United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2010, 09:20 PM
treme

Default Re: Verm v L'Arse

That blunder by Reina won me £35 - karma after Burnley equalising in the 90th minutes yesterday cost me £60!

Unread 15-08-2010, 09:20 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
tyler

'liverpool closing in on what would be an historic victory'.

Have I missed something?
I couldn't believe my eyes when I heard that...what a #@&%!.

Unread 15-08-2010, 09:25 PM
andyroo

Histrionic victory, more like.

£#%&! them both. Perfect result, vermin #@&%!ing it up in the last minute and Arse celebrating a lucky draw like it's a win.

Unread 15-08-2010, 10:20 PM
dragflick

Question Re: Verm v L'Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
I couldn't believe my eyes when I heard that...what a #@&%!.
Ermm.. You wanna say that again?!

Unread 15-08-2010, 10:30 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Ermm.. You wanna say that again?!

What's the problem? You've had a mare there. Couldn't believe my ears when I saw you'd quoted my post
:-)

Unread 16-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Those kind of 'scissor tackles' where a player leaves the floor, jumping in, are nearly always a straight red.Look at Ronaldo's at City where he jumped in, didnt even make contact but still got sent off.Very dangerous tackle.

Agree with the rest, Cole is awful yet the Verm have treated his signing like it's won them the title
£#%&! off. How long have you been watching the game if you think that's a red. 5 years ago it would hardly have been a yellow.
Never a sending off, and Ronaldo was sent off because he proper lunged and jumped, even though he didn't make contact there was still malice and intent.

Unread 16-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
£#%&! off. How long have you been watching the game if you think that's a red. 5 years ago it would hardly have been a yellow.
Never a sending off, and Ronaldo was sent off because he proper lunged and jumped, even though he didn't make contact there was still malice and intent.
Never a sending off?

He left a "egg sized lump" on the guys shin, had both feet off the ground & took out his standing leg. It could have broken his leg if the tension had manifested itself slightly differently.

Shocking challenge & most definitely should be outlawed.

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Mr Kaboom

"I have seen the TV replays and they suggest he is a little bit unlucky. He didn't dive at the player, he dived in front of the ball, and their player got his legs twisted in that,"

Woy's view. Bizarre.

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:10 AM
dodger

Quote:
£#%&! off. How long have you been watching the game if you think that's a red. 5 years ago it would hardly have been a yellow.Never a sending off, and Ronaldo was sent off because he proper lunged and jumped, even though he didn't make contact there was still malice and intent.
And twenty years ago the ref would have given him a kiss. We don't live the past though and in the present it's a red.

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:35 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

If they appeal and it's rejected, will he get another game added to his ban?

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:39 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
No, 'cos the FA have to decide it was a "frivolous" appeal. Will they do that with the Vermin?? Don't hold your breath

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Baron

Are they actually appealing that?

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:46 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Are they actually appealing that?
There's talk they might.

Fully expecting them to reject if so and give him a extra one for "wasting there time" but that's the rules, and they always stick to them do the FA.

No matter what level of football, it's a red card

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Ginners

definitely a red but doesnt deserve a 3 game ban for that

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:47 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Yep, 4 for wasting there time.

Unread 16-08-2010, 12:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
No because the FA guidelines clearly state that only Manchester United FC can be charged with a 'frivolous appeal'

Unread 16-08-2010, 12:18 PM
dodger

Quote:
Isn't the sanction for a straight red?

Unread 16-08-2010, 01:25 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Seems like it's you who needs to '£#%&! off' and it also seems you're in a very small minority of people who think it wasn't a red. How you can imply that Ronaldo's was more of a sending off, is simply bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Never a sending off?

He left a "egg sized lump" on the guys shin, had both feet off the ground & took out his standing leg. It could have broken his leg if the tension had manifested itself slightly differently.

Shocking challenge & most definitely should be outlawed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
And twenty years ago the ref would have given him a kiss. We don't live the past though and in the present it's a red.
Exactly.

Quote:
Straight red for a deemed wreckless challenge that causes an injury or is likely too, is an automatic 3 game ban.I think, anyway.

Unread 16-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Switching Off

Definitely one that could go either way and people willhave differing opinions. Of course, in an ideal world, you'd all just accept that it was touch and go and stop getting angry at each other because somebody doesn't agree with you.

I went on RAWK and it was 50/50 between whether it was a red or not.

fwiw imho it was. He deserved it for tucking his shirt in and wearing sandals and trackies for his photo op. Oh, and turning us down for them. Was Bernie Mandic involved?

Anyway, he should get an extra one game ban for a frivolous appeal but he won't because the FA will probably overturn it anyway.

Unread 16-08-2010, 01:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Definitely one that could go either way and people willhave differing opinions. Of course, in an ideal world, you'd all just accept that it was touch and go and stop getting angry at each other because somebody doesn't agree with you.

I went on RAWK and it was 50/50 between whether it was a red or not.

fwiw imho it was. He deserved it for tucking his shirt in and wearing sandals and trackies for his photo op. Oh, and turning us down for them. Was Bernie Mandic involved?

Anyway, he should get an extra one game ban for a frivolous appeal but he won't because the FA will probably overturn it anyway.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Offffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread