United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-12-2021, 08:04 PM
Ethers

Jesus, never seen Measly slapped down so scientifically before.

Back in your box pal.

Unread 26-12-2021, 08:06 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
The spike protein binds to the ace-2 receptor in endothelial cells. The heart has a lot of endothelial cells. When it binds you have a localised non specific immune response resulting in inflammation and these heart issues being discussed.

If you have the vaccine some protein will reach the heart and cause this.

If you have COVID, more virus/protein will escape the respiratory system and cause more of this response.

About 6x more.

So a footballer (and everyone) has two options.

1. Take the vaccine and risks the side effects.
2. Don't take the vaccine and risk catching COVID, with a risk factor of 6X of the first option.

I'd say the chance of not catching it is pretty low, so it's fairly dangerous.

It's likely exacerbated by footballers placing a lot of stress on the heart.

It's shit that this is happening but it's also shit that about 17.5 million people have died.

I'll try and remember to bookmark this for when I next have to explain the same £#%&!ing thing.....
Spot on.

You have to wonder why the eagerness to point the finger at the vaccine.

Covid is no joke. The numbers are there for all to see. Many of these guys in the footballing world refuse to get vaccinated due to this sort of propaganda and conspiracy theories.

Unread 26-12-2021, 08:11 PM
Sharders

Quote:
f***ing hell. That what I was saying? Really? Not that cardiac safety issues are the most prevalent safety paradigm tested for? Your knowledge of cardiac physiology is balanced by your lack of comprehensive skills.
Yanking ta chain dude. Chill.

Agree with what you're saying, just came across that you were spouting about a random cardiac channel for the sake of it, to exert some authority, rather than it being factually correct or in context. I just happen to know a lot about heart science having spent 12 years in cardiology, research (uni based post doc x 3, big pharma for 6 years) and have published or been co author on about 30 papers to do with the heart.

I no longer work in the industry, thankfully; I now have my own software company but keep up to date with science and research.

Take it easy.

Unread 26-12-2021, 08:14 PM
measlyshark

Fair enough. But it was in context, the context being, cardiac safety is taken extremely seriously by big (and small) pharma.

Good choice.

Unread 26-12-2021, 08:30 PM
redhegemony

Unread 26-12-2021, 09:02 PM
est.1878

Brutal from sharders. First the WiFi went down and now this. Needs to retreat and regroup imo

Unread 26-12-2021, 09:03 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Brutal from sharders. First the WiFi went down and now this. Needs to retreat and regroup imo
310 Mbps today. Read it and weep.

Unread 26-12-2021, 09:11 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 26-12-2021, 09:36 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Finally, somebody who knows what they are talking about rather than a speculative b*****d.

Get well soon.
I wouldn't go that far....although if I could go back I wish someone would have chirped in Boris's ear before he spouted the vaccine is our way out line (it might be if it doesn't mutate, but that's bloody unlikely).

It would have made my job on a local level a lot easier.

Symptoms certainly went from mild to shit I feel bad very quickly. Sore throat, pounding headache and breathing issues....touchwood over the worst of it now. Also think I've gone through caffeine withdrawal too since all this started, I drink a lot of it, but not a drop since testing positive. Probably not the best time to go cold turkey!! Back to tea I think.

Unread 26-12-2021, 09:41 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I wouldn't go that far....although if I could go back I wish someone would have chirped in Boris's ear before he spouted the vaccine is our way out line (it might be if it doesn't mutate, but that's bloody unlikely).

It would have made my job on a local level a lot easier.

Symptoms certainly went from mild to shit I feel bad very quickly. Sore throat, pounding headache and breathing issues....touchwood over the worst of it now. Also think I've gone through caffeine withdrawal too since all this started, I drank a lot of it, but not a drop since testing positive. Probably not the best time to go cold turkey!!
It was always going to mutate, given the numbers, very good point.

Good that you're feeling better. I'm on my second day and don't feel a thing, maybe slightly more itchy throat, all a bit weird. Wife hasn't picked it up.....

Unread 26-12-2021, 09:46 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
It was always going to mutate, given the numbers, very good point.

Good that you're feeling better. I'm on my second day and don't feel a thing, maybe slightly more itchy throat, all a bit weird. Wife hasn't picked it up.....
Fingers crossed yours doesn't get any worse. I've had a history of ENT issues since a kid so wasn't surprised that my throat felt like someone had taken a razor to it. Headache was unreal for about 48 hours.

I've confined myself to four walls until I return two negative LFTs. Christmas Day was shit for all but so far my three kids and the better half are all negative. I know a few who have had it and carried on as normal. Aware symptoms are different for each person but I wouldn't want to pass this on to anyone.

Unread 26-12-2021, 09:51 PM
geo100100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharders
Yanking ta chain dude. Chill.

Agree with what you're saying, just came across that you were spouting about a random cardiac channel for the sake of it, to exert some authority, rather than it being factually correct or in context. I just happen to know a lot about heart science having spent 12 years in cardiology, research (uni based post doc x 3, big pharma for 6 years) and have published or been co author on about 30 papers to do with the heart.

I no longer work in the industry, thankfully; I now have my own software company but keep up to date with science and research.

Take it easy.
You had him on the ropes 🤣😳

Unread 26-12-2021, 09:58 PM
measlyshark

I'm in the same position, daughter was close to a colleague last weekend, who came down on Monday. She tested positive on Tuesday and isolated in her room. We took precautions and LFTs each morning. Mine was positive yesterday so I confined myself to my room, PCR from yesterday came back positive.

Everyone is testing each day and keeping to themselves. Proper shit Christmas.....but all relatively healthy. Tbf I've done £#%&! all apart from order food and beer to be delivered to outside my room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo100100
You had him on the ropes 🤣😳
He didn't, which he realised.

Unread 26-12-2021, 10:02 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
I'm in the same position, daughter was close to a colleague last weekend, who came down on Monday. She tested positive on Tuesday and isolated in her room. We took precautions and LFTs each morning. Mine was positive yesterday so I confined myself to my room, PCR from yesterday came back positive.

Everyone is testing each day and keeping to themselves. Proper shit Christmas.....but all relatively healthy. Tbf I've done f*** all apart from order food and beer to be delivered to outside my room.

I've just had four Guinness dropped off at the door - "to build your strength back up"

I had a bunch of races - running and on the mountain bike - lined up this week so have cancelled. I'll get back on that stuff when I can. Not sure I'll be doing the local 20mile trig race over Cannock Chase in a week or so!!

Unread 26-12-2021, 10:08 PM
measlyshark

Ah, crap. I cancelled my Christmas Eve ride, just in case I was positive . Be back soon.

Unread 26-12-2021, 11:02 PM
Sharders

Quote:

I realised you're a fraud, but was kind enough to try an appease it. Did some background on you. You aren't who you say you are on here. Injecting mrna of ion channels into xenopus oocytes, applying compounds and measuring the membrane potential is your speciality. Old school tech. You mentioned on here that you're a commercial director, inferring you're high up in pharma. Not true, you're simply a lab technician, an over qualified one. You claim to be an expert on virology and epidemiology. Not true. You have a degree standard knowledge of cell biology, that's true. You say your wife is a headmistress, that's also not true.

Stop talking shit. The real scientific community is sick to death of fantatists.

Unread 26-12-2021, 11:12 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharders
I realised you're a fraud, but was kind enough to try an appease it. Did some background on you. You aren't who you say you are on here. Injecting mrna of ion channels into xenopus oocytes, applying compounds and measuring the membrane potential is your speciality. Old school tech. You mentioned on here that you're a commercial director, inferring you're high up in pharma. Not true, you're simply a lab technician, an over qualified one. You claim to be an expert on virology and epidemiology. Not true. You have a degree standard knowledge of cell biology, that's true. You say your wife is a headmistress, that's also not true.

Stop talking shit. The real scientific community is sick to death of fantatists.
but then again joined Dec 21- where’s Koppas.

Unread 26-12-2021, 11:13 PM
AK14

Shiiiiiit

Unread 26-12-2021, 11:13 PM
measlyshark

You £#%&!ing loon. Also I'd be very careful talking this way on here, not my call but that looks dangerously close to attempted doxing.

You actually went back and read all of my posts to figure out that information, and yet still failed....

Oddball.

Unread 26-12-2021, 11:23 PM
NedKelly

Jesus I better update the dossier
Closed Thread