United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2022, 11:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He can’t do anything without £200 million
And some decent scouts, and the ability to have the final say on things.

Unread 07-03-2022, 12:57 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
We're an absolute shambles but want to check if one of the best coaches in Europe has his GCSE England.

https://twitter.com/ManUnitedZone_/s...94622929817611
Do you mean GCSE English?

Unread 07-03-2022, 01:49 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
*Wah shield up*

Deliberate

*Wah shield down*

Unread 07-03-2022, 09:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

Unread 07-03-2022, 09:33 AM
dinger

No way ETH is taking this job, no one with any sense, pride or gumption is going to want to have their name associated with this circus. Poch it is

Unread 07-03-2022, 09:53 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
No way ETH is taking this job, no one with any sense, pride or gumption is going to want to have their name associated with this circus. Poch it is
Agree.

I reckon he wants to be Peps successor anyway.

As of Poch I reckon he’ll be off to Madrid

We’ll probably either keep Ralf or go for Ancelotti.

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:26 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
100% don’t blame him.

Finish out the top 4 you have 4/5 strikers potentially leaving .

Pogba , lingard Henderson matic mata all leaving

(I want them to go) but then you have Man Utd’s world class recruitment trying to sign players .

He should stay at Ajax for a season then take the city job or even go for the Madrid role. Or even Barcelona , not sure if Xavi is just there as an interim but they have all that cryuff football embedded in their culture and ethos already. Easy fit

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:27 AM
Jethro

If we're shipping out as many as it seems we'd be left with a squad of kids. £#%&! it, they may actually listen

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:29 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
If we're shipping out as many as it seems we'd be left with a squad of kids. £#%&! it, they may actually listen
I dunno our last batch of academy players turned out to be rashford, greenwood , The Scottish Player , pogba, lingard. They’re all arseholes in their own individual way

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:30 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
We'd be lucky to get him at this rate.

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:32 AM
Bunker Buster

This is all Im clinging to now.....

Might just bin it all off if it's Poch or Carlo.....

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:34 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I rather have ralf than Pochettino.

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:40 AM
redhegemony

If you go to a mega successful club you can't really make your own mark and you don't get the same credit. Revive a giant and you become an absolute legend, see some bloke called Ferguson.

If he doesn't fancy the challenge he's not the right man.

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:41 AM
Pop

I'd rather have piles than Pochettino.

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:42 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
If you go to a mega successful club you can't really make your own mark and you don't get the same credit. Revive a giant and you become an absolute legend, see some bloke called Ferguson.

If he doesn't fancy the challenge he's not the right man.
There’s a challenge and then there’s being handicapped by the board above you and the players underneath you. It’s a poison chalice.

The club needs to get rid of a tonne of players and make the right signings . They can’t even do one of the two during a good window. These things would also take time and he just wouldn’t get it

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:47 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

If it's Poch I'd be interested to see if he could polish a squad full of turds, or whether his stint at Spurs was a one off.

If it's Carlo then we've officially given up as a club.

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:59 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
There’s a challenge and then there’s being handicapped by the board above you and the players underneath you. It’s a poison chalice.

The club needs to get rid of a tonne of players and make the right signings . They can’t even do one of the two during a good window. These things would also take time and he just wouldn’t get it
Surely the whole point of RRs consultancy role is to advise the Board on the manager, players and strategy. He doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke to pull his punches so you'd hope the Board would be under no illusions about what's needed.

The new manager won't be either so the Board has to buy into the strategy and appoint someone who can deliver if they don't they know the consequences. Arnold has a chance to make his mark as well.

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:02 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Surely the whole point of RRs consultancy role is to advise the Board on the manager, players and strategy. He doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke to pull his punches so you'd hope the Board would be under no illusions about what's needed.

The new manager won't be either so the Board has to buy into the strategy and appoint someone who can deliver if they don't they know the consequences. Arnold has a chance to make his mark as well.
Neville made a good point yday. Ok ralf won’t be here in the summer but do these idiots not realise he will be taking notes and stuff and passing it onto the hire ups.

I suppose the players know the board won’t ever make big huge changes because it costs money.

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:21 AM
armchair

Within three weeks the players will be leaking about how training isn't the United way.

Players need to be binned. Jones needs to be out of the club. He sends the message that you don't have to actually play games. So many players have that attitude. That they've arrived at United and there's nothing more to be done.

It sickens me that a guy that's won nothing (Maguire) is setting the tone at United. Lecturing us after loses that that's not the United way. The guy is a journeyman at best.

Unread 07-03-2022, 11:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Within three weeks the players will be leaking about how training isn't the United way.

Players need to be binned. Jones needs to be out of the club. He sends the message that you don't have to actually play games. So many players have that attitude. That they've arrived at United and there's nothing more to be done.
This.

I can’t believe how much stronger and fitter the opposition always are. £#%&!ing Silva and Foden were knocking our players over at will there’s no drive, no desire, no nothing. They look like they’re playing within themselves from minute 1 to ensure they’re not £#%&!ed by half time. It’s appalling. The individual effort and responsibility from the players is completely non-existent.
Closed Thread