United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Grimson

Angry Another shite Ronaldo story

His godfather gobbing off.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ll-go-to-Real-

CRISTIANO RONALDO has already made his mind up to quit Manchester United and join Real Madrid – and will announce his decision after Euro 2008.

The news came yesterday from Ronaldo’s godfather Fernao Sousa and will devastate United.

They believed they had seen off Spanish champions Real, who appeared to back off this week when president Ramon Calderon declared that they did not want to fall out with United after Sir Alex Ferguson hit out at their pursuit of the player.

Sousa, one of the people closest to Ronaldo, alongside his mother Maria Dolores, blew the situation wide open again.

Sousa said: “I believe Cristiano has taken a decision that he is going to Real Madrid, but he is not going to reveal it until after the European Championship. Cristiano knows that Madrid are a club to which you can never say no. History shows that you can lose the opportunity – and for that reason he is not going to say no to them.
ì
I believe Cristiano has taken a decision that he is going to Real Madrid
î

Ronaldo’s godfather Fernao Sousa

“There are very few people who can say they have the capacity to make their lifelong dreams reality, but Cristiano is in this group of chosen people.”

Real, who had publicly admitted their interest in Footballer of the Year Ronaldo, 23, months ago, are willing to pay a world-record £100million.

Ronaldo has persistently said that he would like to play in Spain, and Ferguson is planning to fly to Euro 2008 in a bid to persuade him to stay.

But he may be too late. Reports in Spain last night suggested that Ronaldo might even ask for a move, which would then force a reluctant United to sell.

Sousa said: “Cristiano has always told me that his objectives in England were to win the Premier League and the Champions League.

“Now that he has done that, he has nothing left to prove. He knows he needs a new challenge.

“He feels his experience in Manchester has made him stronger. But above all, he knows that a train like Real does not come along every day and he would be stupid to miss it.

“Cristiano is in his moment now and is going to take advantage of that but will not take the decision on his own.

“His family are very important to him and we are all advising him he must go to Madrid. It is his place. His mother believes both he and she would be happier living there, not Manchester. I believe we will see him in a white shirt soon.”

Ronaldo’s failure to publicly commit himself to United has caused great concern at Old Trafford, the player frequently issuing conflicting statements about his plans.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Camel

they'll be quoting his hairdresser and dentist next.

he's going nowhere

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
they'll be quoting his hairdresser and dentist next.

he's going nowhere
his binman said he had a real madrid pasty wrapper in his wheelie bin last week.motwyw.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Nero

It's so obvious he's off. You're all in £#%&!ing denial.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
I'm not. I'm in full doomlord mode.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I'm not. I'm in full doomlord mode.
Who'd have thought winning the £#%&!ing European Cup could make you lose your best £#%&!ing player to a club who haven't £#%&!ing looked like winning one for 6 years?

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Thiago

Some info from somebody closer to the Iberian press on his Godfather, this was all in Marca yesterday btw

Quote:
First of all, the article said he encouraged Ronaldo to move to Man Utd when actually Ronnie said he was always against it.

He came out in January 07 and said Ronaldo would leave in the Summer. Three months later Ronnie signed a new contract.

He also was responsible for Ronaldo's mum posing with the photoshoped picture of Ron in the RM Kit.

He is a huge RM fan and loathes Man Utd.

He said I THINK, not I KNOW. Remember that.
Quote:
Why is it so obvious? It's just Madrid's period of Ronaldo obsession, they'll go back to Kaka later and when Arsenal win nothing again they'll be back on Cesc's case.

It's just speculation and wishful thinking from the least reputable newspaper in Europe mate, don't worry about it.

But the harassing of his family members really is going quite low, I think he'll have to come out with something more definitive than "i'm happy at United and I want to stay". Because obviously that isn't enough to put off this mob.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:23 AM
miss white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
His godfather gobbing off.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ll-go-to-Real-

CRISTIANO RONALDO has already made his mind up to quit Manchester United and join Real Madrid – and will announce his decision after Euro 2008.

The news came yesterday from Ronaldo’s godfather Fernao Sousa and will devastate United.

They believed they had seen off Spanish champions Real, who appeared to back off this week when president Ramon Calderon declared that they did not want to fall out with United after Sir Alex Ferguson hit out at their pursuit of the player.

Sousa, one of the people closest to Ronaldo, alongside his mother Maria Dolores, blew the situation wide open again.

Sousa said: “I believe Cristiano has taken a decision that he is going to Real Madrid, but he is not going to reveal it until after the European Championship. Cristiano knows that Madrid are a club to which you can never say no. History shows that you can lose the opportunity – and for that reason he is not going to say no to them.
ì
I believe Cristiano has taken a decision that he is going to Real Madrid
î

Ronaldo’s godfather Fernao Sousa

“There are very few people who can say they have the capacity to make their lifelong dreams reality, but Cristiano is in this group of chosen people.”

Real, who had publicly admitted their interest in Footballer of the Year Ronaldo, 23, months ago, are willing to pay a world-record £100million.

Ronaldo has persistently said that he would like to play in Spain, and Ferguson is planning to fly to Euro 2008 in a bid to persuade him to stay.

But he may be too late. Reports in Spain last night suggested that Ronaldo might even ask for a move, which would then force a reluctant United to sell.

Sousa said: “Cristiano has always told me that his objectives in England were to win the Premier League and the Champions League.

“Now that he has done that, he has nothing left to prove. He knows he needs a new challenge.

“He feels his experience in Manchester has made him stronger. But above all, he knows that a train like Real does not come along every day and he would be stupid to miss it.

“Cristiano is in his moment now and is going to take advantage of that but will not take the decision on his own.

“His family are very important to him and we are all advising him he must go to Madrid. It is his place. His mother believes both he and she would be happier living there, not Manchester. I believe we will see him in a white shirt soon.”

Ronaldo’s failure to publicly commit himself to United has caused great concern at Old Trafford, the player frequently issuing conflicting statements about his plans.
i'm sick to £#%&! of it all. It's like beckham all over again. Wait for the 'pushy' girlfreind to get blamed when he does finally £#%&! off

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Thiago

Quote:
Who'd have thought winning the £#%&!ing European Cup could make you lose your best £#%&!ing player to a club who haven't £#%&!ing looked like winning one for 6 years?
This has nothing to do with winning the European Cup, there was a similar storm before he signed his last contract. Didn't take it seriously then and i'm certainly not taking it seriously now we're in an even stronger position as a club and Ronaldo has some compatriots with the club he can talk to easier than the Rooney's and Rio's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss white
i'm sick to £#%&! of it all. It's like beckham all over again. Wait for the 'pushy' girlfreind to get blamed when he does finally £#%&! off
His girlfriend doesn't want him to join Madrid.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Harfynn Teuport

Real "are willing to pay a world-record £100million"

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:27 AM
marlo stansfield

if real did put £100m on the table, do you think united shoudl take it?

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:28 AM
miss white

[quote=Thiago;968281]This has nothing to do with winning the European Cup, there was a similar storm before he signed his last contract. Didn't take it seriously then and i'm certainly not taking it seriously now we're in an even stronger position as a club and Ronaldo has some compatriots with the club he can talk to easier than the Rooney's and Rio's.

His girlfriend doesn't want him to join Madrid.[/QUOTE]

Who knows - but that's the way it will be angled at. Sick of the press merry go round with this guy. his PR people are behind it all - without a shadow of a doubt

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
Yes and buy Kaka, Benzema, De Rossi, etc etc

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
I wouldn't, the most effective player on and off the field. Ronaldo will be the most marketable footballer of this generation, £100m is not more than what we'd lose in terms of trophy chances and shirt sales.

Who do you buy for £100m? I'd much rather keep the player.

As I said though, now his family have been dragged into this again he'll have to take a minute out from his Euro 2008 preparation and just categorically deny there is any chance of him leaving this summer, saying that he wants to stay obviously hasn't cut it and even categorically denying probably won't stop the rumours. Him burning a Real Madrid shirt on TV is the only thing that would stun Marca and AS into submission.

Seriously though, this is getting annoying. Bring on the Euros so Marca can concentrate on slating the perennial chokers Spain.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
I wouldn't, the most effective player on and off the field. Ronaldo will be the most marketable footballer of this generation, £100m is not more than what we'd lose in terms of trophy chances and shirt sales.

As I said though, now his family have been dragged into this again he'll have to take a minute out from his Euro 2008 preparation and just categorically deny there is any chance of him leaving this summer, saying that he wants to stay obviously hasn't cut it and even categorically denying probably won't stop the rumours. Him burning a Real Madrid shirt on TV is the only thing that would stun Marca and AS into submission.

Seriously though, this is getting annoying. Bring on the Euros so Marca can concentrate on slating the perennial chokers Spain.
how much did we sell beckham for and they made 3 times the money they bought him for on merchandise alone.100mill to us but they will make much much more.but hes not going anyway so its all good.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Camel

Thumbs up

Quote:

excellent post

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:42 AM
History

Right, they only print this shit so they sell papers but who the £#%&! wants to read this day after day??? It got boring after one article for me.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Nero

Quote:

What you're saying makes total sense, but I've had this nagging doubt since the end of the Wigan game that he wasn't going to be around much longer. But £#%&! it, see what the next two weeks brings. I'm firmly in the doom camp.

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:44 AM
ScarFace

I' slightly drunk so all it is is the same every tourn summer.

He wont go this or next, im sure we'l sell right after the world cup.

Your mums a slag

Unread 31-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Right, they only print this shit so they sell papers but who the £#%&! wants to read this day after day??? It got boring after one article for me.
oh, the irony.
Closed Thread