United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 19-04-2021, 08:41 PM
ScarFace
 
Default

Have sky forgot they tried to do ppv during corona?
 
Unread 19-04-2021, 08:41 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
That wasn't Simon Jordan?
Bloke called Parish, apparently.
 
Unread 19-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Yeah, work together, you tin pot pricks



That's true, I mean everyone at FC just forgot about that and moved on.

I agree in principle though - time to move on and get behind protesting this shit.

It's just galling, that's all. Neville was scathing about boycotts in 2005 and is now acting like he knew all along.
As a player what could g nev do in 2005? Genuine question not defending him.

Players are employees at the end of the day. Talk and protest against owners and youíd be shipped out. No other team with self respect will sign you up because as an owner you donít want a player with a track record of going against the grain.

I suppose you could say from a principle point of view but nobody in their right mind whilst playing for Utd would give it all up. Especially if you didnít know the ins and outs. Footballers are thick as pig shit.
 
Unread 19-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
As a player what could g nev do in 2005? Genuine question not defending him.

Players are employees at the end of the day. Talk and protest against owners and youíd be shipped out. No other team with self respect will sign you up because as an owner you donít want a player with a track record of going against the grain.

I suppose you could say from a principle point of view but nobody in their right mind whilst playing for Utd would give it all up. Especially if you didnít know the ins and outs. Footballers are thick as pig shit.
You serious?
Look how many utter f***ing head the ball players have made a living of going to a club, going out of control & then off to do the same thing at a new club.
 
Unread 19-04-2021, 08:52 PM
Zorg
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
As a player what could g nev do in 2005? Genuine question not defending him.

Players are employees at the end of the day. Talk and protest against owners and youíd be shipped out. No other team with self respect will sign you up because as an owner you donít want a player with a track record of going against the grain.

I suppose you could say from a principle point of view but nobody in their right mind whilst playing for Utd would give it all up. Especially if you didnít know the ins and outs. Footballers are thick as pig shit.
I never expected him to do anything except simply not criticise those who protested. He was very dismissive as I recall. Could have simply not said anything.

As recently as 2019 he said

ďOwners donít leave clubs unless they want to or are being hurt commercially. A bit of noise on here isnít going to do a jot! Itís like a fly attacking an elephant!Ē

It's great he's seen the light but I won't be taking any lessons from him about what fans should do.
 
Unread 19-04-2021, 08:58 PM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
You serious?
Look how many utter f***ing head the ball players have made a living of going to a club, going out of control & then off to do the same thing at a new club.
Thereís one thing that pogba and his agent does and talks of ďa new challengeĒ or some dream to play for another club bullshit. To actively come out and say owners are not fit is another.

Donít think it would have made a blind but of difference because in a couple of seasons we were winning league titles .

I suppose he could have come out, as could any of the others. But like I said there was no social media , media scrutiny wasnít as intense. Unless you actively dived deeper into the forums and news articles you wouldnít know too much about it. Even if you do. What footballer would ever do that?

Iím not defending him, just think him coming out wouldnít have done much . I do believe however once he got the sky sports gig he could have been much more vocal. He can take blame for that .whilst he was a player at the club, not so much.

Edit just read a post above, if g nev was against boycotts in 2005 and such then he has been a bastard and itís fair game
 
Unread 19-04-2021, 09:16 PM
lenin
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
Have sky forgot they tried to do ppv during corona?
It was the PL themselves rather than Sky. I believe both Sky and BT were actually against it and lost money on it
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Monday night football meltdown
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monday night football 08.03.21 Time For Heroes Football 45 09-03-2021 04:28 PM
Monday Night Football 19/10 ScarFace Football 48 20-10-2015 04:46 PM
Monday night football 5/05 thenorthwillriseagain Football 620 13-08-2015 04:11 PM
Kin Monday night football wonky no Football 5 17-10-2014 09:00 AM
Monday Night Football Wez Football 52 13-01-2014 11:01 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.