United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 08-06-2023, 05:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’ll try.

I love Penn State Sour cream & chive pretzels. They’re the best. They’re like crack, highly addictive. Love them, I do.

Earlier this evening, down at the local Tesco, I went into the snacks aisle to get myself a bag. When I got to where they were, there was a wizened, rickety old man, a cross between Alex Higgins, just before he pegged it, and John Pertwee. Just before he pegged it. He only went and took the last bag of sour cream and chive, the jakey scarecrow-alike. I was gutted. Couldn’t believe they he’d managed to get my favourite savoury baked snack, ahead of me. There’s no way he was going to enjoy them as much as me.

C’est La vie, c’est la guerre, I thought to myself, but in English and, with a resigned shrug of the shoulders, I leant down and lifted a bag of original sea salted Penn State baked pretzels and made my way to the self checkout, behind the skinny tramp.

Unread 08-06-2023, 02:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Absolute bullshitter
At it again.

Unread 08-06-2023, 03:46 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Jimram can’t top the other investment’s being more lucrative unless he gives them more returns from the club ? £#%&!ing sure it won’t be from Ineos

Pendulums going East again

Unread 08-06-2023, 03:57 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If there's going to be a delay then it's probably going to happen with the Qatari bid. The Newcastle consortium failed the ownership test, and it got delayed while it went through the courts. If Newcastle's owners failed the test due to links to the Saudi state, there's a fair chance that A.I Qatari man might just struggle a tad. And although it'll go through ok in the courts because money, there's always the question of what happens if did all fall through.

Unread 08-06-2023, 04:29 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
If there's going to be a delay then it's probably going to happen with the Qatari bid. The Newcastle consortium failed the ownership test, and it got delayed while it went through the courts. If Newcastle's owners failed the test due to links to the Saudi state, there's a fair chance that A.I Qatari man might just struggle a tad. And although it'll go through ok in the courts because money, there's always the question of what happens if did all fall through.
The Saudis initially failed due to allowing dodgy PL streams in their country, i.e denying the PL cash, as soon as they stopped that, they got waived through, no-one gave a shit about human rights or bombing Yemen into the stone age.
Qatar would have no such problems.

Unread 08-06-2023, 04:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Unread 08-06-2023, 04:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
The Saudis initially failed due to allowing dodgy PL streams in their country, i.e denying the PL cash, as soon as they stopped that, they got waived through, no-one gave a shit about human rights or bombing Yemen into the stone age.
Qatar would have no such problems.
Reckon Qatar will end up like Tehran in the 70's after the take-over. Beehive hairdos, miniskirts and champagne fountains. And Adidas Gazelles. And Stone Roses t-shirts.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:00 PM
silv

Direct quote from Pop Bitch about our glorious new owner

Quote:
Finally there seems to be some movement on the Man Utd ownership saga, with reports that the Qataris have set a deadline of Friday to force the pace. One confirmed bidder for the club is Sir Jim Ratcliffe, current owner of OGC Nice in the French Ligue 1. Ratcliffe bought Nice in 2019 saying they would now be able to challenge PSG for supremacy, but that hasn't quite gone to plan.

Transfer policy for the past season at Nice has centred around purchasing some old Premier League stars: Kasper Schmeichel, Aaron Ramsey and Ross Barkley. Insiders at Nice say this wasn't a policy built on scouting or data, but because Sir Jim bought the club to enjoy being the owner. To become part of the scenery. To be a guy who can pop into the dressing room and chat with players after games, etc.

And because he doesn't speak any French, they had to buy in some well-known English players so he had someone he could talk to.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:11 PM
Sparky***

Tbf that sounds like total rubbish.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Direct quote from Pop Bitch about our glorious new owner
U wot m8

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:17 PM
tatty

Suggestions that the Qatari's have set the deadline for their final offer so they can exit the process on their terms.

Very, very dark days for the club if true.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
He was devastated apparently when he discovered he had bought a French football team in France, and not a biscuit factory. The language barrier that set in, however, has been swept away by intense and passionate one-to-ones with Ross Barkley.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:34 PM
silv

Quote:
Pop Bitch never lies.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:40 PM
Ethers

Ah yeah, those well known English players Kasper Schmeichel and Aaron Ramsey.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:49 PM
Stickman

Predict the month we’ll be sold.

I’ll go September.

Patty_b

Quote:
Not sure, Britians second wealthiest man, founder of a company worth £13bn and Partner to the Mercedes F1 team dropping a few billion on buying United just so he can have a chin-wag with Luke Shaw seems perfectly logical.

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

I’ll go September.
August.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:50 PM
geo100100

Reckon £3billion is good value for some English speaking mates

Unread 08-06-2023, 10:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman
predict the month we’ll be sold.

I’ll go september.
2024?

Unread 08-06-2023, 10:24 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

I’ll go September.
We aren't being sold.

It'll be a merger of the Glazers and Ratcliffe.