United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
read that, but can you imagine Keane put up with Ambromovich's interfering, and signing of players?
Keane will jusmp at the £5M a year salary. Let's not kid ourselves, Keane stayed silent when Glazer came and was quite happy to take his cash. He isn't some super moral person you know. I'm still waiting for him to donate his testimonial cash to charity like people said he would.

Unread 27-05-2008, 10:58 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Keane will jusmp at the £5M a year salary. Let's not kid ourselves, Keane stayed silent when Glazer came and was quite happy to take his cash. He isn't some super moral person you know. I'm still waiting for him to donate his testimonial cash to charity like people said he would.
I didn't think he was Mother Theresa - but I just can't see it happening.

He'd end up going for the dimwitted looking one and getting thrown down a salt mine by his ex KGB hench man, having been smuggled out of the country in Ambrovichs Bond Villan style yacht , or something.

Unread 27-05-2008, 11:45 PM
M-13

With Joy.

Don't think he's right for United.

Unread 27-05-2008, 11:53 PM
denis lawless

loved him in a United shirt...

dont really like him all that much these days tbh

he wont get the chelsea job....he wont get the United one either

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Why Don?

Is there a reason he's a Chelsea fan other than that they were his last club. It seems strange.

Perhaps it's a silent protest against Ferguson for something that happened towards the end of his playing career?

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Hughes has said more often that once that his heart is with Chelsea more than anyone else.

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:13 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Angry

Why the £#%&! would we care? He manages one team that think they have a rivalry with United and if he went to another team that think they have a rivalry with United what would the difference be? He have 3 hated teams

City
Liverpool
Leeds

Provided he stays away from those 3 let him do as he will and good luck to him, Chelsea have had the blood money for a couple of seasons and suddenly everyone talks about them like they're Liverpool FFS

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Whalefish

Re Hughes.

Don't really care. As a player he was a firm favourite, as a man I don't have much time for him.

I can't say his style of play, or manner at Blackburn, has won me over.

In short I think he's a #@&%!.

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Re Hughes.

Don't really care. As a player he was a firm favourite, as a man I don't have much time for him.

I'd agree with that, and be delighted if he took the Chelsea job, as it means he definitely won't turn up at United in any capacity and also that Chelsea will struggle.

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Re Hughes.

He played really good football with Wales and over time with Blackburn has improved their play. They do now play with wingers, they might put their foot in a bit but no more than the '94 team he was part of. Dunno much about him as "a man" but he seems a decent enough fella. He almost certainly doesn't have time or resources to put together a CV that'll put him in line for United's job and I think there's no chance Chelsea'll go for him but I think he'sa quality pragmatic manager.

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Spiffy

My brother used to work at Ian Skelly's VW dealer in Mcr. Some bird came in selling a Ford Galaxy and she wanted a price against a Passat. My brother started asking what she wanted the car for etc and it turned out she didn't have a big family or anything so he asked why the people carrier? "It's a club car that they let my husband keep" it was Hughesy's wife. My brother being a blue thought he'd stir up some trouble, Hughes has just left us for Chelsea and he asked why he didn't sign for City "He would have done but Martin Edwards wouldn't allow it". Imagine if he'd gone to City.

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He's a Welsh Wheezer, get rid.

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He's a Welsh Wheezer, get rid.
We did. For the record, I consider the lies about extending his contract and even getting to pretend to sign it on the pitch at OT disgraceful. I'm not sure who decided on that but my money's on Edwards.

Unread 28-05-2008, 09:56 AM
believe

Default like this

Unread 28-05-2008, 10:03 AM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Why the £#%&! would we care? He manages one team that think they have a rivalry with United and if he went to another team that think they have a rivalry with United what would the difference be? He have 3 hated teams

City
Liverpool
Leeds

Provided he stays away from those 3 let him do as he will and good luck to him, Chelsea have had the blood money for a couple of seasons and suddenly everyone talks about them like they're Liverpool FFS

I'd agree completely.
Liverpool are the biggest no,no though.

Although we hate Leeds & City with a passion, we have shared many players with both of those clubs. That's why I turned against Paul Ince so much

Unread 28-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Would be a decent progression for him, a chance to see what he could do with some financial backing, he may then get a chance at OT but right now, as an unproven force he has no chance and managing wales and blackburn to nowhere in particular doesnt give him the best resume to date.

Could never hate him unless he came out with something out a character. Last of a dying breed Hughesy, i feel very lucky to have seen him playing season after season in the flesh, i've never seen someone take so many kicks without retaliating, if rooney took half the amount of phsical abuse hughesy did he'd be getting red cards every second game.

Pure class is hughes.

Unread 28-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Tiberian

As a Utd fan I would be quite pleased. He has no experience of managing a team like Chelsea with the multitude of egos and the pressure that goes with it. Of course his playing career demands respect, but it could take him a while to adjust and Chelsea would be less of a threat during that time.

Unread 28-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yeah i got the match taped on ITV was very disappointed at Hughes re United all the way through really and noticed his reaction at the end

in fact he was so not pro United I didn't know who it was at first
I was gutted at his reaction & the %@#$&!s he was spouting. I'm not the type to subscribe to the whole charisma thing in your manager so long as he knows what he's doing but Sparky seemed like a right slapped arse during that whole evening.

My boyhood idol as well

Unread 28-05-2008, 02:32 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver

City
Liverpool
Leeds

A bit of sense at last, sparkys will always be a utd legend whether he takes the chelsea job or not, and really i think there are some utd fans who would turn against even paddy C if he voiced even the mildest criticism of utd.

Unread 28-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
A bit of sense at last, sparkys will always be a utd legend whether he takes the chelsea job or not, and really i think there are some utd fans who would turn against even paddy C if he voiced even the mildest criticism of utd.
That's not the point. It was his obvious disappointment last week that got me. He's said more than once that he grew up a Chelsea fan and the fact that all those great years at United doesn't seem to have changed that at all is a bit disappointing.

Fantastic player and my biggest United hero as a kid but like Schmeichel he's never come across as loving United unlike a lot of other former players.
Closed Thread