United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Wasn't Stam £#%&!ed off because he admitted he was tapped up - and didn't PSV threaten to report United over their endless pursuit of Ruud ? Both pre and post injury. Argue over details but it's all in the same area.
Tapped up, as in asked if he would play for United if we tried to buy him, is a lot different to giving an interview on TV talking about the player, your plans for him and so on when the club that own have alrady told you to £#%&! off in
no uncertain terms. Same with Ruud. In both cases PSV knew they were going to sell and had admitted it.

United have said £#%&! all over the last 3 years Real have been trying this shit, 3 years in which they have tried the agent approach on countless occasions and have used the press as often a possible, all that has happened is Ronaldo signed a new deal. Now, they are upping the ante, and United have rightly responded.

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

it seems the Schuster bullshit and that's what it is, came from a fanzine interview (White Issue anyone) and it's completely without foundation

Fergie apparently insisting they report the @#%&!s to FIFA.....I so hope we get them next season

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:21 PM
JakeB

Oh just sell the silly bugger, let him £#%&! over himself in his new white jersey. Utterly bored of it now, turning into a beckham-like circus. Even if he doesnt go this summer, it will be same again next summer..then the same again. He's going to go at somepoint, so £#%&! it.

Edit: But we must make sure we squeeze every penny out of madrid possible.

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Oh just sell the silly bugger, let him £#%&! over himself in his new white jersey. Utterly bored of it now, turning into a beckham-like circus. Even if he doesnt go this summer, it will be same again next summer..then the same again. He's going to go at somepoint, so £#%&! it.
I agree with this.

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:25 PM
dunk

If they really were to offer Ramos, Robinho and Diarra plus £60m, we'd be stupid not to take it.

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:27 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If they really were to offer Ramos, Robinho and Diarra plus £60m, we'd be stupid not to take it.
Just ask them to swap Diarra for Casillas

Couldnt have imagined 2 years ago i'd say no to Diarra..I really wanted us to sign him and Carrick.

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:28 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
buy quaresma and benzema and thats a good deal.

ramos,diarra,robinho, benzema and quaresma...

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
buy quaresma and benzema and thats a good deal.

ramos,diarra,robinho, benzema and quaresma...
I'm not a fan of Quaresma tbh, I wanted us to buy him and Ronaldo when they were 16, but nowadays, he just doesn't impress me. He's very wasteful.

Plus, with Robinho, we wouldn't need him, we may as well get players we need, like Kaka

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:32 PM
JakeB

So, who's going to get to wear our precious number 7 shirt when ronaldo goes?

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
So, who's going to get to wear our precious number 7 shirt when ronaldo goes?

Messi

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:36 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Messi
Depresses me to say that I think theres significantly more chance of Ronaldo leaving than him coming here

Significantly is probably an understatement actually.

Unread 27-05-2008, 07:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Depresses me to say that I think theres significantly more chance of Ronaldo leaving than him coming here

Significantly is probably an understatement actually.
Ahh, £#%&! him, he's a midget anyway,

7 Benzema.
9 Robinho
14 Ramos
19 Kaka

In fact, %@#$&!s, if Real wat a United player, give them O'Shea...

7 Ronaldo
9 Benzema
14 Robinho
19 Ramos
22 Kaka

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:22 PM
rubbernecker

A populat fronted twin knighted attack utilizing the whole width of the pitch is the only way to deal with the fascist bastards

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
we are as bad as they are. Just hypocritical.
United made official bids for both Carrick and Hargreaves. What played out in the media was largely speculation surrounding negotiations.

United made an official bid for van Nistelrooy also.

You appear to be confusing standard practice amongst all clubs to test the water behind closed doors with concerted campaigns to court players from other teams publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Is this any different to when we leaked to the press every day that we wanted Stan Collymore or Dwight Yorke or even David Hirst? We were more than happy for players to know United were in for them and yet we just accept this. We've been doing this for years and the last example was Owen Hargreaves. I can't remember exactly how public we were about Rooney although I remember T Ho telling the world he'd signed when he hadn't.
Official bids made in at least two of those striker's cases, and a phone call unanswered by Clark in the case of the third. The move for Rooney obviously triggered by Newcastle.

Quote:
I'm not sure that this is the newspaper stuff that they're objecting to.

I think Schuster's TV interview is the thing, and it is almost certain that FIFA would throw the book at them if United reported them, simply because he is talking about Ronaldo as if he has already signed.

United have never done that, with any players. No matter what the underhand tactics are that we employ, you never hear Ferguson talking about his plans for a player and how he will react to playing for United. Especially not after we have been royally £#%&!ed off by the club we are trying to buy from.

And, before anyone sites the Hargreaves deal, that was different circumstances, the deal was in place, then Bayern pulled the plug, pissing off both United and Hargreaves himself, who reacted in the press leading to Ferguson continually being asked about him, directly.
That's how it is as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Wasn't Stam £#%&!ed off because he admitted he was tapped up - and didn't PSV threaten to report United over their endless pursuit of Ruud ? Both pre and post injury. Argue over details but it's all in the same area.
Stam's book was awful, but the truth is that it was only marginally worse than some of his football. RvN was sent by PSV for a medical at United long before their chairman's PR stunts began in the Eindhoven press. hth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
it seems the Schuster bullshit and that's what it is, came from a fanzine interview (White Issue anyone) and it's completely without foundation

Fergie apparently insisting they report the @#%&!s to FIFA.....I so hope we get them next season
White Issue

This wouldn't surprise me at all if true.

Why people get so excited by these press stories from Spain copied verbatim in the English media is beyond me.

Ronaldo has said on live terrestrial television in England that he is staying at United.
Closed Thread