United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Buck

Abraham is having a free hit. He knows Lampard is going to keep sticking with him up front because there's no one else. Plus it buys Lampard time and rapport giving the youngsters a chance.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Sparky***

4 goals in his last 15 appearances for United.

Daniel James has half that in 5 games. And he doesn't take £#%&!ing pens either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Abraham is having a free hit. He knows Lampard is going to keep sticking with him up front because there's no one else. Plus it buys Lampard time and rapport giving the youngsters a chance.
A free hit. At notoriously patient chelsea.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Daniel James has half that in 5 games. And he doesn't take £#%&!ing pens either..
You don’t like him and are desperate to be right, ok, we get it.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You don’t like him and are desperate to be right, ok, we get it.
I am right. And you know it.

Proof. In. The. Pudding.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
I am right. And you know it.

Proof. In. The. Pudding.
No. You’re. Not.

The team is shite. He spent most of the game on his own in the Leicester half.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Buck

Quote:

Daniel James has half that in 5 games. And he doesn't take £#%&!ing pens either.

A free hit. At notoriously patient chelsea.
Who else is Lampard going to pick? Giroud...? A ship turns quicker than that guy.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Who else is Lampard going to pick? Giroud...? A ship turns quicker than that guy.
I love the excuses. Genuinely make me laugh.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Or alternatively he is under pressure to deliver as this is likely his chance to nail down a place before they throw big money on someone.

He has started very well, his 2nd and 3rd today were top finishes.

Unread 14-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Or alternatively he is under pressure to deliver as this is likely his chance to nail down a place before they throw big money on someone.

He has started very well, his 2nd and 3rd today were top finishes.
Funnily enough we played them quite recently. Abraham was substituted and Rashford bagged a brace.

Disaster.

Unread 14-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Funnily enough we played them quite recently. Abraham was substituted and Rashford bagged a brace.

Disaster.
Nice story. Except I wasn't comparing the two.

Unread 14-09-2019, 06:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Disaster.

Let's slag the match-winner. Of course..

Unread 14-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Nice story. Except I wasn't comparing the two.
More a summary of facts than a story.

I just tagged you into it because you were the last to reply. Would never accuse you of comparing the two.

Unread 14-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He’s not a 9, no matter what everyone on here has been saying since he broke in.
What is he? He produces nothing. Head down and runs into blind alleys. Needs to up his game.

Unread 14-09-2019, 10:23 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Let's slag the match-winner. Of course..
Fair enough. So how would you assess his game today? Aside from the fact that he scored the only goal, which we totally agree on so we can take that as read.

Unread 14-09-2019, 10:26 PM
tatty

I'm only disappointed in Rashford because he hasn't quite pushed on as he looked like doing in his early games.

Other players/positions bother me far more and if we do get to the point where OGS is looking hard at him then we will be in good shape.

Unread 14-09-2019, 10:27 PM
NedKelly

Martial is better than him up top. On the wing I suppose we could persist with him but what if we actually buy a top winger next summer? He’s good, and could develop into a really good player. I don’t think he Is a great player in the making though, we would know by now.

Unread 14-09-2019, 10:32 PM
waynes ear's

Why is this #@&%! still at United?

Bin. He’s shite. Bin him

Unread 14-09-2019, 10:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Martial is better than him up top. On the wing I suppose we could persist with him but what if we actually buy a top winger next summer? He’s good, and could develop into a really good player. I don’t think he Is a great player in the making though, we would know by now.
He probably isn't a better option than James on the left at present. Suppose there is a space on the right, which he could take.

Unread 14-09-2019, 10:46 PM
NegativeNorris

Sterling was similar to how Rashford is now, but look at him now. Whether a top coach can take him up to that level, I don't know. He's barely improved at all though, which is worrying.

Unread 14-09-2019, 10:58 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Sterling was similar to how Rashford is now, but look at him now. Whether a top coach can take him up to that level, I don't know. He's barely improved at all though, which is worrying.
Sterling was shit at finishing but was always pretty good at everything else. His link up play has always been great and I think he’s a far more dynamic dribbler.
Closed Thread