United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-06-2018, 06:49 PM
ScarFace

Cool Ryan Giggs: Hard Man

Ryan Giggs reveals bust-up he had with Iran World Cup boss Carlos Queiroz

"we didn’t get off to a great start if I’m honest."

“My first training session with Carlos, he’s organising something in training and he turns to me and says ‘Giggs, I want you to do this’.

"“And there was a little giggle around, all the team-mates had a laugh. ‘Don’t call him Giggs, it’s either Ryan or Giggsy’.

“So when you hear the giggle it just gets your back up a little bit.

I said ‘listen mate, it’s Giggsy or Ryan’. So we didn’t get off to a great start, but a great coach.”

Unread 15-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Drexl

I actually disliked him when I saw him say it

Unread 15-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Jack Duckworth

Unread 15-06-2018, 06:54 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I actually disliked him when I saw him say it
Why would he tell that story? Zero self-awareness. Probably still had his sister in laws juice on him.

Unread 15-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Why would he tell that story? Zero self-awareness. Probably still had his sister in laws juice on him.
He did the old "thigh slap" on slavan bilic as though "yeah you understand mate"

Would sniff his fingers though

Unread 15-06-2018, 07:04 PM
Cream

'ow about we go weeth £#%&!ga? Eh? You know, because you £#%&! your sisters, yes?'

That's how I'd have handled it.

Unread 15-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Ethers

Giggs had a bit of a reputation round town back in the day, can certainly handle himself put it that way.

Unread 15-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Giggs had a bit of a reputation round town back in the day, can certainly handle himself put it that way.
I bet he is hard as coffin nails.

Unread 15-06-2018, 07:29 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Unread 15-06-2018, 07:46 PM
sa7

Quote:
Apparently had some right scrotey mates around Swinton.

I did enjoy the story of him sparking out Martin Edwards’ son after the European Cup final in 99.

Unread 15-06-2018, 08:15 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Apparently had some right scrotey mates around Swinton.

I did enjoy the story of him sparking out Martin Edwards’ son after the European Cup final in 99.
Pray tell, I've not heard this, was Edwards jnr looking under the toilet do it whilst Ryan/Giggsy was having a nosh from David May's missus?

Unread 15-06-2018, 08:28 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
'ow about we go weeth £#%&!ga? Eh? You know, because you £#%&! your sisters, yes?'

That's how I'd have handled it.
You can’t handle a mouse

Unread 15-06-2018, 09:20 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mull
Pray tell, I've not heard this, was Edwards jnr looking under the toilet do it whilst Ryan/Giggsy was having a nosh from David May's missus?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rn-Munich.html

Quote:
DAVID MAY

I saw the trophy on a chair and thought, 'I'm having that'. So I picked it up, and the rest is history. I ended up in half the pictures. Although I didn't play in the final, I was proud of my contribution to the Treble. I've been criticised for getting in the trophy photos and part of me regrets doing it. But then another part of me thinks, '£#%&! 'em'. What would people do in the same circumstances?

The lads joked about it. I didn't kick a ball in Europe all season, so the medal doesn't mean anything to me. The party afterwards was a brilliant night. Simon Le Bon couldn't get in and Ryan Giggs had a fight with Martin Edwards' son and sparked him. I could relive that night every other night for the rest of my life.

Unread 15-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Or. his minders could. Almost impossible to batter the bastard.

Unread 15-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Or. his minders could. Almost impossible to batter the bastard.
That is the greatest post ive ever seen

Unread 15-06-2018, 10:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Yikes. Talk about not the best of starts. Surprised they were able to be in the same room after that.

Unread 15-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yikes. Talk about not the best of starts. Surprised they were able to be in the same room after that.

Unread 15-06-2018, 10:19 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Love Maysie tbh. He's all of us if we were lucky enough to be there.

Unread 15-06-2018, 10:38 PM
suedeshoes

May is a blue @#%&!.

Unread 15-06-2018, 11:02 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
May is a blue @#%&!.
With a ECL megul*

l hope he and N.B. are the only ones for many years to come TBPH

* not including Kiddo
Closed Thread