United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Agree that the squad direction is right, and I'm definitely backing Ole, but there is nothing happening on the pitch that suggests progress.
The football on the pitch reflects the dressing room. I don’t think we’ll see that much improvement until the dressing room is sorted.

Unread 24-09-2019, 10:23 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The football on the pitch reflects the dressing room. I don’t think we’ll see that much improvement until the dressing room is sorted.

Unread 24-09-2019, 10:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ah ok cheers.

You asked...

Unread 24-09-2019, 11:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Difference between the Co92 and now is we still had a load of top class players in the side, a world class coach and a winning mentality through out the club.

Would the they be as successful if they came into this current set up? I very much doubt it.
Exactly. Our senior players in 95 season were Bruce, Schmeichel and Cantona. With Keane emerging.

Now we’ve got Mata, de Gea, Young and Lingard. Jones on the bench. Leaders of men

Christ, it’s painful

Unread 24-09-2019, 11:36 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Exactly. Our senior players in 95 season were Bruce, Schmeichel and Cantona. With Keane emerging.

Now we’ve got Mata, de Gea, Young and Lingard. Jones on the bench. Leaders of men

Christ, it’s painful
Slabhead?

Unread 24-09-2019, 11:57 AM
AK14

Quote:

Christ, it’s painful
Also we allowed them time to find their feet in first team football before selling the likes of Hughes and Ince etc and making them proper first team players.

Could be argued that we’ve done it arse about face this time. Selling the likes of Lukaku and Sanchez and expecting a 17 year old kid too become a first team regular.

The form that Rashford has been showing for a while could be a result of too much too soon?

I’m all for giving the kids game time and have high hopes for them, but expecting them to come into this team and play well is setting them up to fail imo.

Unread 24-09-2019, 01:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

You asked...

You're so thick...not in bad way though.

Unread 24-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
I hope and pray that he is starting to realize that these players will not keep him in a job more than two years; they’re just not £#%&!ing good enough. I’m so tired of Rashford not scoring, Lingard and Periera not doing anything, Mata and Matic lumbering about, Young booting the ball 40 yards further than he should and Pogba picking and choosing his games.
The whole attitude and culture of the club is rotten, social media and trending seems to be the main culprit. The manager needs to get tough with the likes of Pogba Lingard and co. Would love Keane as number two he would sort the attitudes out. Instead we have paper tigers like Carrick.

Unread 24-09-2019, 02:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
The whole attitude and culture of the club is rotten, social media and trending seems to be the main culprit. The manager needs to get tough with the likes of Pogba Lingard and co. Would love Keane as number two he would sort the attitudes out. Instead we have paper tigers like Carrick.
Would he though? These are not people that rise to challenges mate, they go into their shells and stop playing like little £#%&!ing wimps. What are you supposed to do then, kit up yourself?

Part of Mourinho's problem is he expected to front these players up the way he did with Terry, Lampard, Drogba...They're just not the same people. Too young, rich and spoiled.

Unread 24-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Would he though? These are not people that rise to challenges mate, they go into their shells and stop playing like little £#%&!ing wimps. What are you supposed to do then, kit up yourself?

Part of Mourinho's problem is he expected to front these players up the way he did with Terry, Lampard, Drogba...They're just not the same people. Too young, rich and spoiled.
It's wasn't just Mourinho's problem though, it was and still is the club's problem! The most successful managers know what is needed to be at the top

I genuinely hate saying this but, look at Klopp's lot and their collective mentality. It is off the chart in comparison to us.
City go out and have their arses handed to them by Norwich, they respond by going out and put Watford in hospital.

Meanwhile, I'm sat here thinking Rochdale will get a result tomorrow

Unread 24-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Tiberian

I am not seeing a low character team this season, or one with a lack of effort and application. That was a fair criticism in the past, this team are working much harder, the pressing team wide is a large part of the improved defensive level.

What they lack is ability and consistent quality. This is the cost of years of woeful performance in recruitment, and a refusal to think long term. We can't afford more failures like Lukaku, Di Maria, Sanchez and Matic, guys we knew had serious issues(technical, physical or mentality) that made them questionable signings.

We have spent a Billion since Fergie retired but Ole is effectively having to start from scratch, he had nothing to build on coming into the job, no spine of a team in place, just a mess.

Unread 24-09-2019, 04:42 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Would love Keane as number two he would sort the attitudes out.
20 years ago maybe, but not now. The players would just sulk and stop playing properly until Keane and/or the manager was gone.

Unread 24-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Don't get what point you keep trying to make?
That united fans now side with the critics rather than close ranks against them.

Unread 24-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I am not seeing a low character team this season, or one with a lack of effort and application. That was a fair criticism in the past, this team are working much harder, the pressing team wide is a large part of the improved defensive level.

What they lack is ability and consistent quality. This is the cost of years of woeful performance in recruitment, and a refusal to think long term. We can't afford more failures like Lukaku, Di Maria, Sanchez and Matic, guys we knew had serious issues(technical, physical or mentality) that made them questionable signings.

We have spent a Billion since Fergie retired but Ole is effectively having to start from scratch, he had nothing to build on coming into the job, no spine of a team in place, just a mess.
Yep. Sacking him leaves the same problems for the next guy, who would start well and then see the same problems, and people would be calling for his head.

Unread 25-09-2019, 05:06 PM
AK14

Rumours circulating that the board are already creating a shortlist of managers to replace him.

Also what’s the stuff about McKenna being unliked and players already complaining about the standard of the training etc, any truth to it?

Unread 25-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Rumours circulating that the board are already creating a shortlist of managers to replace him.

Also what’s the stuff about McKenna being unliked and players already complaining about the standard of the training etc, any truth to it?
Been hearing that since December 2013 so wouldn't surprise me

Unread 25-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Not sure pal, but this is certainly the place to get a definitive answer to something like that.

Unread 25-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not sure pal, but this is certainly the place to get a definitive answer to something like that.
It's not??

Unread 25-09-2019, 05:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Some of our players are unhappy and complaining?

Real hold the front page material there.

Unread 25-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Where is this from ?
Closed Thread