United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2021, 06:02 PM
red in cumbria

One game at a time. Still

Leeds will be desperate to beat us anyway (that goes without saying) but ending our unbeaten away run in the league will be added incentive.

Unread 18-04-2021, 09:47 PM
Zorg

Can’t see it. But nevoh say nevoh

Unread 18-04-2021, 09:50 PM
20LEgend1999

Are they playing with the offside rule on this time? Might make it a bit trickier for them to break Villa down if so.

Either way, this is the most ON it has been since we last won it.

Unread 18-04-2021, 09:55 PM
tatty

Possible but it would be the most unlikely chase since I don't know when.

Unread 18-04-2021, 10:02 PM
n48

It's in the bag.

Unread 18-04-2021, 10:34 PM
Vida_15

we won't catch them but it's great how hard these guys are still pushing in the league

Unread 18-04-2021, 10:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Such a shame because I could honestly see city shitting the bed if we were just 3 points closer than we are currently. Losing to a now relegated sheff united in jan was the nail in our coffin - our loss of form around that time gave the berts impetus and belief.

Think we’ll stutter on and retain 2nd which is a decent achievement. Be great if we could really push them but I can’t see us winning our next two games tbh.

Unread 18-04-2021, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Such a shame because I could honestly see city shitting the bed if we were just 3 points closer than we are currently. Losing to a now relegated sheff united in jan was the nail in our coffin - our loss of form around that time gave the berts impetus and belief.

Think we’ll stutter on and retain 2nd which is a decent achievement. Be great if we could really push them but I can’t see us winning our next two games tbh.
If we do, though.......

Unread 19-04-2021, 03:11 AM
MrBishi

Quote:

That serendipitous break they got at Christmas was the turning point

Unread 20-04-2021, 07:33 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

If they lose tomorrow, it's on...

Unread 20-04-2021, 08:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
That serendipitous break they got at Christmas was the turning point
nope. a couple of weeks of dodgy officiating for them and us was the turning point.

that and pogba's absence.

Unread 20-04-2021, 07:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nope. a couple of weeks of dodgy officiating for them and us was the turning point.

that and pogba's absence.
No need to overdo it

Though yes, I do agree that their getting handed that late free gift against Villa was pretty pivotal.

Unread 09-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Sapien

Unread 09-05-2021, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Nah, city only need to win one more game and they will.

But even if we run them close, it will be an achievement. And make those Sheff Utd and Everton games all the more maddening.

Unread 09-05-2021, 05:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

But even if we run them close, it will be an achievement. And make those Sheff Utd and Everton games all the more maddening.
I said it a few weeks back, but it’s important to finish close; to actually look at it and see moments where we could have made it closer, rather than just being 30 points off and out of it by Christmas.

Finishing 2nd is progress, but more points, more goals, more wins etc all indicate progress too.

Unread 09-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Bunker Buster

No One likes to go the length of the country from Newcastle to Brighton, midweek late kick offs looking for 3 points...

Why not.

Still on AF

Unread 09-05-2021, 06:26 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

The Sheffield one and the West Brom for me more. Stupid referee decisions .

Unread 09-05-2021, 06:40 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The Sheffield one and the West Brom for me more. Stupid referee decisions .
Still find the loss to sheff united difficult to stomach. Wasn’t that their only away win all season and one of only 5 wins they’ve had?

Unread 09-05-2021, 06:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Still find the loss to sheff united difficult to stomach. Wasn’t that their only away win all season and one of only 5 wins they’ve had?
Yes. The most most ridiculous defeat of the season and we were awful. That second goal was the stuff of nightmares.

We didn’t handle being top very well at all. We need to be better front runners. In matches too.

Unread 09-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
during a season you're always going to lose 4-6 games if you're challenging for the league.

It's the draws that have killed us. 10 draws and 6 of them have been 0-0.
Closed Thread