United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Whalefish

What do Utd do if Ronaldo leaves? Just a thought.

Unread 31-05-2008, 04:13 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Messi.

Unread 31-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Messi.
Would be lovely. We're more likely to end up with Zarate.

Unread 31-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Bid £50m for Benzema and the remaining £50m for Kaka.

NFT

Unread 31-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Bid £50m for Benzema and the remaining £50m for Kaka.

NFT

Unread 31-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Blagger

out of intrest, who do you wan't at OT next year. Leaving Benzema out the picture.

Unread 31-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
out of intrest, who do you wan't at OT next year. Leaving Benzema out the picture.
Suazo or Gomez.

Rafinha at right back.

Would then enable Utd to add another defender and/or a midfielder. One who is a goal threat.

Wishful thinking but...

Unread 31-05-2008, 07:00 PM
marlo stansfield

why are we even discussing right backs.

united have signed micah richards for £22m a month after giving wes brown a new contract, 2 months after confirming gary neville will be back by the beginning of next season,3 months before bringing in those brazilan twins and a few weeks after telling simpson he will be at the club next season.

Unread 31-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Whalefish

Have they? Waste of money if they have.

Don't rate Simpson tbh and I don't think Neville will be up to much unfortunately.

Unread 31-05-2008, 07:08 PM
marlo stansfield

it also makes perfect sense.

we need a striker. we shell out 22m on richards because chelsea might sign him if we dont hurry up.

Unread 31-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Whalefish

Chelsea will probably be after two strikers too. Not a lot of top quality about either.

We do need a defender or two, not a £22million one though.

Unread 31-05-2008, 07:09 PM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we just need to keep saha fit.

Unread 31-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Can we first establish how bad Podolski is.

Unread 31-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Thiago

If we have £22m to spend on a right back then it should go on Daniel Alves, not Micah Richards. He is an absolute freak of a 19 year old and has the potential to become a truly world class centre back but with Vidic and Rio still being relatively young as a CB partnership we really don't need Richards.

If he's the only option for this position then i'd just stick it out with Brown and who knows, Maybe our captain can get through pre season and be back at full fitness for the start of the season. Then there's the twins and Danny Simpson.

The situation isn't as bad as has been reported and if the best players avaliable for this position can't be brought in then we should drop the chase.

A new striker is a bigger priority now and if it turns out we won't be going for a right back this summer then why not just put everything towards Karim Benzema? Make Lyon an offer they simply can't reject aka £30m+Saha+Silvestre or something ridiculous.

Unread 31-05-2008, 08:18 PM
marlo stansfield

leg saf what brought you back??

you have just been dying to come on here and allay our fears about ronaldo..

welcome back.

Unread 31-05-2008, 08:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
leg saf what brought you back??

you have just been dying to come on here and allay our fears about ronaldo..

welcome back.
It looks as if he's back to make a move on Anderson, you better watch him

Oh, who's that Bitch in your avatar?

She's hideous.

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Sloane

can one of you chief scouts link me up with a video of gomez please

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:47 PM
MUFC

Get Berbatov in, he will be absolutely brilliant for us. OK he doesn't have the work rate but with Tevez and Rooney around him he wouldn't need to.

His 1st touch is the best that I have seen in the Premier League. He would be immense for us. Dare I say it, but he has a touch of Eric about him (Not saying he will be as good as Eric was for us.)

If we signed Berbatov and Richards this summer I would be very happy.

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

I'd be happy if all we did was not sign Richards

Unread 31-05-2008, 10:54 PM
MUFC

He would be my choice for a right back/defender, over the likes of Alves, Rafinha etc.

You also have to consider the stupid 6 + 5 rule FIFA are trying to push.
Closed Thread