less international friendlies.

f*** knows if it’ll work but i enjoyed that set up 25 years ago :d
How about yes?

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:04 PM
Coracao

Barely arsed about missing a game on TV these days tbf

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:34 PM
red in cumbria

If this goes through, then I may still "support" United - but will no longer actually care about them.

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:46 PM
TravellingRed

Not been to old trafford since 2016 and even then it was a rare event, the last game I went to was the FA Cup when Van Gaal got canned. At the minute I think I'd struggle to get less arsed.

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:58 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
Not been to old trafford since 2016 and even then it was a rare event, the last game I went to was the FA Cup when Van Gaal got canned. At the minute I think I'd struggle to get less arsed.
Maybe the thread started on a false premise. This is all about the Americans turning football into global “entertainment” creating a forever laying golden goose for them. Kickoffs for “home matches” will not be in our time zone or locality. 29 minutes on the met to OT is great, but that won’t help when we are palying Madrid at home in Texas or Seoul.

Unread 19-04-2021, 09:06 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
If this goes through, then I may still "support" United - but will no longer actually care about them.
what if we sign a tranny teenager?

Unread 19-04-2021, 09:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey View Post
Why? Why does it need to change? VAR is a kick in the teeth that would get voted out if they had the nerve to put it up. This isnt change it's greed, pure and simple. Greed.
Because everything changes, it’s dull as it is and heavily favours the rich few. It needs to change in the opposite way to either proposal though..

Unread 19-04-2021, 09:31 PM
tatty

The club would be delighted to see the back of the hardcore fans who are likely to protest against this.

'Once a season' day trippers laden with superstore bags and meekly sitting for 90 minutes are the dream audience.

Unread 19-04-2021, 09:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
The club would be delighted to see the back of the hardcore fans who are likely to protest against this.

'Once a season' day trippers laden with superstore bags and meekly sitting for 90 minutes are the dream audience.
The allegiance and supporting of a team as we know it is being eaten away, has been for a while, soon it’ll be like the NBA; a small % of hardcore fans and then skippers who jump from club to club following success/superstars. They want to see Mbappe & Neymar vs. Haaland & Sterling or whatever every week so they can meme and gif it and talk shite on Twitter before trying to emulate the tricks while abusing some young kid in a small town online playing FIFA23. w****rs to a man.

The game is dying before our eyes. Stat w****rs, VAR, social media, saturation and greed

Unread 20-04-2021, 09:08 AM
Swagger

I'd watch us play Real Madrid every week if I had to.