United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2021, 11:16 PM
AK14

Unread 19-04-2021, 11:18 PM
lenin

What’s the reaction been like to this in Spain and Italy? Is it one of these things that we English get wound up about while Johnny Foreigner doesn’t give a £#%&!?

Unread 19-04-2021, 11:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
What’s the reaction been like to this in Spain and Italy? Is it one of these things that we English get wound up about while Johnny Foreigner doesn’t give a £#%&!?
oh no. It's universal

Unread 19-04-2021, 11:19 PM
AK14

Klopp confirms he won’t rock the boat and quit over the ESL in his post match presser.

Unread 19-04-2021, 11:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Klopp confirms he won’t rock the boat and quit over the ESL in his post match presser.
I'd like to know where he got the notion

Unread 19-04-2021, 11:31 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
oh no. It's universal
It’s not really

The reaction in Spain is mild by comparison
https://www.theguardian.com/football...poker-sid-lowe

Germany is the same as England
Italy is a bit between England and Spain

Unread 19-04-2021, 11:34 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This has been on the way for a while, businesses don’t like uncertainty in terms of revenue streams but City and PSG have had a major hand j in causing this, inflating transfer fee levels to utterly insane levels, not just in one off transactions but in number. The demands of the fans of the clubs involved for hundreds of millions to be spent each summer is unmanageable, particularly if there’s a risk attached to it. For instance, imagine we committed to the £3-400m for Haaland over the next 5 years, only to have a Liverpool of a season and finish 7th, absolutely £#%&!ed financially and looking down the barrel of several years to put it right. That’s something we’re in the midst of, Barca, Madrid, Inter, Arsenal and Spurs are on the cusp of and Milan and Liverpool have frequent, painful experience of.

Can only think City and Chelsea, although they had a couple of years out of the CL, are trying to get out from under FFP.

They’re going about it the wrong way, instead of bringing prices and wages down, they’re continuing the trend of inflation, but trying to guarantee the money to compete. They still want to be seen to be making huge transfers, as it’s good for business and marketing, but they want to be able to realise the profits on their investments. If we bought Haaland, next season United could reasonably say our viewing figures are miles more than for any other club due to everyone wanting to watch Haaland and as a result should receive TV/Ad revenue that properly represents the product United are bringing to the screen rather than a similar amount that Norwich or Trabzonspor will receive, for instance.

Can sort of see their point. UEFA and the PL want these 12 clubs in their competitions and want them signing and fielding the best players in the World so their competitions can be marketed on the back of these clubs/players and can they thrive and profit from it. They certainly didn’t chuck us any additional money for bringing Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Di Maria etc. to the club and competitions, despite the interest it generated and money it undoubtably made them, when it all went horribly wrong and cost the club fortunes to sort out.

By removing UEFA they can remove the cut they take and realise a greater profit for their product, ostensibly to allow further investment, but in reality to line their pockets rather than the corrupt @#%&!s in charge of UEFA. Once UEFA are marginalised, they can further squeeze the PL for greater split/control of the TV money here, as at that point all the best players will only play for the 12-15 clubs and the leagues will be utterly dependent on them and have to accede to their demands.

Lots of talk about Covid losses, and that’s fair enough. Obviously it’s difficult for the clubs to cost cut when players are on multiple years deals on ridiculous sums, but surely the reality is you have to sell your players to generate funds and get the contracts off your books, even if it’s at a lower fee than you’d like? If they all did that then the transfer market would deflate, wages would come down etc. Problem there is the likes of PSG and City who have no money concerns and could properly blow the rest out of the water; that and player and agents refusing to take pay cuts or pay offs to move and demanding massive wages to move. It’s a £#%&!ing mess.

Can only hope that this announcement is the catalyst to finding a way to sort the whole shitshow out.

TLR, NRAT etc.
Great post and I agree. I honestly feel like the city PSG thing has driven a lot of this and it’s borne out of a inflationary greed that they’ve not necessarily created, but have made far far worse. Other clubs have to adapt to economic and sporting situations around them like the pandemic. City don’t,. Everything is irrelevant. For them to side step any type of condemnation by euefa is a £#%&!ing disgrace and should be enough on its own to bring the whole shit show down. Why they’re involved with this is a bit odd imv

Unread 19-04-2021, 11:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Great post and I agree. I honestly feel like the city PSG thing has driven a lot of this and it’s borne out of a inflationary greed that they’ve not necessarily created, but have made far far worse. Other clubs have to adapt to economic and sporting situations around them like the pandemic. City don’t,. Everything is irrelevant. For them to side step any type of condemnation by euefa is a £#%&!ing disgrace and should be enough on its own to bring the whole shit show down. Why they’re involved with this is a bit odd imv
Listening to what Perez has just said the driving factor behind this is desperation. Madrid and Barcelona are financially £#%&!ed. United also have their own debt issues to worry about. Inter and AC Milan are in dire straits financially. Inter still owe us 40 million for lukaku. This has been brought forward and hastened by the pandemic. I think City and Chelsea are just along because they don't want to be left out.

The players are not happy at all

Unread 20-04-2021, 12:17 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Listening to what Perez has just said the driving factor behind this is desperation. Madrid and Barcelona are financially £#%&!ed. United also have their own debt issues to worry about. Inter and AC Milan are in dire straits financially. Inter still owe us 40 million for lukaku. This has been brought forward and hastened by the pandemic. I think City and Chelsea are just along because they don't want to be left out.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...39326121259020
Well Madrid can get £#%&!ed. They started the mental transfer fees, that Chelsea and City then exacerbated, with their Galacticos nonsense.

Basically pissing their pants now the Spanish government can't bail them out anymore.

Unread 20-04-2021, 12:20 AM
ZiggyStardust

Reading the quotes of that Perez interview
What a car crash of an interview when you actually make yourself look like a caricature of a Bond villain

Stuff like we’ll maybe let Roma and Napoli in for a season as if they should be happy to accept these crumbs from the club

£#%&! Perez
£#%&! everyone involved in this

Unread 20-04-2021, 12:42 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah post match interview.

https://twitter.com/sporf/status/138...423708161?s=21

What a massive b*****d
Those last 20 seconds, I'm surprised he didn't end up saying "I'm just following orders"

Unread 20-04-2021, 03:23 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Listening to what Perez has just said the driving factor behind this is desperation. Madrid and Barcelona are financially f***ed. United also have their own debt issues to worry about. Inter and AC Milan are in dire straits financially. Inter still owe us 40 million for lukaku. This has been brought forward and hastened by the pandemic. I think City and Chelsea are just along because they don't want to be left out.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...39326121259020
I feel sorry for our players that this has happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Those last 20 seconds, I'm surprised he didn't end up saying "I'm just following orders"
He is following orders, and they come from his own deluded mind.

Unread 20-04-2021, 05:32 AM
doudou

Pérez: Listen, listen. It's not pyramid selling, it's... network... marketing and it's a guaranteed money making... I've seen the, the charts!

(Cue Ed Woodward with his whiteboard and PowerPoint)

Unread 20-04-2021, 06:58 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Pérez: Listen, listen. It's not pyramid selling, it's... network... marketing and it's a guaranteed money making... I've seen the, the charts!

(Cue Ed Woodward with his whiteboard and PowerPoint)
Monoraillllll.....

Unread 20-04-2021, 07:25 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Well Madrid can get £#%&!ed. They started the mental transfer fees, that Chelsea and City then exacerbated, with their Galacticos nonsense.

Basically pissing their pants now the Spanish government can't bail them out anymore.
yup. they have always been evil.

unfortunately, the same is true of fifa and uefa. threatening to ban players from world cups in.... er.... qatar and russia.

ban the owners.

Unread 20-04-2021, 08:16 AM
no fun

Almost everyone on this thread is against the super league

So is James Corden

It’s a tough call being on his side

Unread 20-04-2021, 08:32 AM
doudou

James Corden :£#%&!er: how that fat talentless @#%&! has a career I'll never know. If he and Piers Moron tell us anything it's that when you're too shit for UK television you can always get a gig with the Yanks.

Bit like getting relegated to the Beazer Homes league I suppose

Unread 20-04-2021, 08:42 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
James Corden :£#%&!er: how that fat talentless @#%&! has a career I'll never know. If he and Piers Moron tell us anything it's that when you're too shit for UK television you can always get a gig with the Yanks.

Bit like getting relegated to the Beazer Homes league I suppose
More like leaving for the super league imo

Unread 20-04-2021, 08:52 AM
Big Norm

"We can't run our businesses successfully under the existing marketing system ".

Fine, sell it and £#%&! off then.

Unread 20-04-2021, 08:55 AM
waynes ear's

Closed Thread