United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Tumescent Throb

You can blame Ronaldo and his people for courting publicity, angling for a rise or even keeping his options open.

Or you can blame Real Madrid for tapping him up in every way they can.

But why are the Daily Express running this story? This bloke (his godfather) said such and such to who exactly, and how do they know it's true what he is saying? Surely if nothing else an article like this should be clearly stated as gossip. Even the BBC manage that when they are winding up their United audience ffs.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:07 AM
thatsfuctit

I don't get this "he should go, Real don't come calling everyday" shit alleged to come from Ronnies Mum / Grandad / Scolari, yes they £#%&!ing do, we had it year in year out with RVN, we are getting it day in day out with Ronnie, so if he blows them out this season and fancies another year or two with Manchester they aren't going to want him in a year or twos time.

%@#$&!s - total %@#$&!s , they know he is

A> Brilliant
B> Will shift them thousands of shirts etc

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:12 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
you are legendary saf, and i claim my prize
..beat me to it!

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Thiago

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
deciphering what goes on in the press is reading between the lines.

my interpretation of events is that Ronaldo is £#%&!ing delighted with the season he's had, is very happy here, plays the best football in the world with a team which is YOUNG and thrilling. He's seen that he can accomplish anything here and being the ambitious player he is he won't just look at a title or two and thats it, new challenge please.

he'll be looking at ryan giggs and bobby charlton, cantona and ole etc. he doesnt want to just play then leave, he wants to become part of this clubs history because its one of the few big big clubs now which has a genuinely rich list of legends.

in spain players are meat, trading cards, assets, swapped and used and all sorts and more often than not never endear themselves to fans or clubs.

look at how ronaldinho left barca, how etoo will leave, no one gives a £#%&! about henry. before that rivaldo, figo and so on and so on. he can stay and try to become a legend or he can go and join the circus act.

he knows this. he will stay here for football and sentimental reasons and will leave when he feels he can do no more and wants a new challenge and wants to play in the sun - think cantona and beckham. they reached their peak, things broke down and they went to play in spain/usa/beach football etc. Ronaldo's into his family and this is a family club.

what happened was his agent got onto him after he got carried away after the final and probably told him to cool his horses and throw some spin in as they try to negotiate a new contract - probably for the benefit of both sides to be fair, anti madrid clauses etc. I also think the two week thing announced later will be a real doorslam in madrid's face if its a new contract, purposely building it up and slamming the door while the world is watching - thats what it will take considering he said "I am staying" about 15 times on live tv in the space of an hour.

if it was anything other than contract negotiations ronaldo wouldnt need to wait on anything, he could just confirm he is leaving as most players do when the season is over. hleb, flamini, ronaldinho etc. they can just say I am fed up or looking to see what opportunies there are elsewhere etc.

and on madrid's part, its a concerted media campaign to try to tempt and unsettle the player. this shows they've been unable to reach him privately and that he needs coaxing and that no battle has been won. why else would they be flooding the press with all this crap? to convince United to let the poor boy go? hah.

Its daily, its a managed and organised stream of pre-arranged stories designed to tempt ronaldo and keep madrid fans amused. thats the only plausible motive.
Brilliant post.

And he has spoken about his desire to become a legend at United again

Cristiano Ronaldo wants to become a United legend

Cristiano Ronaldo has given Manchester United fans and Sir Alex Ferguson a massive boost by admitting he wants to become an Old Trafford legend.

Since clinching a Premier League and Champions League Double this month the 23-year-old winger has plunged his future into uncertainty by appearing to indulge the advances of Real Madrid.

The overtures this week grew in such intensity United bosses took the unprecedented step of threatening to report the Spanish giants to world governing body FIFA.

Mirror Sport revealed this week that Sir Alex is set to fly to the Portugal training camp ahead of Euro 2008 for talks with the player.
Advertisement
Click Here for more Information

But, speaking to Maxim magazine ahead of the tournament, Ronaldo revealed he wants to be revered by United fans like George Best and David Beckham.

He said: "Beckham is one of the club's greatest-ever players and it was a huge honour to be handed the (number seven) shirt. I just hope to carry on doing it justice for the manager and the fans. To be talked about like Becks and George Best would be amazing. But then why not if I carry on what I am doing?"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20589909/

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:25 AM
waynes ear's

my estate agent mate was showing Robinho round wilmslow yesterday too

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Mr_Ed

I am just in ostrich mode and stick my head in the sand. Until I see him juggling a ball in a Real Strip he's a United player... simple as that.

Now if he does sign for them I'll be a bit gutted but Manchester United were a great club before he signed and will be a great club long after he has gone.

We have 'lost' loads of great players over the years and at this moment in time are champions of europe.

If he wants to go then let him... Ronaldinho is a case in point in what happens to a player when his head isn't right.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:30 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Manchester United were a great club before he signed and will be a great club long after he has gone
nft

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:33 AM
armchair

A club like Madrid only come around twenty or thirty times a year

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I am just in ostrich mode and stick my head in the sand. Until I see him juggling a ball in a Real Strip he's a United player... simple as that.

Now if he does sign for them I'll be a bit gutted but Manchester United were a great club before he signed and will be a great club long after he has gone.

We have 'lost' loads of great players over the years and at this moment in time are champions of europe.

If he wants to go then let him... Ronaldinho is a case in point in what happens to a player when his head isn't right.
Backbeat

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:38 AM
koppas

IF he goes, I personally won't hold it against him. He has won the lot with the club and if he feels he needs a new challenge and wants to leave, let him go. It isn't like he is a lifelong United fan is he? Turn it around for a moment, if you played for Real Madrid and won the lot and United came in for you (your club) would you turn them down? Not £#%&!ing likely.

I pray that he stays with us but if he goes, I'll give him a pat on the back and say thanks for the memories.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Brilliant post.

And he has spoken about his desire to become a legend at United again

Cristiano Ronaldo wants to become a United legend

Cristiano Ronaldo has given Manchester United fans and Sir Alex Ferguson a massive boost by admitting he wants to become an Old Trafford legend.

Since clinching a Premier League and Champions League Double this month the 23-year-old winger has plunged his future into uncertainty by appearing to indulge the advances of Real Madrid.

The overtures this week grew in such intensity United bosses took the unprecedented step of threatening to report the Spanish giants to world governing body FIFA.

Mirror Sport revealed this week that Sir Alex is set to fly to the Portugal training camp ahead of Euro 2008 for talks with the player.
Advertisement
Click Here for more Information

But, speaking to Maxim magazine ahead of the tournament, Ronaldo revealed he wants to be revered by United fans like George Best and David Beckham.

He said: "Beckham is one of the club's greatest-ever players and it was a huge honour to be handed the (number seven) shirt. I just hope to carry on doing it justice for the manager and the fans. To be talked about like Becks and George Best would be amazing. But then why not if I carry on what I am doing?"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20589909/
Yay, you're back

Seriously though, there's more to the club than him. The way this is all turning out I wouldn't be too pissed if he left, he'd just leave a sour taste like so many others.

If it was 100m, I'd take it.

PS - I hope Portugal go out in the first round.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
IF he goes, I personally won't hold it against him. He has won the lot with the club and if he feels he needs a new challenge and wants to leave, let him go. It isn't like he is a lifelong United fan is he? Turn it around for a moment, if you played for Real Madrid and won the lot and United came in for you (your club) would you turn them down? Not £#%&!ing likely.

I pray that he stays with us but if he goes, I'll give him a pat on the back and say thanks for the memories.
I won't. I'll send a steaming hot turd to his Mothers house.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Good point actually... look at Hargo. Once we were in for him he always wanted to come.

Unread 31-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Tumescent Throb

Hargreaves would've signed for any of the top teams in the Premier League.

Unread 31-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

digressing slightly, is this allowed?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/7428382.stm

Unread 31-05-2008, 12:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
PS - I hope Portugal go out in the first round.
Agreed.
Once Ronaldo's away from the media glare of the Euro's we might be able to get to the bottom of all this.(+ I don't buy into this 'Portugal' crap that seems so rife amongst United fans. I'd rather Holland won it for Edwin to be honest)

The fact we won the Double is allowing my rage/doom levels to remain pretty tranquil to be honest...but it's starting to £#%&! me off the way Scolari, Ronaldo's 'familly'/Agent etc.. are talking about Madrid as if it's a 'Step Up'

Unread 31-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Agreed.
Once Ronaldo's away from the media glare of the Euro's we might be able to get to the bottom of all this.(+ I don't buy into this 'Portugal' crap that seems so rife amongst United fans. I'd rather Holland won it for Edwin to be honest)

The fact we won the Double is allowing my rage/doom levels to remain pretty tranquil to be honest...but it's starting to £#%&! me off the way Scolari, Ronaldo's 'familly'/Agent etc.. are talking about Madrid as if it's a 'Step Up'
Just to put a different slant on all this, let's not forget that the Premier League is part of the English association, and it will not be represented at the European Cup of Nations. To compete at the highest international level maybe it is in fact the case that Ronaldo could learn much from the different rythyms of La Liga?

Basically, there's no need to be offended by the suggestion that a new football experience would be good for Ronaldo. That said, he'd be a @#%&! to bottle out of trying to defend the European Cup and win 3-in-a-row - with back-to-back doubles thrown into the mix for good measure. He'd also being missing out on the type of opportunity to make his mark in football that doesn't come around that often.

Unread 31-05-2008, 12:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Just to put a different slant on all this, let's not forget that the Premier League is part of the English association, and it will not be represented at the European Cup of Nations. To compete at the highest international level maybe it is in fact the case that Ronaldo could learn much from the different rythyms of La Liga?

Basically, there's no need to be offended by the suggestion that a new football experience would be good for Ronaldo. That said, he'd be a @#%&! to bottle out of trying to defend the European Cup and win 3-in-a-row - with back-to-back doubles thrown into the mix for good measure. He'd also being missing out on the type of opportunity to make his mark in football that doesn't come around that often.
If it was the REal Madrid side of 7-8 years ago I would understand.
Playing with the likes of Zidane & Ronaldo (Brazilian one) would be incredible..

..but, (& I'm not just being bitchy!) Real Madrid are a very ordinary squad right now.
I don't particuarly rate any of them, part from the 'old timers' like Raul, Casillas & Ruud. (yes, I know Casillas is only 12 or something like that, but he's been around forever)

I'd be really dissapointed with Ronaldo if he left this summer.
He's got everything at United.
A great manager, lots of players his own age who he obviously gets on well with (Anderson, Nani, Wayne, Tevez etc..)
We play beautiful football, we're League CHampions...& Champions of Europe.

..but, If he wants to go. £#%&! him off & get as much as possible.
We'll get somebody in who wants to pull the shirt on.

Unread 31-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

it was the rythym of La Liga I was getting at, rather than the lure of any particular team.

the rhythym of their football may be more transferable onto the international scene. maybe Ronaldo is at a slight disadvantage when with Portugal because he plays mostly to hectic English rhythym? Just a thought.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Good to have Legendary SAF back
Closed Thread