United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Yeah, I meant those two shouty chaps that were on the tv doc
The last TV doc was edited short thanks to one of them being involved in something dodgy, I think? Both still there though.

Unread 28-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Nelson

0-3.

Unread 28-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
0-3.
How many promotions have you secured and where are you now?

Unread 28-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
How many promotions have you secured and where are you now?
4 and about 13th in conference north .

All that shit last season has put loads off . Me inc . Wreckers have wrecked .

Unread 28-01-2017, 10:35 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

So new football club becomes typical football club?

Who'd have thunk it?

Unread 29-01-2017, 10:11 AM
elephantstone

Where are Salford in the league?

Unread 29-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Where are Salford in the league?
3rd

Unread 29-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
So new football club becomes typical football club?

Who'd have thunk it?
Still owned and run by members .

Unread 29-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Highest home attendance in 11 years. Funny that.

Walsh and his totally unqualified, money-grabbing, non-red, personal friends nearly drove the place to ruin. Thankfully it's on the right track again.

Unread 29-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Highest home attendance in 11 years. Funny that.

Walsh and his totally unqualified, money-grabbing, non-red, personal friends nearly drove the place to ruin. Thankfully it's on the right track again.
And what was it last week and the week before ? Attendances are down , St sales are down .

Never said there weren't issues , but losing AW and a few of the others is a mistake .

Unread 29-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Still owned and run by members .

I own part of Witton. Nowt special mate

Unread 29-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Withers

Quote:
And what was it last week and the week before ? Attendances are down , St sales are down .

Never said there weren't issues , but losing AW and a few of the others is a mistake .

Like £#%&! it was a mistake, are you £#%&!ing bonkers?

Season tickets being 500 down is a red herring, they were always going to be down due to the first season bounce and plenty of locals buying a £100 season ticket then deciding it wasn't for them.

Before last season there were on average between 500-600 season ticket holders misssing at a game, last year it was 1000. Those season ticket holders had disappeared long before the old board and Walsh had gone, you just didn't see they had gone until they didn't renew.

To suggest they would be there if Walsh and the old board hadn't gone is disingenuous given they had already gone before them.

Unread 29-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Like £#%&! it was a mistake, are you £#%&!ing bonkers?

Season tickets being 500 down is a red herring, they were always going to be down due to the first season bounce and plenty of locals buying a £100 season ticket then deciding it wasn't for them.

Before last season there were on average between 500-600 season ticket holders misssing at a game, last year it was 1000. Those season ticket holders had disappeared long before the old board and Walsh had gone, you just didn't see they had gone until they didn't renew.

To suggest they would be there if Walsh and the old board hadn't gone is disingenuous given they had already gone before them.
Two seperate points . You're linking em I'm not .

Aw was FCs biggest asset . Hounding him out was a mistake .

Unread 29-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Withers

Quote:
Two seperate points . You're linking em I'm not .

Aw was FCs biggest asset . Hounding him out was a mistake .
He was a liability unfortunately, he had no idea how to run a football club, we would have gone bankrupt under him.

Those are the sad facts and I take no pleasure in stating them

Unread 29-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Zorg

Quote:

I realise no-one has FC's interests at heart more than you codders, but the place would very likely have collapsed without that freak FA Cup run. AW worked his backside off, I know that and respect it (some don't), but he would not accept help from qualified people, would only employ personal friends, then circled the wagons and cried 'bullying!' the moment anyone questioned him. Someone else (don't know who) put it well when he said that for years, people knocked gently on the door, but eventually they had to kick it down because he and his mates would not listen.

The problems now stem from the horrendous financials from when they were still running the place. It's all in black and white. That statement they put out was a disgraceful pack of lies, laughably full of holes. Remember, these are the same people who point-blank refused to answer even polite questions put to them by the members who voted them in, yet now they want 'openness' and are 'releasing statements'? £#%&! off
See, if they'd done that from the start when people asked, all this could have been avoided. They had a mountain of goodwill, the vast majority were on their side, but they just threw it away. Mental.

And just when there was a feeling of the club pulling together, they release that? Absolutely atrocious thing to do and highlights what's important to them. And it ain't the club.

By the way, AW wiped his club laptop before handing it back, years of data lost. What did he not want people seeing? Someone on that new joke of a forum has admitted members were not given the full financial picture before investing in community shares - I believe that's edging towards fraud and it's being looked into.

These people posed with a Tory MP on our pitch ffs . One of them was a Middlesborough fan with absolute no interest in United, a total look-at-me bluffer paid thousands of our money for doing worse than £#%&! all. Surely you can see that the club had taken a wrong turn somewhere with stuff like that going on? Is that what we all wanted in 2005?

More importantly though, I've heard nothing but fantastic reports about yesterday being like the old days again. '£#%&! the result, that was brilliant' appears to be the consensus. Upwards of 4,000 at BP? Onwards and upwards.

Unread 29-01-2017, 12:00 PM
20 times

Quote:

The actual number of people in the ground is very similar versus the previous season.

Unread 29-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
I realise no-one has FC's interests at heart more than you codders, but the place would very likely have collapsed without that freak FA Cup run. AW worked his backside off, I know that and respect it (some don't), but he would not accept help from qualified people, would only employ personal friends, then circled the wagons and cried 'bullying!' the moment anyone questioned him. Someone else (don't know who) put it well when he said that for years, people knocked gently on the door, but eventually they had to kick it down because he and his mates would not listen.

The problems now stem from the horrendous financials from when they were still running the place. It's all in black and white. That statement they put out was a disgraceful pack of lies, laughably full of holes. Remember, these are the same people who point-blank refused to answer even polite questions put to them by the members who voted them in, yet now they want 'openness' and are 'releasing statements'? £#%&! off
See, if they'd done that from the start when people asked, all this could have been avoided. They had a mountain of goodwill, the vast majority were on their side, but they just threw it away. Mental.

And just when there was a feeling of the club pulling together, they release that? Absolutely atrocious thing to do and highlights what's important to them. And it ain't the club.

By the way, AW wiped his club laptop before handing it back, years of data lost. What did he not want people seeing? Someone on that new joke of a forum has admitted members were not given the full financial picture before investing in community shares - I believe that's edging towards fraud and it's being looked into.

These people posed with a Tory MP on our pitch ffs . One of them was a Middlesborough fan with absolute no interest in United, a total look-at-me bluffer paid thousands of our money for doing worse than £#%&! all. Surely you can see that the club had taken a wrong turn somewhere with stuff like that going on? Is that what we all wanted in 2005?

More importantly though, I've heard nothing but fantastic reports about yesterday being like the old days again. '£#%&! the result, that was brilliant' appears to be the consensus. Upwards of 4,000 at BP? Onwards and upwards.

Unread 29-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Ok mate.

Unread 29-01-2017, 02:34 PM
20 times

Quote:
Ok mate.
He probably thinks deleted your laptop hard drive and emails to remove any paper trails is in the best interests of the club.

Unread 31-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Switching Off

Why are you playing a friendly on Saturday?
Closed Thread