Unread 31-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
can one of you chief scouts link me up with a video of gomez please
[youtube]mhAi3TPKqNw[/youtube]

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:58 PM
dunk

I think we need an attack minded midfielder who can operate from wide positions more than a RB, tbh.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:03 PM
MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think we need an attack minded midfielder who can operate from wide positions more than a RB, tbh.
Any ideas who?

It seems we might be getting that Ramsey from Cardiff for the future, but who are you thinking that could come in and improve what we already have?

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC
Any ideas who?

It seems we might be getting that Ramsey from Cardiff for the future, but who are you thinking that could come in and improve what we already have?
I don't know, sadly, but with Scholes on the wane, I really wouldn't like to think we are pinning our hopes for forward thrust from midfield squarely on the Shoulders of Anderson. Don't get me wrong, he will be one of the best in the World, but if he is unavailable or suffers a bit of 2nd season syndrome, there really isn't much in the way of attacking threat from Carrick, Fletcher and Hargreaves.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't know, sadly, but with Scholes on the wane, I really wouldn't like to think we are pinning our hopes for forward thrust from midfield squarely on the Shoulders of Anderson. Don't get me wrong, he will be one of the best in the World, but if he is unavailable or suffers a bit of 2nd season syndrome, there really isn't much in the way of attacking threat from Carrick, Fletcher and Hargreaves.
bloody hell, i was making allowances for nani and Anderson last season cus it was their first.

surely they'll both be better?

not that they were bad, but I want more, and definately not less.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
bloody hell, i was making allowances for nani and Anderson last season cus it was their first.

surely they'll both be better?

not that they were bad, but I want more, and definately not less.
Well, yes.

But do you rally want to take that risk with Anderson?

Not so bad Nani, There are options in his position,there are few in Anderson's or Alternatives.

The goal record from the centre of our midfield this year was awful, as was the assist record, they just weren't a threat.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Well, yes.

But do you rally want to take that risk with Anderson?

Not so bad Nani, There are options in his position,there are few in Anderson's or Alternatives.

The goal record from the centre of our midfield this year was awful, as was the assist record, they just weren't a threat.
spoke about this all season - it did gradually improve and by the end they'd turned their slightly increased threat into a few goals

i'm hoping it was more a tactical problem tbh. A front 3 netting 80 goals is not something you really want to be compromising, and so hopefully the gradual tweaking will continue and we'll eventually get a few more goals from centre mid.

Who knows, a bit of shooting practice could help as well!

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:39 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
last season was our best season in terms of football played and we rarely struggled with goals.
scholes scored one league goal in this season so id say his midfield "thrust" wont be missed too much. especially when he is now as deep as anyone..

our midfield was possibly the best in the league and the best in recent times controlling games at anfield, the emirates etc..
id say it has enough forward thrust and what isnt broken shouldnt be fixed.

Quote:
suffers a bit of 2nd season syndrome
he isnt due a good game for another year imo. needs to settle to play on par with gareth barry and co.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Rafael Van Der Vaart

NFT

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
last season was our best season in terms of football played and we rarely struggled with goals.
scholes scored one league goal in this season so id say his midfield "thrust" wont be missed too much. especially when he is now as deep as anyone..

our midfield was possibly the best in the league and the best in recent times controlling games at anfield, the emirates etc..
id say it has enough forward thrust and what isnt broken shouldnt be fixed.

he isnt due a good game for another year imo. needs to settle to play on par with gareth barry and co.
That is a very strange statement Marlo, or were you only referring to the games in which Anderson played?

We struggled for goals on a fair few occasions. I would imagine it will be even harder next year with teams looking to cut off the goal supply from our front 3.

Unread 01-06-2008, 12:08 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
That is a very strange statement Marlo, or were you only referring to the games in which Anderson played?

We struggled for goals on a fair few occasions. I would imagine it will be even harder next year with teams looking to cut off the goal supply from our front 3.
yep something they didnt try to do this year.
maybe they could also try to penetrate our defence and score more goals against us.

p.s. we have been outplayed at anfield in midfield for the last few seasons. this year we were combatitive and deserved win the game.
you watched that game. gerrard got very irate with a certain someone. saf even refered to itat a later date

Unread 01-06-2008, 12:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
yep something they didnt try to do this year.
maybe they could also try to penetrate our defence and score more goals against us.

p.s. we have been outplayed at anfield in midfield for the last few seasons. this year we were combatitive and deserved win the game.
you watched that game. gerrard got very irate with a certain someone. saf even refered to itat a later date
We did control the midfield, we couldn't force them back though. just as we couldn't dominate and force Arsenal back, home or away, or Chelsea for that matter, with the exception of when they were down to 10 men or the 1st half of the CL final.

We need a player that opposition teams are weary of joining up with the attack from midfield. We haven't got one.

Teams next season will either put a blanket 10 at the back or will deny space to our front 3, much more than they have this year, simply because they will not what we are bringing, they didn't this year. We need another point of attack that can be called on, goals from midfield, or even chance creating from midfield would be a good start.
Closed Thread