United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Sloppy

Default Its shit going to the game these days

Its crap.Nobody sings.No-one knows any songs apart from 'who are ya' which was belted out again.People in my row and the row in front not even clapping when a sub is being made just sat there like a bunch of stiffs.So glad i dont have a season ticket anymore.Waste of time the @#%&!s.

Unread 27-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Ed Sullivan

I heard what sounded like about 20 lads trying to sing 'Forever and ever' and it just faded to nothing. Used to be cracking when everyone was singing it.

Shame.

Unread 27-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
I heard what sounded like about 20 lads trying to sing 'Forever and ever' and it just faded to nothing. Used to be cracking when everyone was singing it.

Shame.
Tried to get loads going and all they know is who are ya build a bonfire and you are my solskjaer.Right next to away fans too and all people can do is take pics and just be there.

Unread 27-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Ed Sullivan

I don't really want to have to post a titanic pic

gave up a shared LMTB in 2003 and it was pretty shite then

Unread 27-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
I don't really want to have to post a titanic pic

gave up a shared LMTB in 2003 and it was pretty shite then
I know but it gets on my nerves and its gone so bad these days its untrue.Theres always been a big share of numpties but it seems as if theyve took over the asylum now completely.

Unread 27-10-2007, 06:17 PM
TreeFiddy

I hear you Sloppy. I got to my seat and thought 'shit, why have I even bothered?'

The only place I actually want to sit is the Stretty and I never get allocated tickets there so I'm usually stuck up in East 2 with a load of 'who are ya', 'easy, easy' @#%&!s.

*sigh*

Unread 27-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I hear you Sloppy. I got to my seat and thought 'shit, why have I even bothered?'

The only place I actually want to sit is the Stretty and I never get allocated tickets there so I'm usually stuck up in East 2 with a load of 'who are ya', 'easy, easy' @#%&!s.

*sigh*
Just goes to show what happens when anyone can get a season ticket.Cant get over how these songs have come in in a matter of a season.Taste of things to come im afraid.

Unread 27-10-2007, 06:26 PM
keane Roy

The crowd was awful today, if you think about it you could give your ST up and the money you save especially now with the ACS you could do a fair few aways getting tickets from touts. The glazers will put prices up again this year and more young lads like myself will be forced to stop going to home games (not like they're anything special anyway) and just hoping to get away tickets from people when there is a spare going. Ask glazer if he gives a £#%&! though, not while his bank account is doing ok.

A sad state of affairs

Unread 27-10-2007, 06:28 PM
rubbernecker

Unread 27-10-2007, 06:44 PM
wonky no

i was a bit pissed off with a few who didn't bother clapping hargy off, it was his first game back ffs and he was pretty £#%&!ing impressive.

i consider the 'who are ya' to be retro, it doesn't seem to bad then

£#%&! em anyway, just make sure you sing

Unread 27-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
i was a bit pissed off with a few who didn't bother clapping hargy off, it was his first game back ffs and he was pretty £#%&!ing impressive.

Whats your breeders cup horses wonkler?

Unread 27-10-2007, 07:01 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Whats your breeders cup horses wonkler?
i'm just having a nosey now

Unread 27-10-2007, 07:06 PM
wonky no

8.20 jeremy 6/1
9.05 tough tizs sis 14/1

Unread 27-10-2007, 07:18 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!

Quite right. I stood and applauded him off the pitch (like all our subs) while the guy next to me sat and did nothing. The same guy was, however, the first person in the stadium to moan and groan when Ronaldo played a stray pass in stoppage time.

Unread 27-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

I blame the society we live in - far too pacified by the desire for material things; far too obsessed with money and style over substance.

Football was great back in the day when none of that mattered half as much; when you could get the better of someone not by ripping them off or being a higher earner but by smacking them and taxing their Peter Storm

Great football match again today btw

United are £#%&!ing buzzing

Unread 27-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

It's been like that for years and it's just going to get worse. I kind of agree with throb, Times have changed, back in the 70s 80s etc there was still such a thing as working class, the cost of football was cheaper and there was standing. There was a level of boisterousness that you dont see these days, it was all about creating an atmosphere with a bit of an edge. Today with the seats, improved police monitoring, and generally a more socially content breed of supporter you are just not going to get that edgy atmosphere anymore except maybe for the big games.

Having said that there are plenty of clubs where the fans do make a fair bit of noise, it takes a bit of effort and a genuine love for the team rather than an expectation to be entertained and win, which is what a lot of current united fans expect at every game and i think we all know that if united became a mid table team with a scrappy game droves of them would stop going. Might not be a bad thing.

Unread 27-10-2007, 10:01 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Its crap.Nobody sings.No-one knows any songs apart from 'who are ya' which was belted out again.People in my row and the row in front not even clapping when a sub is being made just sat there like a bunch of stiffs.So glad i dont have a season ticket anymore.Waste of time the @#%&!s.
were you there in 68 when Sven Vath had the crowd going? no

get to £#%&! you day tripping @#%&!

Unread 28-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
were you there in 68 when Sven Vath had the crowd going? no

get to £#%&! you day tripping @#%&!
OK

Unread 28-10-2007, 12:14 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
OK
sarcasm mate

Unread 28-10-2007, 01:37 AM
wonky no

atmos is not lost yet, there are far more negatives than possitives but when boro scored today there was an instant scream of 'united' that was sung by most stands in the ground,i don't mean by everyone in every stand i mean by the £#%&!ing passionate fans in each stand.

the atmos is still there, it's evident in aways. the thing is when you sing you shouldn't be singing for the crowd you should sing for the shirts. what i mean is, it isn't about getting a song going it's about singing because you want to sing and if you want to sing you will.

where i was today,i got a reaction, a few joined in with me but if i hadn't started singing they probably wouldn't have. i can't remember what it was now but i could here the scoreboard singing so i did too because i wanted the shirts to hear it, does that sound stupid?

a match day these days is what you make it
Closed Thread