United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Are you really certain of that? Because it seems a ludicrously improbable sequence of events to me.
Your bar for ludicrously improbable is extremely low, and misguided.

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Your bar for ludicrously improbable is extremely low, and misguided.
Did Zidane ring everyone else and get them to down tools as well?

Is that why Matic took a decade to close down Sigurdsson at Everton and Shaw was ambling back against Huddersfield?

Unread 07-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
your inside knowledge is based on what ....
Well, I put commas in. That's pretty cool

Unread 07-07-2019, 12:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle

Is that why Matic took a decade to close down Sigurdsson at Everton and Shaw was ambling back against Huddersfield?
Not seeing any conspiracy in Matic taking a decade to close somebody down

Unread 07-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle

That’s not how group dynamics work. There’s usually more than one reason at play amongst the squad. Does this really need explaining?

Pogba working his ticket for Madrid, de gea unsettled over contract negotiations, split in dressing room due to foreign contingent thinking the English are getting special treatment with contract renewals. The Sanchez issue with the wage structure. Fitness issues.

99% of football management revolves around people, not tactics or any of the other computer game shite.

Unread 07-07-2019, 06:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
You'd make a terrible agent, honestly.
aw... thanks, creamers.

Unread 07-07-2019, 06:12 PM
utd99

I truly don’t understand how you can be both a United supporter and defend Pogba. I hate that the likes of him have become the face of this club.

Unread 07-07-2019, 08:40 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The only thing that will bother me is if we don't get proper money for him. Not arsed about him as a player. Very talented but doesn't do it enough imo. It's all well and good blaming the team around him etc but he's not exactly surrounded by league 2 players, we have some good players. He should he leading them on the pitch.
Muffers!

Welcome back pal.

Unread 07-07-2019, 09:52 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I truly don’t understand how you can be both a United supporter and defend Pogba. I hate that the likes of him have become the face of this club.
I’d kind of get used to it. Or bail out. This is the direction of travel. I think that bit about being a united fan will be the thing that gives first.

Got to a stage where I’ve gone from idolising united players to despising them

There’s no way back - it’s for a different generation who admire different things which is fair enough.

Unread 07-07-2019, 10:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
It’s mental how some defend him and call him our best player. He’s an absolute £#%&!er. You could count his good games over the past 3 years on two hands.
I think there's some confusion here. Saying Pogba is still the best player in a bang average United side is barely even praise of Pogba, let alone mounting a defence. It's just the reality. His performance level is woefully inconsistent, but truth is that most of the good stuff we do still goes through him and he's the guy in the team most likely to produce the best moments.

Pogba barely deserves defending, but going in the opposite direction with this 'he's only played five good games' %@#$&!s is pointless.

He's our best player. In other words, he's better than Luke Shaw, Marcus Rashford, Ashley Young. It's not a huge accolade.

Unread 07-07-2019, 10:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
but truth is that most of the good stuff we do still goes through him and he's the guy in the team most likely to produce the best moments.

Pogba barely deserves defending, but going in the opposite direction with this 'he's only played five good games' %@#$&!s is pointless.

What are his best moments (city comeback aside) since his return...

What great moments have come through him....

5 good games is probably about right.

Name me 10 ? He's £#%&!ing awful.

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What are his best moments (city comeback aside) since his return...

What great moments have come through him....

5 good games is probably about right.

Name me 10 ? He's £#%&!ing awful.
I can barely remember the results of ten games tbf.

I understand people being willing to sell Pogba. Denying that he produces moments of quality like the above is silly.

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Mate, you've just posted a through ball.......

A half decent through ball that would be nothing without Rashfords movement..

Thank god your memories a little poor.

There's not much in the pot.

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:

It's a brilliant ball. Too much hate ruins the argument pal.

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It's a brilliant ball. Too much hate ruins the argument pal.

No hate mate, pure £#%&!ing realism

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:25 PM
Cream

Quote:

Whenever you watch old United goals, any £#%&!er could play a ball like that as standard.

Thin gruel these days.

Poggers had a good run last season though. Probably when we were doing well. He was getting plaudits.

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

No hate mate, pure £#%&!ing realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Whenever you watch old United goals, any £#%&!er could play a ball like that as standard.

Thin gruel these days.

Poggers had a good run last season though. Probably when we were doing well. He was getting plaudits.
It's not a standard ball. The weight on it is perfect. Pogba is an insanely frustrating player, but going down the road of denying the talent or ability to produce immense quality undermines the argument..

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:29 PM
My Name is Keith

He’s one our best footballers - easily. But that’s only because we are so shit atm.

And it’s entirely on his terms - when he wants and how he wants. But can he encourage a team, motivate a club, extract better performances? Can he £#%&!.

He’s a luxury and we can ill afford them. Moreover he’s divisive , and he’s agent ensure he acts the @#%&!.

Could have been a legend but he will retire a multi millionaire without any hang ups because there’s too many people making excuses for him. Those that support him and his attitude are ruining the game - it’s that simple.

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Buck

He'll probably join City a few years down the line

Unread 07-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:

It's not a standard ball. The weight on it is perfect. Pogba is an insanely frustrating player, but going down the road of denying the talent or ability to produce immense quality undermines the argument..
Have to admire your patience here.

The quality of that pass speaks for itself
Closed Thread