United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2021, 01:13 PM
saffers

Default Fergie: On Selling Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis in 1995

Andrei and Ince parts are Ferie at his best.

Unread 11-02-2021, 01:34 PM
AK14

Was gutted when we sold AK

Sounds like he was a 90’s Pogba...

Fergie

Unread 11-02-2021, 01:36 PM
Red Santos

worked out well in the end but i was gutted that summer when Ince and Kanchelskis.

two integral players in their prime at the time.

Unread 11-02-2021, 01:43 PM
ScarFace

Unhappy

Great vid.

Disgusting the club and team we are today.

Unread 11-02-2021, 01:50 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
worked out well in the end but i was gutted that summer when Ince and Kanchelskis.

two integral players in their prime at the time.
It seemed terrible business at the time.

I’d watched the ‘92 kids in a pre-season friendly against Bury in 1994...they looked decidedly average so the claims at the time that we had talent coming through to replace PI & AK seemed like straw clutching.

Unread 11-02-2021, 01:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
It seemed terrible business at the time.

I’d watched the ‘92 kids in a pre-season friendly against Bury in 1994...they looked decidedly average so the claims at the time that we had talent coming through to replace PI & AK seemed like straw clutching.
My mate (Lighty) tried to score against Sealy during that match - who was a right @#%&! from memory.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:04 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Great vid.

We really fell off hard.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:11 PM
Neo

Was Kanchelskis represented by the Russian mafia, or something?

Gutted when he left. Probably my favourite player as a kid.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:14 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

someone of that ilk,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/409526.stm

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:21 PM
Knockers

I don’t care how many trebles we won, selling Mark Hughes was madness. Would we have got 100 points every season if we’d kept him? Who’s to say, but probably yeah.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:37 PM
utd99

Hughes scored great goals but he wasn’t a great goal scorer. McClair was first to 20 since Best I think.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQUOAPMuI4g

Andrei and Ince parts are Ferie at his best.
The Hughes one was a strange one. I've mentioned it before but I remember being at Old Trafford and him being paraded on the pitch after we announced we had just agreed a new contract with him before Leeds in the FA Cup. Then he £#%&!ed off anyway. I know, contracts don't mean a thing etc, but was still very odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

So the story goes...

He had to leave as he owed them money.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The Hughes one was a strange one. I've mentioned it before but I remember being at Old Trafford and him being paraded on the pitch after we announced we had just agreed a new contract with him before Leeds in the FA Cup. Then he £#%&!ed off anyway. I know, contracts don't mean a thing etc, but was still very odd.
I don’t think Hughes was ever really a red, he was more team Hughes. Strachan was another; comes across as a right @#%&! in interviews. Ince the same. £#%&! ‘em.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:57 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don’t think Hughes was ever really a red

Unread 11-02-2021, 03:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Ok, I’ve re-thought this and you’re right, he was a top red. Totally not in the mood for clever irrelevancies or ‘soz’s’ today.

Unread 11-02-2021, 03:11 PM
Chris Quayd

We'd have won the '98 title with a triumvirate of Keane/Ince/Scholes and probably won another European Cup. Hated Ince after '99 but he was an unbelievable player who we should have kept.

Unread 11-02-2021, 03:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Ok, I’ve re-thought this and you’re right, he was a top red. Totally not in the mood for clever irrelevancies or ‘soz’s’ today.
hughes is one of my favourite united players - world class and an absolute war horse that fergie was stupid enough to sell twice.

not a red, my arse. are you going to suggest he always supported chelsea really, didn't try hard enough and wasn't a team player? £#%&! off with your irrelevancy.

Unread 11-02-2021, 03:24 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Great vid.

Love Fergie to be in charge now, Pogba and co wouldn't know what £#%&!ing hit them.

Unread 11-02-2021, 03:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hughes is one of my favourite united players - world class and an absolute war horse that fergie was stupid enough to sell twice.

not a red, my arse. are you going to suggest he always supported chelsea really, didn't try hard enough and wasn't a team player? £#%&! off with your irrelevancy.

Or am I being wooshed?

Unread 11-02-2021, 03:25 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Hughes scored great goals but he wasn’t a great goal scorer. McClair was first to 20 since Best I think.
Bruce?...
Closed Thread