United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Money

Unread 11-03-2021, 09:52 PM
armchair

Default Altcoins 2021

ears started the bitcoin thread and he made it clear he's a bitcoin maximalist so it would be rude to spam his thread with alts so here's a thread to talk about altcoins.

What alts are you into?

ETH is my main coin but bought into VET a few days ago. There's a couple of others I'm looking at but don't want to mention as they are small and any little hype could ruin them for me.

I was briefly in cosmos which is basically connecting blockchains but the more I looked into them the more they were a shit investment. Great project - just not a profitable one imo.

Cardano, Polkadot - I don't know much about. Mr.Ed on here is the first LINK billionaire afaik.

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:04 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295436

I'm with ears on this. Alt coins exist to steal your bitcoin. However, I am investing in some alts and mainly converting them back to bitcoin when the time is right.
Any tips... I've gone in hard on a certain alt coin as it seems to be doing well...

We need a tipsters forum and / or discussion forum for the alts. I agree - if that adds any weight to it. Probably not.

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:07 PM
armchair

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vechain/

trading at $.06 could hit a dollar. Research it a little. It's an internet of things coin and a lot of manufacturers are invested in it. Worth a tipple.

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:10 PM
Mr_Ed

I bought 130 chainlink in 2018 for a few modest quid and talk is they'll peak at $1,300 in 2030.

I've got about 180 at the moment so I'm sitting tight.

My other investments are Etherium, MIOTA, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Stellar Lumens, Nucypher, Verge, Cindicator, Reserve Rights, Basic Attention Seeker, Cardano.

Most of them are really small but I've got at least 100-1000 of each on the off chance. You never know.

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:11 PM
Switching Off

In order of value (BTC biggest):-

XRP
ETH
LTC
NEO
DOGE
XLM
MCO
IOTA
NXT
IGNIS

Spent some ETH on that Kings of Leon NFT last week. Maybe NFTs are a whole new thread though. But when doing it I read they are looking at some new protocols to reduce gas costs, which are f***ing ridiculous.

Edit, forgot I've got Chainlink and BCH on Coinbase too. That talk sounds interesting Ed, I only have a handful of Chainlink. Should I buy a shitload more?

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:14 PM
Why Don?

I have about 750 Masari, a fork of Monero. We were mining it in a pool and it seemed promising.

At the point I started thinking about selling it, it went up to around $2 per coin.

Before I could even start researching how to sell it, it tanked and is now worth around 3c a coin...admittedly more than the lowest point. I likely wouldn’t have sold it, even had I hit the very small window of this value.

I check the value every now and again just in case. Would be nice it had a resurgence.

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:20 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off View Post

XRP
ETH
LTC
NEO
DOGE
XLM
MCO
IOTA
NXT
IGNIS

Spent some ETH on that Kings of Leon NFT last week. Maybe NFTs are a whole new thread though. But when doing it I read they are looking at some new protocols to reduce gas costs, which are f***ing ridiculous.

Edit, forgot I've got Chainlink and BCH on Coinbase too. That talk sounds interesting Ed, I only have a handful of Chainlink. Should I buy a shitload more?
Sell all your doge. Honestly think nfts are another thread but if you are on kraken FLOW is a great call.

For me, 99% of nft is bs but some band sold nft where you owned the virtual item but it also gave you access to them on tour and other bonuses - and that mad a lot more sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don? View Post
I have about 750 Masari, a fork of Monero. We were mining it in a pool and it seemed promising.

At the point I started thinking about selling it, it went up to around $2 per coin.

Before I could even start researching how to sell it, it tanked and is now worth around 3c a coin...admittedly more than the lowest point. I likely wouldn’t have sold it, even had I hit the very small window of this value.

I check the value every now and again just in case. Would be nice it had a resurgence.
Is it a privacy coin? I think all privacy coins are pointless until after the fiat economy has collapsed. Right now they are suppressed.

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off View Post

XRP
ETH
LTC
NEO
DOGE
XLM
MCO
IOTA
NXT
IGNIS

From what I've read they're floating at £21.50 at the moment but are going get higher due to link being the best at what they do (forgive me, I've had a beer). I've researched all the potential prices of my coin but link feels like it has the most potential at the moment.

I'm also looking at MIOTA / IOTA but, as Armchair has just said, VECHAIN might be something to look at. Internet of things is going to be a sure fire winner given the society we'll all end up living in.

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:31 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Is it a privacy coin? I think all privacy coins are pointless until after the fiat economy has collapsed. Right now they are suppressed.
Yeah it is. Definitely holding it until the point I’m desperate for money.

Unread 11-03-2021, 10:32 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don? View Post
Yeah it is. Definitely holding it until the point I’m desperate for money.
The problem with privacy coins is they aren't on the exchanges and govt hate them even more than normal crypto.