United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You're telling me Martial didn't step up to the plate? Shocked to my very core and no mistake.
only someone who hates martial would point the finger at martial today. collectively, our attack was poor.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:15 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
You're telling me Martial didn't step up to the plate? Shocked to my very core and no mistake.
Three years since he scored league goals in consecutive matches

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
only someone who hates martial would point the finger at martial today. collectively, our attack was poor.
It was, which would have made it all the nicer if he had done something worthwhile.

92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
No they wouldn't.

Anyone who is a United fan will point fingers at any and all the starting front three and express disappointment.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:16 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Agreed. Martial was decent. Maybe good on the day. The finger pointing goes towards a bunch of other players.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:17 PM
puressence

Great result with ten men for 70 mins. Anyhow get the point Thursday and drop the cup final team till week Saturday. And then buy a £#%&!ing forward

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:17 PM
red in cumbria

Anyway, why shouldn't we "hate" him? Almost as colossal a waste of talent as Pogba.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:25 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
He doesn’t do enough with what he has and has an infuriating ability to play passes right at defenders, but when we do move the ball quickly and try to pop it about he’s the one who’ll make something out of nothing. No idea why he went off when he did, he’d just started to really get involved & it was 10’ into the second half. Weggy did even less, offers nothing at all and just killed any football we could’ve played. I think even his huge enthusiasm has died as he knows he’s not staying.

We need to add 50 goals to this side to challenge in any meaningful sense and that’s not happening in one summer & these players. Garnacho will need to explode, Rashford have another season at this level, Bruno 15+, Antony 15+ and a new no.9 that gets 30. Seems incredibly fanciful in all honesty.

Two years away still, progress is tangible but we’ll need to have 3 or 4 signings to come in and absolutely fly to make us an elite side rather than just a good one.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:28 PM
madhattricks

Martial doesn’t belong on the team anymore. He’s useless a vast majority of the time. Just on this day, he shouldn’t be the focal point of most of the finger wagging.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
No they wouldn't.

Anyone who is a United fan will point fingers at any and all the starting front three and express disappointment.
I meant that it is silly to pick martial out, not that he had a great game. subbing him for weghorst as soon as he started playing was nonsense, though.

I'd still rather have him up front that anyone we have, except rashford.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:36 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah as I said previously the Weghorst "experiment" is well and truly over.

Maybe give him a goodbye run out against Fulham if we know we have top four by then.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:42 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Yeah as I said previously the Weghorst "experiment" is well and truly over.

Maybe give him a goodbye run out against Fulham if we know we have top four by then.
Think I’d rather see him run around like a #@&%! than see Martial strut about like he’s hungover.

Maybe play them both up front for the last game? For a run/walk-out.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:42 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Varane slides back into the team, 2 clean sheets back to back. No coincidence. Missed 8 league games all season, of which we won only 4 (2 of which were wins vs. bottom 5 teams).

May not be an exaggeration to say he's the biggest contributor to how ETH wants to play: wrap him up in cotton wool for the final now.

Unread 20-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Varane slides back into the team, 2 clean sheets back to back. No coincidence. Missed 8 league games all season, of which we won only 4 (2 of which were wins vs. bottom 5 teams).

May not be an exaggeration to say he's the biggest contributor to how ETH wants to play: wrap him up in cotton wool for the final now.
He’s absolutely brilliant. I love watching him. He makes everything look so £#%&!ing easy.

Unread 20-05-2023, 06:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen

Yep. He’s a quietly brilliant player. Was at Madrid too.

Slack defending for Bournemouth’s one big chances aside, Lindelof was excellent too. He’s a very good option for back up.

Unread 20-05-2023, 06:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. He’s a quietly brilliant player. Was at Madrid too.

Slack defending for Bournemouth’s one big chances aside, Lindelof was excellent too. He’s a very good option for back up.
100%

It's clear that the problem with the Lindelof and Maguire partnership isn't Lindelof.

Unread 20-05-2023, 07:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 20-05-2023, 07:28 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Statmandave doing bong rips before posts. Sancho was literally there. That’s what he did.

Unread 20-05-2023, 07:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He’s a 70 million quid winger and did absolutely nothing in the area he’s supposed to

Unread 20-05-2023, 07:30 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
His regains were phenomenal tbf