United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:11 PM
no fun

Default When the dust settles.....will you really be able to give up going to United?

Can’t do polls I’m afraid, but been thinking.......is this now the final straw?

I’m leaning towards “been to my last game” but think I will waver when it comes to the crunch

Anyone deffo calling it a day?

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:14 PM
Jethro

No. It's a 38 year long relationship with the highest of highs and the weirdest of lows. I'd end up stalking results and news like some spurned lover.

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:15 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
No. It's a 38 year long relationship with the highest of highs and the weirdest of lows. I'd end up stalking results and news like some spurned lover.
Oh for sure I would still watch on telly....talking about attending games

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:16 PM
tatty

I can't get too worked up about what is happening, it's a sad but inevitable outcome of post-1992 football.

As for watching United i've been on a gradual decline of interest from around 1999...prior to that I was obsessed.

If i've watched 5 full games over the last 3 seasons i'd be surprised.

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:16 PM
92ToBury

I called it a day as a ST holder when the gimps arrived. I still go occasionally and probably won't change that. Don't want to line their pockets any more than necessary but wouldn't want to never go again.

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Will never set foot inside again if it's a super League ...will attend any protests ..

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Oh for sure I would still watch on telly....talking about attending games
Oh yeah. £#%&! that. I don't now

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Patty_b

Will probably keep an eye on results, couldn't take it seriously or get remotely excited about it though.

Probably just got watch Chorley instead.

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:22 PM
jem

if everyone had agreed not to go before the @#%&!s took over, there would have been no takeover.

firstly, there is no way the stadium will be empty, because people are stupid, short-sighted, selfish @#%&!s... and even this won't shake them.

secondly, the core audience is not match-going fans. they couldn't give a £#%&! about you.

if it wasn't bad enough that the whole idea stinks, it will also be shit for united, because there is no way the @#%&!s are investing "more".

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:23 PM
dunk

Things change, it’s the only constant in life, football had to/has to change at some point, going to be difficult to give up United..

That said, it’s been getting boring anyway, this and the CL proposals just look like increasing the boredom and over saturating it anyway. It’s been £#%&!ing brutal trying to keep up with Covid football as it is we don’t need more ffs.

If they went the way of other sports in properly increasing rules to make it competitive and interesting I’d be all over it, not this though.

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:27 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Will never set foot inside again if it's a super League ...will attend any protests ..
What if the SL provides some decent theme music - the stadium lights down really low on a crisp cold November night? Fans, camera phones in hand the only light in the stadium, chants of ‘who are you?’ Swelling from the Stretford end west quadrant thingy, waiting for the lights to come up before Real Madrid and United enter the pitch for the 5th time that season.

The tannoy shouting up ‘Old Trafford, sponsored by bet Fred, this is the theatre of dreams, this is the hone of responsible gambling, this is the Super League.....’

Already have goose bumps

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:29 PM
puressence

Hoping someone gives up the season tickets so I can go again

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:33 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
What if the SL provides some decent theme music - the stadium lights down really low on a crisp cold November night? Fans, camera phones in hand the only light in the stadium, chants of ‘who are you?’ Swelling from the Stretford end west quadrant thingy, waiting for the lights to come up before Real Madrid and United enter the pitch for the 5th time that season.

The tannoy shouting up ‘Old Trafford, sponsored by bet Fred, this is the theatre of dreams, this is the hone of responsible gambling, this is the Super League.....’

Already have goose bumps

Just had a thought.......I might put the money aside from each game and just attend one game season but on a VIP package......3 course scran, Clayton Blackmore sat at my table, cheese and biscuits at HT, free match programme

Would need to purchase a decent pair of slacks but I think my minds made up

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:35 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Just had a thought.......I might put the money aside from each game and just attend one game season but on a VIP package......3 course scran, Clayton Blackmore sat at my table, cheese and biscuits at HT, free match programme

Hope you're sat down, Greenwood's folded two years ago.

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:38 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Hope you're sat down, Greenwood's folded two years ago.
Oh ffs

Slaters it is then

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:42 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:

When we play Juve, they may have a former player from the opposition doing the corporate gig alongside Clayton. Imagine if it was Fabrizio, you and him have never been seen in the same room at the same time

Unread 19-04-2021, 04:45 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
When we play Juve, they may have a former player from the opposition doing the corporate gig alongside Clayton. Imagine if it was Fabrizio, you and him have never been seen in the same room at the same time
You can £#%&! right off

Last time you were at OT that @#%&! with the Jesus banner was stood next to the Pink final van

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:15 PM
Sparky***

I gave up about 13 years ago mate

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:19 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
You can f*** right off

Last time you were at OT that c*** with the Jesus banner was stood next to the Pink final van
Wrong, I have actually been twice since the millennium

Unread 19-04-2021, 05:19 PM
History

I think it would actually be the end for me the longer I've thought about it today.

I'd have to wait until that moment to see if I actually had the bottle to jump. Gut feeling today is, yes absolutely
Closed Thread