United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Like a rabbit in the headlights since he arrived. It happens. It's why judging the character of players is so important before buying them, something we apparently just stopped doing approx. 2008.
Absolutely this.

One of the most disappointing aspects of LVG. A manager who prides himself in 'training the brain' yet bought a lot of players who are mental piss.

Depay. He worked with him. He's been shit and looks lost. Wtf.

Schneiderlen strikes me as the kind of player wed be linked with under Fergie because he ticks the boxes of what we need....
But we wouldn't go for him and everyone would wonder why we never went for him.

Or something.

Unread 14-12-2016, 08:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Absolutely this.

One of the most disappointing aspects of LVG. A manager who prides himself in 'training the brain' yet bought a lot of players who are mental piss.

Depay. He worked with him. He's been shit and looks lost. Wtf.

Schneiderlen strikes me as the kind of player wed be linked with under Fergie because he ticks the boxes of what we need....
But we wouldn't go for him and everyone would wonder why we never went for him.

Or something.
I'm not sure there would have been anything about the guy at Southampton that would have excluded him on a mentality basis though. Always seemed well up for it there. In fairness to him -and training aside- he hasn't really had much of a crack under Mourinho so far.

I simply cannot countenance the notion that he is worse than Fellaini.

Unread 14-12-2016, 08:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I'm not sure there would have been anything about the guy at Southampton that would have excluded him on a mentality basis though. Always seemed well up for it there
He really wanted to come here as well. Bit of a strange one, for sure.

Unread 14-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I'm not sure there would have been anything about the guy at Southampton that would have excluded him on a mentality basis though. Always seemed well up for it there. In fairness to him -and training aside- he hasn't really had much of a crack under Mourinho so far.

I simply cannot countenance the notion that he is worse than Fellaini.
I suppose it's more than what we see on the pitch.

Maybe he's just shrunk. Who knows. He's much better than Fellaini, but if he isn't doing it in training, if José doesn't think he's up to it, then he needs to go. He seemed to feature a little more earlier in the season. There's a place for him too. He should be Carrick's replacement and he's totally £#%&!ing it up. He's somehow behind Schweinstiger in the pecking order now. Didn't think that was possible. I think I'm next pick after that.

Unread 14-12-2016, 11:59 PM
dunk

£24m deal to Everton nearly done, apparently...

Unread 15-12-2016, 12:00 AM
AK14

Quote:
Good

Coward

How much did we pay for him, 28m?

Unread 15-12-2016, 12:01 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Good

Coward

How much did we pay for him, 28m?
yep.

stunned we've got that much tbh

Unread 15-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Clarkie

Read something recently that his reaction to the EL home defeat, against Liverpool last March, was basically along the lines of, "Meh so what?"

Apparently that did not sit well with some members in the squad

Personally, I hope he did react like that....Purely because it would mean he's actually done something since joining us

Unread 15-12-2016, 01:23 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Read something recently that his reaction to the EL home defeat, against Liverpool last March, was basically along the lines of, "Meh so what?"

Apparently that did not sit well with some members in the squad

Personally, I hope he did react like that....Purely because it would mean he's actually done something since joining us
If that's true someone should've broken his teeth

Unread 15-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Sapien

Quote:
You missed the decimal point.
Closed Thread