United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-11-2009, 08:54 PM
wonky no

Default Re: The Notorious P.I.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
id love to know the spine of your ideal united 11.
just ask

Unread 28-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
kuzsack would have a chance of being vds successor if he could play like he did consistently, today he was superb, don't know if he can keep up that kind of performance though, never seemed up to now to inspire confidence in his defenders, if he sorts that out you never know.
That's the key for me, he looked solid today, handled really well in the wet and made some cracking saves. On other occasions he's looked like a rabbit in the headlights, if he can play with a level of consistency I'd feel confident in him as our long term no.1

Unread 28-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
foster is a far better 'keeper than nutsack, when they've both had the same experience i'll judge again.
At this moment Krusty is far better. Foster can't play a game without a major gaffe (not all of which end in a goal) and his overall athleticism (jumping, diving, explosiveness) is poor for the top flight.

Unread 28-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
At this moment Krusty is far better. Foster can't play a game without a major gaffe (not all of which end in a goal) and his overall athleticism (jumping, diving, explosiveness) is poor for the top flight.
yup. nutsack £#%&!ed up one kick, apart from that he was pretty great

Unread 28-11-2009, 09:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
kuzsack would have a chance of being vds successor if he could play like he did consistently, today he was superb, don't know if he can keep up that kind of performance though, never seemed up to now to inspire confidence in his defenders, if he sorts that out you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
That's the key for me, he looked solid today, handled really well in the wet and made some cracking saves. On other occasions he's looked like a rabbit in the headlights, if he can play with a level of consistency I'd feel confident in him as our long term no.1
You have to bare in mind that in the 3 years or so he has been here, he has played what, 10-15 games a season? Invariably behind a different back 4 each time, and besides that he hasn't played an awful lot of football at all. But whenever he has been called upon his shot stopping and reactions have always been good. The only problems with his game are his commanding of the area, dealing with crosses, kicking and rushes of blood when in 1v1 situations. All of those weakness' are sorted by playing regular games, with a consistent defence, with the exception of the kicking.

If he were to play regularly, he would prove a capable No.1. I feel his kicking will always mean we are looking for someone else though.

The same Can't be aid for Foster, who has serious physical and technical flaws to go with the same issues PIG has.

PIG has more experience than Foster and was fantastic for West Brom in the main and was challenging for the Polish No.1 Jersey before we relegated him to a bit part player. The problem with the perception of him amongst United fans is where he was purchased from and the fact that he is judged on his infrequent performances in weakened United teams.

If we were to sell a keeper, it should be Foster. If someone is daft enough to pay £8m for him, snatch their hands off. He will be a keeper that looks good a lot of the time, but is deceiving everyone.

Unread 28-11-2009, 09:11 PM
wiganste

Kuszack was outstanding today. 4 or 5 top saves plus one incredible one near the end.

His kicking is shit but his shot stopping is superb.

Unread 28-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
all he needs to do is explode once and I'd be happy

Unread 28-11-2009, 09:33 PM
wonky no

foster has kept us in quite a few games this season. i know he's made mistakes but it's his debut season. he's pulled off some remarkable saves.

Unread 28-11-2009, 09:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
he's pulled off some remarkable saves.
He really hasn't. He has made some good/ordinary saves look remarkable to due to his physical and technical short comings. Grimson has explained it perfectly in relation to Shay Given in another thread somewhere.

His best save was against Arsenal, with his feet, he knew £#%&! all about it, just followed the ball and got lucky.

Unread 28-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Charlie Harper

I don't think I've been to a game where 3 pens were given (and converted).

The Portsmouth penalty was given for a foul by Vidic. As he jumped, Vidic was still on the ground pulling the Pompey player's shirt which must have stretched about 2 foot before pulling him down.

I had a discussion with someone on the way back, he was saying "it shouldn't have been given as it goes on all the time, if that should be given, then there would be 10 on each side in every game". My version is there would be only 2 - as soon as the players realise it's going to be punished, they'll stop it.

I agree with Fletcher's moan that United should have had another in the first half for handball, as Fletcher had been punished for it in the centre circle a few minutes before. So it should have been 4.

As for MoTM, Nutsack has a shout, made some good saves but didn't kick that well. But it has to be Valencia for me.
Closed Thread