Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Carlton Cole?
think he's had him joining United.

Unread 29-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Did he have inside info on it due to him being one of his bredrins?

Unread 29-05-2008, 02:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yeah, interesting considering he's a white kid from the home counties.

Unread 29-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
How do you know?

Unread 29-05-2008, 02:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
How do you know?
Because I remember him from Red Ish, when he was a white kid from the home counties.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Because I remember him from Red Ish, when he was a white kid from the home counties.
in fairness, he is pretty fly for a white guy.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Yes, like Jim Davidson's Chalky White character, absolutely hilarious.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
i'll have to take your word for it, i'm too young to remember that.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Oh it was a brilliant bit of satire, not a sad pathetic stereotype which was about as funny as cancer.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
evra is better defensively

rarely comes out of a 50/50 second best and doesn't resort to cheating, doesn't give away as many stupid fouls in dangerous areas or get the ref offside with snidey back chatting and attitude

am i imagining it or did ronnie make mince meat out of cole in the cup final travesty?

cole is indeed an excellent player without a shadow of a doubt but on the past 2 years form mad paddy is better in both halves of the pitch
tbf that was mostly Lauren

however, the myth about Cole having Ronaldo in his pocket was started by ingurland pundits (BBC) after Cole tackled him once I seem to recall

it is a very good contest between the two of them whenever they are head to head and Ronaldo has to be at his best to get the better of him.

this is of course mostly down to the fact that

1/ Cole usually has a partner to back him up and only has to show Ronaldo the other way

2/ Cole is more than happy to pull, push, block or kick Ronaldo and rarely gets any hassle off the officials for it

3/ Ronaldo uses the attention to make space for team-mates because that's what good football teams are all about

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Ed Sullivan

Yep but you forgot the vital part of that game and that was that Cole made a pocket gesture at the camera which also proves he outdone Ronnie. Oh and also proves what a complete weapon he is.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:29 PM
keano's love

marlo supporting ashley cole or any other cockney @#%&!? nothing new there.

I bet marlo had a right £#%&! when cole was doing his thrusts in extra time!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was his favorite moment in the match actually!

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:46 PM
dunk

Cole is a damn fine left back, 2 years ago he was easily the best around, defensively and going forward.

Now, I'm not sure, his attacking play is almost none existant since he went to Chelsea, I honestly can't remember him ever putting a decent cross in for club or country. He can do the interplay no problem, which suited Arsenal, but has no place at Chelsea or with England. His defensive successes against top wingers, in recent years, have revolved around him getting away with nasty challenges and being backed up by Makelele or Essien.

To me he looks like he was lost a fair bit of weight and he is considerably lighter in terms of strength as a result. I don't think he is a patch on Paddy, simply because he doesn't have the drive that Paddy brings.

I like Bridge as an attacking force, whips a belting cross over and really drives forward, he's not a patch on Cole defensively, that's not to say he wuoldn't be if he played reqularly.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
To me he looks like he was lost a fair bit of weight and he is considerably lighter in terms of strength as a result.
Absolutely. He was never a big man, but I noticed in their semis with Liverpool
he looked much skinnier. I heard that Ten Cate had them doing much more fitness work and running when he came in, so it may be as a result of that.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Absolutely. He was never a big man, but I noticed in their semis with Liverpool
he looked much skinnier. I heard that Ten Cate had them doing much more fitness work and running when he came in, so it may be as a result of that.
He doesn't look as quick as he once was, or as powerful with his running, that's what I meant by lack of drive.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:57 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Quote:
Someone start a thread criticising Titus Bramble, and see if Marlo sticks up for him.
Quote:
Doesn't play for a London club, no interest for him.
Quote:
Carlton Cole?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How do you know?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh it was a brilliant bit of satire, not a sad pathetic stereotype which was about as funny as cancer.
abvism is a disease.
debating my skin colour. i know im black and its no big deal.
i could take a pic of my hand now and some wouldnt believe it. especially the argumentative dog lover aptly named turner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Yep but you forgot the vital part of that game and that was that Cole made a pocket gesture at the camera which also proves he outdone Ronnie. Oh and also proves what a complete weapon he is.
he seems to do it though. ronaldo always has quiet games against him. even in the unbeaten game you could see ronaldo didnt want to take him on. id say ronaldo doeesly like coming against cole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Cole is a damn fine left back, 2 years ago he was easily the best around, defensively and going forward.

Now, I'm not sure, his attacking play is almost none existant since he went to Chelsea, I honestly can't remember him ever putting a decent cross in for club or country. He can do the interplay no problem, which suited Arsenal, but has no place at Chelsea or with England. His defensive successes against top wingers, in recent years, have revolved around him getting away with nasty challenges and being backed up by Makelele or Essien.

To me he looks like he was lost a fair bit of weight and he is considerably lighter in terms of strength as a result. I don't think he is a patch on Paddy, simply because he doesn't have the drive that Paddy brings.

I like Bridge as an attacking force, whips a belting cross over and really drives forward, he's not a patch on Cole defensively, that's not to say he wuoldn't be if he played reqularly.
a good opinion on a good player.

cheers mate.

Unread 29-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He has gone backwards since joining Chelsea imo.

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Yep but you forgot the vital part of that game and that was that Cole made a pocket gesture at the camera which also proves he outdone Ronnie. .

That was just his phone vibrating in his boxers.

Unread 29-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

why am i an ABV for not being old enough to remember a jim davidson sketch?

Unread 29-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
debating my skin colour. i know im mack and its no big deal.

Unread 29-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

he seems to do it though. ronaldo always has quiet games against him. even in the unbeaten game you could see ronaldo didnt want to take him on. id say ronaldo doeesly like coming against cole.
He has turned it on against Ronnie I agree, but then Ronnie has been quiet in alot of big games, I think people made a big thing about the way Cole played against him that game. Ronaldo was off as much as Cole was on.

As you've said though, class player who seems to have gone down hill. Funnily enough people mention his defensive awareness over his Evras attacking, but when Cole was at Arsenal - his forward runs were brilliant.

Still reckon he's a @#%&! though. A @#%&! with #@&%! up a fit @#%&!.
Closed Thread