United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Person who don't rate him

Imagine being that much in denial. Doubt there's anyone out there that stoopid though pal, tbh. Even on here

Unread 17-03-2017, 05:21 PM
dunk

Imagine believing there is no correlation between United being shit going forward throughout his time as a member of that attack and his presence in said attack..

Unread 17-03-2017, 06:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I assume this was not a grammatical error?

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Tiberian

Good player, but if Utd want to be the dominant force in the country and a consistent force in Europe he is a player that must be improved on.

His goalscoring is valuable but outside of that he does not impact the game enough, a 37 yo Giggs was levels above anything that Mata has shown for Utd.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Ethers

Yep, apart from his goals, and his assists, he doesn't impact the game enough.

How many clean sheets does the @#%&! have eh?

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

How many clean sheets does the @#%&! have eh?
Not enough, clearly.

And nobody has ever managed to score goals and make goals without actually being good enough for a top level side..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Good player, but if Utd want to be the dominant force in the country and a consistent force in Europe he is a player that must be improved on.

His goalscoring is valuable but outside of that he does not impact the game enough, a 37 yo Giggs was levels above anything that Mata has shown for Utd.
Exactly.

People are easily mislead.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Well statistically, he's the best player in his position in the country over the last few years - so who would we get in?

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

How many clean sheets does the c*** have eh?
2 assists all season in the league, 15(league again) in his Utd career, in 107 league games.

Is that level of production enough?

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Not enough, clearly.

And nobody has ever managed to score goals and make goals without actually being good enough for a top level side..

Exactly.

People are easily mislead.
Please show me somebody with an equally consistent goals/assists record for 3 of the top sides in the best leagues in Europe, who wasn't actually good enough for a top side.

I'll wait.

Quote:
2 assists all season in the league, 15(league again) in his Utd career, in 107 league games.

10 goals, 5 assists in 30 games in one of the lowest scoring sides in the country.

I'd say yes, that's pretty decent tbf.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:45 PM
dunk

Quote:

Best attacking midfielder in the PL.

Quote:
Please show me somebody with an equally consistent goals/assists record for 3 of the top sides in the best leagues in Europe, who wasn't actually good enough for a top side.

I'll wait.
Keep waiting. I don't need to stat attack it. He's a good little player that despite his goals is detrimental to the team.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Best attacking midfielder in the PL.

Keep waiting. I don't need to stat attack it. He's a good little player that despite his goals is detrimental to the team.
I'll take that as a no then

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:48 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

I'll wait.

10 goals, 5 assists in 30 games in one of the lowest scoring sides in the country.

I'd say yes, that's pretty decent tbf.
Maybe he's part of the reason why we're such low scorers

He's clearly a good player but not good enough as a starter for where we want to get to

Too many limitations to his game

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Sparky***

Mata has already reached his total goals tally for the whole of last season, despite making 17 less league appearances.

Last season: 54 Appearances 10 goals

This season: 37 Appearances 10 goals

No midfielder has been involved in as many goals in the Premier League as the Spain international has since moving to England in 2011

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2...ble-goal-stats

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Maybe he's part of the reason why we're such low scorers

He's clearly a good player but not good enough as a starter for where we want to get to

Too many limitations to his game
Despite being low scorers, we're one of the best sides in the country for chances created, so you'd have to be pretty £#%&!ing thick to lay the blame at the feet of our most creative player tbf.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
I'll take that as a no then
Take it as whatever you want pal. He isn't good enough for a side wanting to be challenging for top 4/the title with any regularity. We're shit going forward and have been since he has been a major cog in that machine, and no matter who you put in there with him, the side splutters and fails. His ability to pick the right spots and finish will get him goals, but our overall play suffers massively when he's in the side. Everyone likes him so my view is unpopular, but the team's performances in terms of goal scoring, regardless of manager and other personnel backs it up.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Sparky***

Yep our overall play definitely suffered the other night when he robbed the other team of the ball on the halfway line, broke forward and then got on the end of a cross to score the goal which put us through.

"What's he doing, the stupid idiot" I thought.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Take it as whatever you want pal. He isn't good enough for a side wanting to be challenging for top 4/the title with any regularity. We're shit going forward and have been since he has been a major cog in that machine, and no matter who you put in there with him, the side splutters and fails. His ability to pick the right spots and finish will get him goals, but our overall play suffers massively when he's in the side. Everyone likes him so my view is unpopular, but the team's performances in terms of goal scoring, regardless of manager and other personnel backs it up.
If you were right (you're not) there would be some kind of improvement in our performance/productivity when he doesn't play compared to when he does (there isn't)

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yep our overall play definitely suffered the other night when he robbed the other team of the ball on the halfway line, broke forward and then got on the end of a cross to score the goal which put us through.

He was on the pitch for the whole game, how was the other 93 minutes for you?

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Hated that first time through ball that put Mikhi one on one with the keeper too, the @#%&!
Closed Thread