http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...673617,00.html

why arent we just getting the lad in

Unread 21-08-2007, 09:47 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Love to see him at United to the point of allowing my imagination to run at the slightest of hints.

Unread 21-08-2007, 09:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Because we have O'Shea.

Jeez.....

Unread 21-08-2007, 09:49 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Because we have O'Shea.

Jeez.....
super jonny oshea

six foot two
his shorts too tight
big oshea is a bit shite
has anybody seen my goal

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Maybe because we've already spent £60+ million this summer. Just a thought like.

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:19 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Maybe because we've already spent £60+ million this summer. Just a thought like.
or have we?

a payment of 15m combined for nani, anderson
a payment of 13m for hargreaves
a payment of 5m for tevez

An incoming of 25m from sale of smith,rossi,richardson,heinze

It looks to me like we have spent only 8m.

Ooh those gracious gimps.

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:22 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
or have we?

what time is it in mumbai?

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:31 AM
puressence

Quote:
are you sure bedders

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:42 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
or have we?

I would suggest it was a bit more than £8m, more like £20m - £25m imo.

It certainly ain't a ridiculous figure like £60m.

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:43 AM
BarryX

Quote:
anelka hints at exit
"Its such a lovely cinema, but I wonder what lies behind the door with a green iluminated sign above it?"

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
or have we?

Add the extra £30million tv money we recieve this season and we haven't spent a penny.

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
are you sure bedders
Not entirely no, though I wonder where these new figures have come from? If as suggested we've actually made a net profit this summer, presumably we aren't signing Anelka cos "Fergie is an idiot" or some such.

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:56 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I would suggest it was a bit more than £8m, more like £20m - £25m imo.
It certainly ain't a ridiculous figure like £60m.
how?
I laid down the actual numbers been reported!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
Add the extra £30million tv money we recieve this season and we haven't spent a penny.
add to that ticket prices increasing...

Some people argue that wages have increased...no apart from rooney, ronaldo no one have got significant pay rises. This should be nicely offset by the wage reduction in smith, heinze, richardson, rossi and some youth players off the radar.

Not that I am complaining about the summer. This summer has been one of the best ( credit should partly go to fergie ) but still saying we can't buy a striker because we have spent 60m is stupid.

I always laugh at the pundits and opposition fans this season who are claiming that we have spent 60-70 and hence we have to win premiership or championsleague.

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
how?

By who? I've seen all sorts of numbers but not those.

Unread 21-08-2007, 11:02 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
By who? I've seen all sorts of numbers but not those.
I've read double that figure for tevez for example, a £6m fee and wages of £4m a season.

I'd say we've spent no more money this summer than last, give or take a million.

Unread 21-08-2007, 11:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I've read double that figure for tevez for example, a £6m fee and wages of £4m a season.

I'd say we've spent no more money this summer than last, give or take a million.
Apparantly we have made a profit. Last I saw though Nani cost £14 million so presumably we got Andersion for £1 million. Also, I hope I don't hear about us overpaying for Hargreaves atr £18 million as we got a £5 million discount on this.

Unread 21-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Withers

Quote:
how?

add to that ticket prices increasing...

Some people argue that wages have increased...no apart from rooney, ronaldo no one have got significant pay rises. This should be nicely offset by the wage reduction in smith, heinze, richardson, rossi and some youth players off the radar.

Not that I am complaining about the summer. This summer has been one of the best ( credit should partly go to fergie ) but still saying we can't buy a striker because we have spent 60m is stupid.

I always laugh at the pundits and opposition fans this season who are claiming that we have spent 60-70 and hence we have to win premiership or championsleague.

I would be the last one to offer any defence that paints the gimps in a good light but if we accept that every player we buy is part down payment part future payments then I think it is safe to assume the players we have sold we haven't received the full payment upfront.

We either compare the total price of buying or selling or the cost in of buying in selling in that particular financial year.

Not the cost of buying in this financial year against the total amount we will eventually receive for the players sold.

Unread 21-08-2007, 11:06 AM
sharath

Quote:
By who? I've seen all sorts of numbers but
not those.
my most papers, bbc, sky

Most of them reported it was a 15m initial payment and rest on performances ( didn't porto also announce it like that? I have forgotten ).

hargreaves, I accept was only from papers. but even if you take 17m entire fee at one shot ( highly unlikely ) still only 4m more.

Quote:

tevez's price was same in almost all news sources. 10m for 2 years ( not taking wages into account ).

so I have been close to the mark.

So just going by payments and not the final sum, we haven't spent more than 12m ( or 15m at the max for you bedders ) . So lets say silvester or fletcher moves on adding another 4m, the reason of not money available shouldn't be given at all.

Unread 21-08-2007, 11:07 AM
rebelcountyred

If we were to buy a striker ie anelka, huntelar then i would expect louis saha to be sold in the january transfer window.

Unread 21-08-2007, 11:09 AM
sharath

Quote:
Apparantly we have made a profit. Last I saw though Nani cost £14 million so presumably we got Andersion for £1 million. Also, I hope I don't hear about us overpaying for Hargreaves atr £18 million as we got a £5 million discount on this.
I was not talking about full payments bedders the payments given in this summer.

even if we take just the installments of our outgoing players still it will bring
3m ( richie ) + 5m ( smithy ) + 5m ( rossi ) + 6.8m ( @#%&! ) this summer without any dependancy on the performance of the players.

so thats still nice 20m or so.

nani should be 14m and anderson was 17m I think if they fulfill all the clauses. But initially it was a combined 15m for them.

Its like carrick was a 14m player and not a 18.6m player like all the newspaper want to report.
Closed Thread