Unread 19-04-2021, 07:40 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What’s up with his ear?

Edit: nvm, it’s his earpiece.

Unread 30-04-2021, 10:28 PM
armchair

gone quiet this thread. was fantastic last night. that position on the left suits him so much.

maybe some people are only interested in when he plays badly?

Unread 30-04-2021, 10:47 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
gone quiet this thread. was fantastic last night. that position on the left suits him so much.

Unread 30-04-2021, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

He did give a penalty away, people would usually have mentioned that. But its almost as if we forgot

Unread 01-05-2021, 10:31 AM
Dr Stranger

I don’t really have an issue with the penalty. His arms were high, but he was trying to track back and make an effort, so it wasn’t like the daft ones where he’s trying to cover his valuable face. It was a pen, but he was also unlucky.

This is the most consistent he’s been for us since he got here, for sure. And he’s much better higher up.

Unread 01-05-2021, 11:55 AM
dunk

Just keep him out of our defensive third ffs he’s responsible for 4 of the last 5 pens we’ve conceded at OT

Now he’s fit again, he looks back to his imperious self on the ball when we’re attacking. He got a lot of shit on here for faking being injured, but clearly not been fit since the home leg of the OSG game in Ole’s first season imo. Finally got back to something like his old self in about December this year. Been a different player ever since, he relies on the strength, balance and burst of acceleration over the first 2 or 3 yards to give him the space to do what he’s best at, when he isn’t fully fit those attributes all suffer and he can look stupid, and did a lot of the time. Great to see him fit again, I’m sure Madrid will love him.

Unread 01-05-2021, 11:59 AM
armchair

Unread 01-05-2021, 12:27 PM
utd99

It’s a conundrum for sure. He’s been playing well recently, and it would be interesting to see how this team could develop with the quality of Bruno, Cavani and Pogba at it’s core, especially if Ole wants to draft more young players in. But 90 million is a hell of a write off if his plan is to leave on free agency next Summer, and we’ve seen the wisdom of giving superstars with questionable attitudes like Sanchez, Ozil and Aubameyang bumper contracts only for them to become financial strait jackets.

Unread 01-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s a conundrum for sure. He’s been playing well recently, and it would be interesting to see how this team could develop with the quality of Bruno, Cavani and Pogba at it’s core, especially if Ole wants to draft more young players in. But 90 million is a hell of a write off if his plan is to leave on free agency next Summer, and we’ve seen the wisdom of giving superstars with questionable attitudes like Sanchez, Ozil and Aubameyang bumper contracts only for them to become financial strait jackets.
Do we not have the option of an extra year? It's standard practice for the club so I'd be very surprised if we didn't.

Unread 01-05-2021, 12:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Do we not have the option of an extra year? It's standard practice for the club so I'd be very surprised if we didn't.
The extra year is next season I think.

Unread 01-05-2021, 12:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Next year is the extra year I believe.

Unread 09-05-2021, 04:06 PM
andyroo

Pogsceptics (of which I am frequently one) have to acknowledge today. He was excellent.

Unread 09-05-2021, 04:19 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, didn't embarrass himself at all (which he can do even when he has a generally good game)

Unread 09-05-2021, 04:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Without doubt his most consistent spell for us.

Unread 09-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Pogsceptics (of which I am frequently one) have to acknowledge today. He was excellent.
He has been playing well at the turn of the near year. Means sweet fa if he wants a new challenge

Got a sneaky feeling raiola tried putting feeling out there and realised we are the only club who can afford his wages

Unread 09-05-2021, 06:49 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yep, he’s been excellent since he came back and we missed him massively when he was injured/wanted some time off.

I still dislike him for the tsunami of shit he’s created but I also hope we can persuade him to stay.

Unread 09-05-2021, 07:04 PM
armchair

He's only truly happy in one position. So much time wasted by managers thinking he was something he's not or trying to change him.

Unread 09-05-2021, 07:41 PM
AK14

He was decent

Kept dithering and giving the ball away first half

Second half was much better and did well to win the penalty, nothing much after that though tbf.

6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Got a sneaky feeling raiola tried putting feeling out there and realised we are the only club who would put up with his shit and inconsistent form while also allowing him to spend Christmas in Dubai
Agree.
Closed Thread