pathetic, simple as that. They can't hack it, Instagram generation. The only player who gives a shit is Ronaldo, from the proper generation. Change the recruitment process to get players with the right attitude.

ETH will just be the next casualty.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:34 PM
20LEgend1999

Nice bit of closure having the airpods mystery resolved

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:36 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
The problem is, the man’s being judged as a manager when it’s spurious to even include that mantle in his job title. Stop gap patsy would have been a better job description.
The united board thought the squad was great and things would click once Ole was sacked. Rangnick has shown them the problems run deeper than that. It’s great for ten hag, as it should change the board’s approach. It’s even better that he doesn’t have to spend 6 months working with the players, as rangnick has done the job for him.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:36 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharders
Absolutely nothing to do with Managers. 4 or 5 very decent managers with different approaches prove it's the players. Player attitudes and character are pathetic, simple as that. They can't hack it, Instagram generation. The only player who gives a shit is Ronaldo, from the proper generation. Change the recruitment process to get players with the right attitude.

ETH will just be the next casualty.
So Bruno’s a shit player who will never hack it in the prem despite him leading us to 2nd the year before.

Mmmk.

Unread 22-05-2022, 07:37 PM
Bunker Buster

From Moscow to the air pods

Get these guys out if the club ....

He's the biggest fraud in football, he's blagged the biggest job in English football ...

Bet he's not even wrote this explosive dossier, some guy in Kabul with a stream....
Closed Thread