United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:41 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
He's in his peak right now ffs.

140 goals in 138 games for madrid. If thats not his peak i dread to think how many he'll get over the next two seasons.
Nah rogiers pol, disagree kindly, he was a far more rounded player at United.

Note my earlier comment that he deserves to win something for his ridiculous goal record.

Ask Ronnie himself and he'll say he wishes he was the player he was in 06-08. He might score slightly less but he'd have significantly more assists, Madrid would have won a lot more than 1 copa del rey in 3 years and most importantly he'd be great to watch again.

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:45 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Wonder if he will want a new challenge after he wins the La Liga/European Cup this year?

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:45 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ronaldo being far and away the best player we have had at OT in most of our life times, if not ever, is probably a lot to do with it, not to mention the success we enjoyed and the football he played while he was here and happy...

Rooney is a @#%&!, and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, but he's our @#%&!. I do find myself being rather ambivalent towards him most of the time though.
Vintage dunkers hating post... you have more in common with wazza than Ronnie, why be so salty?

And far and away the best player we have had at OT in the lifetimes of most reds? Speak for yourself pol.

You've literally just spat in the face of Giggsy and Scholesy.

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:47 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Ask Ronnie himself and he'll say he wishes he was the player he was in 06-08.
- So Christiano, do you think you've developed your all-round game since your move to Madrid?

- No mate, I was a better player 3-4 years ago actually.

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Wonder if he will want a new challenge after he wins the La Liga/European Cup this year?

Like the Europa league?

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:48 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Like the Europa league?
Exactly.

Turning a bunch of jokers in the Europa League into a decent outfit in Europe again.

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Vintage dunkers hating post... you have more in common with wazza than Ronnie, why be so salty?

And far and away the best player we have had at OT in the lifetimes of most reds? Speak for yourself pol.

You've literally just spat in the face of Giggsy and Scholesy.

Both tremendous players, but none will ever be anywhere near Ballon D'Or standard. I think you will find they would both agree that Ronaldo is better and was then. Neither Giggs nor Scholes have ever been anywhere near being the best in the World, both weren't far off in their respective positions, but neither belongs at the level Ronaldo has reached.

As for hating Rooney, he did that to himself. Don't think I said anywhere that I didn't hate Ronaldo for £#%&!ing off either. I still hold Eric retiring against him ffs.

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:51 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Like the Europa league?
More like the "project" at City

Bloody love Ronnie tbf

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:52 AM
believe

Quote:
Both tremendous players, but none will ever be anywhere near Ballon D'Or standard. I think you will find they would both agree that Ronaldo is better and was then. Neither Giggs nor Scholes have ever been anywhere near being the best in the World, both weren't far off in their respective positions, but neither belongs at the level Ronaldo has reached.

As for hating Rooney, he did that to himself. Don't think I said anywhere that I didn't hate Ronaldo for £#%&!ing off either. I still hold Eric retiring against him ffs.
spot on about Ronaldo but I don't think he had anything to do with Eric retiring.

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
spot on about Ronaldo but I don't think he had anything to do with Eric retiring.
@#%&! You know what I meant...

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:58 AM
saffers

Quote:
Michael Owen won the Ballon D'or.

But that post is one of the most ridiculous things ive read on here, rarely lost for words tbh.

Unread 24-04-2012, 11:59 AM
dunk

Quote:

But that post is one of the most ridiculous things ive read on here, rarely lost for words tbh.
Don't read your own posts then?

Ronaldo has been top 1 or 2 for 4 out of the last 5 years or something. Owen getting it was a freak.

Giggs and Scholes in terms of contribution to United are top 3 or 4, but in terms of actual player, Ronaldo.

Unread 24-04-2012, 12:01 PM
MUFC One Love

People look back fondly on Ronaldo because he was one of the greatest players we have ever had.

We haven't replaced him or rebuilt the team the way we could have with that much for one player.

Unread 24-04-2012, 12:02 PM
believe

Quote:
@#%&! You know what I meant...

Quote:

come on saffers there a plenty of player who've won ballon d'or that are not among the worlds greatest ever players. ronaldo isn't on off them, even now. had madrid been even half the side barca have been over the last three years they would have cleaned up and Ronaldo would have won the ballon d'or for four years on the trot.

I think in the comparison to him and rooney, we've never recovered as a footballing side since Ronaldo left United. If Rooney left we'd not miss him within a month.

Unread 24-04-2012, 12:02 PM
elhombre

Quote:
THIS.

but if the question was, would you take Ronaldo over scholes and giggs, the answer would be no...

you knew ronaldo wanted out and we were a stepping stone.... and the end of the season was always drama with his "staying" then "i'm off".... it was a joke.

Unread 24-04-2012, 12:03 PM
elhombre

Quote:

come on saffers there a plenty of player who've won ballon d'or that are not among the worlds greatest ever players. ronaldo isn't on off them, even now. had madrid been even half the side barca have been over the last three years they would have cleaned up and Ronaldo would have won the ballon d'or for four years on the trot.

I think in the comparison to him and rooney, we've never recovered as a footballing side since Ronaldo left United. If Rooney left we'd not miss him within a month.
this. too.

Unread 24-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I was happy in a way when he left. 2009 was all about him. Could accept it in 08 because he was unstoppable but even then the games were about him. 2-0, oh who scored? zzzz.

When he left I thought we'd see more of a team game, less reliance on one player, less theatrics, more diversity and players coming out of their shells.

I haven't been disappointed. Some of the football we play now is a joy to watch with such exception talents that have improved greatly since ronaldo left. Such as berbatov and park.
Nani has really stepped up aswel and you can expect at least half a dozen good games a season, maybe even double figures. Anderson has just excelled too and where would we be without young and hernandez eh?

Unread 24-04-2012, 12:05 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
I'd say the exact opposite was the case.

We carried on winning titles and getting to European Cup finals, didn't we?

I maintain we'd be be absolutely £#%&!ed now if Rooney left.

Unread 24-04-2012, 12:09 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I'd say the exact opposite was the case.

We carried on winning titles and getting to European Cup finals, didn't we?

I maintain we'd be be absolutely £#%&!ed now if Rooney left.
Really? I'd maintain that we've won the league because we've been the best shit side in a very shit league and the same in Europe only to be beaten by the best good team. I'm not having a pop at Roney here btw, I agree he's vey important to this side but if he left we'd soon recover.

We haven't looked anything close to a world class side since Ronaldo and dare I say it, Tevez, left.

Unread 24-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I was happy in a way when he left. 2009 was all about him. Could accept it in 08 because he was unstoppable but even then the games were about him. 2-0, oh who scored? zzzz.

When he left I thought we'd see more of a team game, less reliance on one player, less theatrics, more diversity and players coming out of their shells.

I haven't been disappointed. Some of the football we play now is a joy to watch with such exception talents that have improved greatly since ronaldo left. Such as berbatov and park.
Nani has really stepped up aswel and you can expect at least half a dozen good games a season, maybe even double figures. Anderson has just excelled too and where would we be without young and hernandez eh?
Closed Thread