United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Don Gorgon

Default The Young Guvnors book

Flicked through the first few pages yesterday in town, and it makes Men In Black appear Pulitzer Prize worthy. Honestly, it's like reading an angry 11 year olds diary. Upon further data mining via google, this extract surprised me somewhat.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

bet you couldn't write it better.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Don Gorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
bet you couldn't write it better.
Just got the highest score at a level 3 English assessment test pal

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:23 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gorgon
for Under 5s

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
yep, you've always just recently done something haven't you.

Something really convenient.

If I said you wouldn't last five minutes in space you'd be claiming to have spent a month on mir. Get out of it.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

If I said you wouldn't last five minutes in space you'd be claiming to have spent a month on mir. Get out of it.
Nailed!

forzagarza

Far two many commas in that

Don Gorgon

Quote:

Tried to PM you, but seriously give me a call mate.
All I've done for the past 5 months is sit in my room doing higher Mathematics, I feel like I've lost the will to live. Had to pass certain assessment tests last week to get onto the course I'm starting in September.....

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs down

Quote:
Tried to PM you, but seriously give me a call mate.
All I've done for the past 5 months is sit in my room doing higher Mathematics, I feel like I've lost the will to live. Had to pass certain assessment tests last week to get onto the course I'm starting in September.....
I'd lose the will to live if I had to call someone and listen to them tell me how hard their life is because of some sums.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Zorg

Football fans fighting - why do people find this so interesting?

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Don Gorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
:gayfight:

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
imagine reading a full book about football supporters thinking they're some band of barbarians

They probably think they're hard when they're reading it. Pictureing themselves there, standing on a road shouting at a crowd, the adrenalin of throwing a bottle at something then running down a street.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:47 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Pictureing themselves there, standing on a road shouting at a crowd, the adrenalin of throwing a bottle at something then running down a street.
Don't you ever picture yourself at the ground when you're watching on telly?

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Flicked through the first few pages yesterday in town, and it makes Men In Black appear Pulitzer Prize worthy. Honestly, it's like reading an angry 11 year olds diary. Upon further data mining via google, this extract surprised me somewhat.

no way that has been published - pretty much unreadable. one full stop in the whole thing, what a disgrace.

he should be running whoever was supposed to be his editor, not west fackin' 'am.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:52 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Far two many commas in that

I thought that was out of breath by the time i finished the £#%&!ing paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Don't you ever picture yourself at the ground when you're watching on telly?
Nothing £#%&!s you up like being at a game, getting home to watch the highlights and the camera is on the opposite side to where you expected it to be, (Normally euros ) it can really ruin your highlights tbh, and you start doubting yourself as to whether you were even really at the match :shakehead:

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:53 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Hooligan books have the potential to give an insight into fan culture etc and would be interesting if they weren't written in the same, cliched manner. I can only read four or five pages of prose full of "plotted up", "boozer" "on top" "we ran them" etc, before I give up. It's just £#%&!ing awful. Do these people actually talk like that in real life :shakehead:

MNiK's account of washing his dishes in RI a few years back summed it up perfectly tbh.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:54 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
no way that has been published - pretty much unreadable. one full stop in the whole thing, what a disgrace.

he should be running whoever was supposed to be his editor, not west fackin' 'am.
must be self published.

because a. he has the grammar of a six year old, and b. it is an awful pile of shit.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:55 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Hooligan books have the potential to give an insight into fan culture etc and would be interesting if they weren't written in the same, cliched manner. I can only read four or five pages of prose full of "plotted up", "boozer" "on top" "we ran them" etc, before I give up. It's just £#%&!ing awful. Do these people actually talk like that in real life :shakehead:

MNiK's account of washing his dishes in RI a few years back summed it up perfectly tbh.
Why don't you ask them you fackin mug, wats matter ? not got the minerals boy.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:56 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Colin Ward and Nick Hornby* have written the best two books on football fans.

*Not a popular opinion to have nowadays given the lesser imitations it spawned, but 'Fever Pitch' was a great book.

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:56 AM
MUFC One Love

I'll fackin' cat* you, you cant*!

*cut
*@#%&!
Closed Thread