United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2008, 09:51 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs down Uh Oh! Fergie

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4040513.ece

twenty threads calling him a @#%&!, five bannings and a ferie out flag being brought out of the mothballs.

Unread 31-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Mr_Ed

Bit harsh from the Wiz... However no player is bigger than the club. If he does put in a transfer request we'd may as well get the wedge for him so we can re-invest it.

Unread 31-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Why Don?

What's wrong with that?

I'd rather he was dropped than sold to Madrid.

Unread 31-05-2008, 09:58 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
What's wrong with that?

ahem, no problem with that part but his praise of the glazers isn't going to go down well, is it?

chorleyred

he's probably on about the 'the glazers have been brilliant owners'

it sells newspapers.

Spiffy

What a £#%&!er Fergie is

Quote:
Ferguson, though, is confident his bosses will back his fight to keep his star and hada message for supporters who fought against the Americans’ takeover in 2005. “They (the Glazers) have been good to this club. They’ve been brilliant owners,” he said. “All the nonsense about them taking the club over and putting it in debt . . . every takeover is done by debt. If I wanted to buy Marks & Spencer do you think I could just go under the floorboards and pull out £3bn? No, I’d go to the Bank of Scotland.”
Completely different things entirely. He's assuming the Glazer's had a right to own us and putting hundreds of millions of pounds worth of debt on the club was inevitable. It wasn't. We didn't need the Glazers and we didn't need the debt.

Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
What's wrong with that?

I think the thread author was hinting towards the Glazer comments at the end there.

Don't think there's anything shocking about dropping Ronaldo should he disrespect the club, which I very much doubt he will, if he does though i'd rather just sell him.

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:00 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
I think the thread author was hinting towards the Glazer comments at the end there.

Don't think there's anything shocking about dropping Ronaldo should he disrespect the club, which I very much doubt he will, if he does though i'd rather just sell him.

yeth, i have a lips tonite

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Zorg

2005:

"There's a stronger rapport between the club and the fans than there has ever been. We are both of a common denominator; we don't want the club to be in anyone else's hands. That is the way the club stands with that. I support that."

"I have always tried to be the bridge between the club and the fans and I have tried to support the fans in a lot of their pleas and causes."

"I urge everyone to become members of Shareholders United, it is important for Fans to have a say in their club"

2008:

"They (the Glazers) have been good to this club. They’ve been brilliant owners. All the nonsense about them taking the club over and putting it in debt . . . every takeover is done by debt. If I wanted to buy Marks & Spencer do you think I could just go under the floorboards and pull out £3bn? No, I’d go to the Bank of Scotland.'"

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:02 PM
chorleyred

I prefer to ignore what he says to the media.

the bloke has just won the league and european cup for us, as well as many many other trophies, the one thing he deserves is respect for what he has given us.

imo of course

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
2005:

"I have always tried to be the bridge between the club and the fans and I have tried to support the fans in a lot of their pleas and causes."

2008:

"They (the Glazers) have been good to this club. They’ve been brilliant owners. All the nonsense about them taking the club over and putting it in debt . . . every takeover is done by debt. If I wanted to buy Marks & Spencer do you think I could just go under the floorboards and pull out £3bn? No, I’d go to the Bank of Scotland.'"

2007:

"If you don't like it, £#%&! off and watch Chelsea"

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I prefer to ignore what he says to the media.

the bloke has just won the league and european cup for us, as well as many many other trophies, the one thing he deserves is respect for what he has given us.

imo of course
Good manager, @#%&! of a man.

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:10 PM
chorleyred

the only thing we know for sure is that time will tell who is right or wrong

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:12 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
that's one

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

So what did you want him to do? Resign?

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
2007:

"If you don't like it, £#%&! off and watch Chelsea"
that was 2009 wasn't it? still, i'm sure the bloke in question will get over it at some point

Anyway, as I was saying: there are people on this forum who are desperate to convince us that this Ronaldo %@#$&!s is all Madrid/Marca/pay rise related.

But maybe one of you could point out in that Times piece exactly where Ferguson says anything remotely like the banner they've used for a headline

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:24 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
that was 2009 wasn't it? still, i'm sure the bloke in question will get over it at some point

Anyway, as I was saying: there are people on this forum who are desperate to convince us that this Ronaldo %@#$&!s is all Madrid/Marca/pay rise related.

But maybe one of you could point out in that Times piece exactly where Ferguson says anything remotely like the banner they've used for a headline

Are you the forum clairvoyant or something?

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Are you the forum clairvoyant or something?
what do you need to know?

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
So what did you want him to do? Resign?
Shut the £#%&! up about how great the Glazer's are would be nice. They've ripped our club apart.

If you had to choose between Fergie and his pro Glazer comments and his resignation, I'd take his resignation every time. I'd rather see the back of the Glazer's next year then win the treble. I don't think you do, do you?

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Shut the £#%&! up about how great the Glazer's are would be nice. They've ripped our club apart.

If you had to choose between Fergie and his pro Glazer comments and his resignation, I'd take his resignation every time. I'd rather see the back of the Glazer's next year then win the treble. I don't think you do, do you?
So would you be happy for someone to takeover from the Glazers but for the debt to remain?
Closed Thread