United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Serenity Now

Also, he didn't say that he'd like to play in Spain, he said that maybe one day he might play in Spain. And in virtually every interview he's done since coming to United when he's been asked about his future, including interviews subsequent to this one, he's said that plans to move back to Boca when he finishes at United.

Obviously that can change - the club could decide that they don't want to extend his contract, we could bring in a new striker and bench him, or Fergie could decide to sell him - but I know for a fact that he's very happy at United and that he's been extremely impressed by how professionally the club is run.

Unread 01-06-2008, 06:59 AM
borsuk

the thickness of some fans with regards to the media really should have ceased to amaze by now, i suppose, but i still find myself bemused by this sort of thing. give me five minutes to talk to any footballer and i'll get half a dozen quotes of this kind out of them.

of course, you don't even need to talk to the player. 'sources close to' or some nutty godfather will do fine.

people bang on about abuism in the media and then can't see it when it's right in front of their nose. we've just won the premiership - european cup double and since the game finished there's been an endless stream of disruptive stories in the media. anyone noticed the flood of articles about all the arsenal players leaving or threatening to leave? or the articles about benitez's position being under threat after the club goes backwards yet again? or wenger's, following another year of serial failure in all competitions? or the laughing stock that chelsea is well on the way to becoming with roman starting to pick the team and then sack the manager when it doesn't work?

nope, what we get is story after story trying to drive wedges between players and fans. and you lot lap it all up.

*shakes head in sympathy*

Unread 01-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the thickness of some fans with regards to the media really should have ceased to amaze by now, i suppose, but i still find myself bemused by this sort of thing. give me five minutes to talk to any footballer and i'll get half a dozen quotes of this kind out of them.

of course, you don't even need to talk to the player. 'sources close to' or some nutty godfather will do fine.

people bang on about abuism in the media and then can't see it when it's right in front of their nose. we've just won the premiership - european cup double and since the game finished there's been an endless stream of disruptive stories in the media. anyone noticed the flood of articles about all the arsenal players leaving or threatening to leave? or the articles about benitez's position being under threat after the club goes backwards yet again? or wenger's, following another year of serial failure in all competitions? or the laughing stock that chelsea is well on the way to becoming with roman starting to pick the team and then sack the manager when it doesn't work?

nope, what we get is story after story trying to drive wedges between players and fans. and you lot lap it all up.

*shakes head in sympathy*

Unread 01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

some thick @#%&!s posted shit on this thread.

none more so than the thread starter. tosser. :shakehead:

Unread 01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
redmike

This thread is utter £#%&!ing shit heavily influenced by beverages of the alcohol variety me thinks..

NFT

Unread 01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
dunk

Carlos wants a 5 year deal, sooner rather than later. I would imagine the poor lad is sick of moving around and living in hotels and wants to buy a house and learn the language properly, it probably doesn't feel like he's settled with only a year left on a 2 year loan. Until he signs the permanent deal anything could happen in his eyes, so he is exactly right in what he says.

Get him £#%&!ing signed and stop messing about.

Unread 01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierra Del Fuego
some thick @#%&!s posted shit on this thread.

you can say that again

#@&%!
Closed Thread