less international friendlies.

£#%&! knows if it’ll work but i enjoyed that set up 25 years ago
How about yes?

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:04 PM
Coracao

Barely arsed about missing a game on TV these days tbf

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:34 PM
red in cumbria

If this goes through, then I may still "support" United - but will no longer actually care about them.

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:46 PM
TravellingRed

Not been to old trafford since 2016 and even then it was a rare event, the last game I went to was the FA Cup when Van Gaal got canned. At the minute I think I'd struggle to get less arsed.

Unread 19-04-2021, 07:58 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Not been to old trafford since 2016 and even then it was a rare event, the last game I went to was the FA Cup when Van Gaal got canned. At the minute I think I'd struggle to get less arsed.
Maybe the thread started on a false premise. This is all about the Americans turning football into global “entertainment” creating a forever laying golden goose for them. Kickoffs for “home matches” will not be in our time zone or locality. 29 minutes on the met to OT is great, but that won’t help when we are palying Madrid at home in Texas or Seoul.

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Why? Why does it need to change? VAR is a kick in the teeth that would get voted out if they had the nerve to put it up. This isnt change it's greed, pure and simple. Greed.
Because everything changes, it’s dull as it is and heavily favours the rich few. It needs to change in the opposite way to either proposal though..

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:31 PM
tatty

The club would be delighted to see the back of the hardcore fans who are likely to protest against this.

'Once a season' day trippers laden with superstore bags and meekly sitting for 90 minutes are the dream audience.

Unread 19-04-2021, 08:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
The club would be delighted to see the back of the hardcore fans who are likely to protest against this.

'Once a season' day trippers laden with superstore bags and meekly sitting for 90 minutes are the dream audience.
The allegiance and supporting of a team as we know it is being eaten away, has been for a while, soon it’ll be like the NBA; a small % of hardcore fans and then skippers who jump from club to club following success/superstars. They want to see Mbappe & Neymar vs. Haaland & Sterling or whatever every week so they can meme and gif it and talk shite on Twitter before trying to emulate the tricks while abusing some young kid in a small town online playing FIFA23. £#%&!ers to a man.

The game is dying before our eyes. Stat £#%&!ers, VAR, social media, saturation and greed

Unread 20-04-2021, 08:08 AM
Swagger

I'd watch us play Real Madrid every week if I had to.

Unread 20-04-2021, 08:09 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
One was the Stones?
Hadn’t included that. 3 then.

Unread 20-04-2021, 12:46 PM
saffers

Quote:
Can’t do polls I’m afraid, but been thinking.......is this now the final straw?

I’m leaning towards “been to my last game” but think I will waver when it comes to the crunch

Anyone deffo calling it a day?
I am done.

I have not watched a game since our first leg v Granada.

Very easy to not continue now. £#%&! them.

Unread 20-04-2021, 12:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I am done.

I have not watched a game since our first leg v Granada.

Very easy to not continue now. £#%&! them.

Unread 20-04-2021, 01:01 PM
stax

Quote:
Can’t do polls I’m afraid, but been thinking.......is this now the final straw?

I’m leaning towards “been to my last game” but think I will waver when it comes to the crunch

Anyone deffo calling it a day?
I'm done with it. Just cancelled my membership in a fit of pique. F*** the greedy @#%&!s.

Unread 20-04-2021, 01:04 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
I'm done with it. Just cancelled my membership in a fit of pique. £#%&! the greedy @#%&!s.
Respect.

Use the time spent watching United to further improve the world we live in. Volunteer in charity organisations. Read more books, learn a new language.

Sport was always a distraction to keep us in line.

The fightback begins now.

Unread 20-04-2021, 01:04 PM
Dr Stranger

VAR, Covid, this and generally having bigger priorities in life will see my interest dwindle, I’m sure. I can detach myself from it now quite easily whereas it would dominate my whole mood for a week when I was younger.

I’ll still dip and out because it’s my club and I love them, but I’ve ‘peaked’ with football and the way it’s going only makes it easier to move it down the priorities.

Unread 20-04-2021, 01:07 PM
NedKelly

I’ve realised I care more about this forum than football itself right now.

Unread 20-04-2021, 01:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’ve realised I care more about this forum than football itself right now.

Right!

Pissing me off the way every man and his dog is saying this will be the death of the game when the game is long gone anyway.

City pumping millions and millions of state money in while laughing in the face of the governing bodies and being lauded by the talking heads on tv.

Glazers syphoning money out of United with out a care for the best part of 15 years...

It can all get £#%&!ed imo.

Unread 20-04-2021, 01:45 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Right!

Pissing me off the way every man and his dog is saying this will be the death of the game when the game is long gone anyway.

City pumping millions and millions of state money in while laughing in the face of the governing bodies and being lauded by the talking heads on tv.

Glazers syphoning money out of United with out a care for the best part of 15 years...

It can all get £#%&!ed imo.
Yup, the super league might be disgusting but the status quo and the general direction of football isn't far behind. It's actually a relief that that Glazers are now a football problem and not just a United one. Don't care if it's petty, the mental gymnastics required to have previously condemned United fans/praised the Glazers and now having the nerve to complain about those parasites is something to behold.

Unread 20-04-2021, 01:49 PM
sweetleftfoot

The lockdown empty stadia etc has seen my interest wane, and watching these Glazer nutsacs destroying our history seems like a final straw to me. My Dad has had his ST for 50+ years and messaged me last night saying this has finished him.

I still buzz watching us come from behind to win, love to see Rashford/Bruno/Greenwood producing magic on Sunday, but I just dont care as much.

The whole Super League thing is very raw, but present day football is built on the 150 odd years of history it has behind it. To try to erase that for money in the name of Manchester United has sickened me.

Unread 20-04-2021, 03:33 PM
tatty

And we are the ring leaders.
Closed Thread