United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Willian and a central defender or two will make us genuine contenders for the title. Couldn’t care less that he’s ancient at 29. We have a good balance of ages in the squad.

Mourinho knows what it would take for this united squad to win titles. The board should back him if they share that ambition.

Unread 27-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Willian and a central defender or two will make us genuine contenders for the title. Couldn’t care less that he’s ancient at 29. We have a good balance of ages in the squad.

Mourinho knows what it would take for this united squad to win titles. The board should back him if they share that ambition.
2 more centre halves? Are you on £#%&!ing drugs?

Or is this you, Jose?

Stockpiling centre backs ffs

Unread 27-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Cream

Quote:
Taking a bit of a gamble if we’re not replacing shaw or Valencia, but we’re not far off. There should be a synergetic effect on the team with the addition of those two players.

Unread 27-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
2 more centre halves? Are you on £#%&!ing drugs?

Or is this you, Jose?

Stockpiling centre backs ffs
Who said anything about stockpiling? I’d happily sell 3 that we have. It would be a mistake for the club to sell before it could buy because it gives leverage to the player. Get their replacements, and tell jones, smalling or rojo they won’t get a look in as a result.

Unread 27-07-2018, 03:24 PM
dunk

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 27-07-2018, 03:34 PM
ScarFace

We will sign this £#%&!er. Chelsea £#%&!ed up pushing Barca too far and want rid still. Anything about £50mil for a guy 30 next week is shocking.

Unread 27-07-2018, 03:42 PM
Vedder

Thumbs down

140+ million for this @#%&! and Maguire fold the club ffs

Unread 27-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Jethro

Would be an excellent signing

Unread 27-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Pop

I just can't get my head round the recent trend of transfer fees hitting fifty, sixty, seventy million quid. And for players who aren't genuine world class talents. I'm still stuck in the days of Zidane being flogged for forty million.

This guy and KD Lang for a possible sum of £125m is ludicrous. I don't know where it's going to end.

Unread 27-07-2018, 04:11 PM
n48

Final piece of the Mou Mou title jigsaw

Grant
Big Maggers
Will i am
Lukkers

#spine

Unread 27-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
exactly. Embarrassing.

I could name 20 players in seconds i'd rather have than £#%&!ing Willian ffs

Unread 27-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I just can't get my head round the recent trend of transfer fees hitting fifty, sixty, seventy million quid. And for players who aren't genuine world class talents. I'm still stuck in the days of Zidane being flogged for forty million.

This guy and KD Lang for a possible sum of £125m is ludicrous. I don't know where it's going to end.

The jump last year was ridiculous. Transfer fees had plateaued for a long period, maybe 10 years, with the odd exception, to a point were £40-£50 million could still get high end quality. Now it is a fee for a quality squad player. Pogba would be £140+ million plus this year, kind of annoying that when Utd were outspending everyone in Europe outside of PSG between 2014-16 that they wasted so much when the market was not as crazy as now.

Unread 27-07-2018, 05:40 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
exactly. Embarrassing.

I could name 20 players in seconds i'd rather have than f***ing Willian ffs
Sounds fun, ok then. Seeing as he'd be for the right wing, name 20 right wing options you'd have ahead of Willian. Go..

You can take more than your boasted 20 seconds, thats fine.

Unread 27-07-2018, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

It will end with some sort of crash, but when?

Unread 27-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
We will sign this £#%&!er. Chelsea £#%&!ed up pushing Barca too far and want rid still. Anything about £50mil for a guy 30 next week is shocking.
The glazers spent 40m one summer 10 years ago restructuring united’s debt. In comparison to our income now, that’s probably the equivalent of 150m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
When clubs like united don’t attract a 500m yearly income. Even the shittest premier league team will get around 100m in tv money this season. Anyone would think transfer fees were an independent entity clubs pull out of their arse.

Unread 27-07-2018, 11:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Yep.

Unread 28-07-2018, 09:36 AM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Sounds fun, ok then. Seeing as he'd be for the right wing, name 20 right wing options you'd have ahead of Willian. Go..

You can take more than your boasted 20 seconds, thats fine.

Unread 28-07-2018, 09:43 AM
puressence

Wait till Cahill joins

Unread 28-07-2018, 09:46 AM
dunk

Christian Pulisic is available, apparently. Around the same price. 20 years old, bags of talent, RW, American so helps on the marketing side... Liverpool and Chelsea sniffing, we’ll probably buy Willian and help Chelsea pay for Pulisic

Unread 28-07-2018, 10:28 AM
djsst

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Christian Pulisic is available, apparently. Around the same price. 20 years old, bags of talent, RW, American so helps on the marketing side... Liverpool and Chelsea sniffing, we’ll probably buy Willian and help Chelsea pay for Pulisic
He fits the klopp tactic of run like mad bastards perfectly.

Closed Thread