United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

looking forward to the russian and french translated versions of zorg's book recounting his and his old man's dust up with telford's finest.

Unread 27-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
looking forward to the russian and french translated versions of zorg's book recounting his and his old man's dust up with telford's finest.
The best of these are the ones that try to be literary and psychoanalytical about it, like 'Among the Thugs.'

There is not murder or rage or even anger in his eye; there is nothing. It is black like the flint in a Khmer cave in deepest Cambodia, seeing all but feeling nothing. It is black like the Sheffield skies that lorded above him as he learned life's lessons as a boy: take what you can. Nobody will give. And above all, stand your ground. Never run.

£#%&! off.

Unread 27-07-2012, 04:53 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Or alternatively, if men are going to fight about anything in life then it may as well be about football.

It's not my bag but if you remove the threat of potential violence and antagonism from football, we might as well pack it in and go and watch ice hockey at the MEN.
you aren't serious, are you?

Unread 27-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
surely failing to understand humanity and why men have a desire to be tribal and commit violence against others relates to a distinct lack of developed frontal lobes.
no i understand that. i also understand that most people (not all) who engage in mindless weekend thuggery are £#%&!ing morons.

Unread 27-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

There is not murder or rage or even anger in his eye; there is nothing. It is black like the flint in a Khmer cave in deepest Cambodia, seeing all but feeling nothing. It is black like the Sheffield skies that lorded above him as he learned life's lessons as a boy: take what you can. Nobody will give. And above all, stand your ground. Never run.
Bosh, bang, wallop. Ave iiiiiit yoo cants!

Unread 27-07-2012, 05:16 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
you aren't serious, are you?
No, I'm on a gigantic wind-up.

Unread 27-07-2012, 05:17 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
No, I'm on a gigantic wind-up.
thought as much. phew.

Unread 28-07-2012, 03:20 PM
sub three hours

Football violence isn't for me, it never was, but i'll say this 'I wouldn`t have relished the prospect of bumping into Mikey Francis and the Cool Cats in a dark alley in the late 70's and early 80's after a derby.'
Closed Thread