United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:43 PM
dontdopeas84

Default Club Statement

Quote:
Manchester United has issued the following statement regarding Cristiano Ronaldo's future:

Manchester United has watched with growing irritation the comments attributed to Real Madrid over their alleged desire to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. The facts are:

The player is on a long-term contract and his registration is held by Manchester United
The player is not for sale

The Club will have no alternative but to report Real Madrid to the world governing body, FIFA, if it continues to behave in this totally unacceptable fashion. These public attempts to unsettle the player are completely against the regulations and the Club will not tolerate them any longer.

In addition, the Club is certain that they are a distraction for the Portuguese national squad as they prepare for the European Championships. No-one should be in any doubt that Manchester United will do everything in its power to keep its best players..
why not just report madrid ffs and get it over and done with

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:44 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdopeas84
why not just report madrid ffs and get it over and done with
should of just tagged them.

@#%&!S!

nft.

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:48 PM
wee man

we are as bad as they are. Just hypocritical.

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:50 PM
armchair

Report them to who?

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:51 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
should of just tagged them.

@#%&!S!

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Report them to who?
Ofcom. They were very tough on Ant and Dec.

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:53 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
we are as bad as they are. Just hypocritical.
Disagree Wee Man.

I know we've had a couple of transfer 'tug of wars' recently - Tevez & Hargreaves spring to mind.
But we don't play the media game in the same way that Madrid do...& Fergie certainly doesn't start talking about another teams player in the way Schuster is doing in the Press at the minute.

We're not 'whiter than white' when it comes to signing players, of course we're not....but nobody is as sneaky & corrupt as Real Madrid.
They really do take it to a new level.

I'd love to think Ronaldo will tell them to £#%&! off, but I can't see that happening.

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Real Madrid have been completely out of order with this.

Unread 27-05-2008, 05:57 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Disagree Wee Man.

I know we've had a couple of transfer 'tug of wars' recently - Tevez & Hargreaves spring to mind.
But we don't play the media game in the same way that Madrid do...& Fergie certainly doesn't start talking about another teams player in the way Schuster is doing in the Press at the minute.

We're not 'whiter than white' when it comes to signing players, of course we're not....but nobody is as sneaky & corrupt as Real Madrid.
They really do take it to a new level.

I'd love to think Ronaldo will tell them to £#%&! off, but I can't see that happening.
but once you're in the frame for doing it you can't go bonkers because some other club takes it a step further. Hargreaves is a good example - Ruud another. The papers were full of Carrick's signing for weeks/months and denials from Spurs. Saha the same - and that's just recently. I remember the same thing with Birtles ffs.

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:00 PM
dontdopeas84

Quote:
Report them to who?
FIFA

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Report them to who?
FIFA

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
Report them to who?
FIFA

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:07 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
but once you're in the frame for doing it you can't go bonkers because some other club takes it a step further. Hargreaves is a good example - Ruud another. The papers were full of Carrick's signing for weeks/months and denials from Spurs. Saha the same - and that's just recently. I remember the same thing with Birtles ffs.
the ronaldo situation is different from those, though. united have been very clear, there's been no transfer request, there are no negotiations going on. in all of the other situations the other club was ready to quote a price and at least discuss the possibility; here united have been very clear that they have no interest in anything real might say.

united should report them and insist on action, not £#%&! about with public statements (though fergie's franco comment was a cracker - shame he didn't add something about the dodgy land deal with madrid city authorities as well). it's an open and shut case ffs.

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:09 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdopeas84
FIFA
for what?

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
for what?
FIFA

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Blagger

Quote:
for what?
tapping up a player I suppose.

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Spiffy

Is this any different to when we leaked to the press every day that we wanted Stan Collymore or Dwight Yorke or even David Hirst? We were more than happy for players to know United were in for them and yet we just accept this. We've been doing this for years and the last example was Owen Hargreaves. I can't remember exactly how public we were about Rooney although I remember T Ho telling the world he'd signed when he hadn't.

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

let's hope we get the @#%&!s in next year's European Cup

and we should defo report them to FIFA

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:41 PM
dunk

I'm not sure that this is the newspaper stuff that they're objecting to.

I think Schuster's TV interview is the thing, and it is almost certain that FIFA would throw the book at them if United reported them, simply because he is talking about Ronaldo as if he has already signed.

United have never done that, with any players. No matter what the underhand tactics are that we employ, you never hear Ferguson talking about his plans for a player and how he will react to playing for United. Especially not after we have been royally £#%&!ed off by the club we are trying to buy from.

And, before anyone sites the Hargreaves deal, that was different circumstances, the deal was in place, then Bayern pulled the plug, pissing off both United and Hargreaves himself, who reacted in the press leading to Ferguson continually being asked about him, directly.

Unread 27-05-2008, 06:49 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not sure that this is the newspaper stuff that they're objecting to.

I think Schuster's TV interview is the thing, and it is almost certain that FIFA would throw the book at them if United reported them, simply because he is talking about Ronaldo as if he has already signed.

United have never done that, with any players. No matter what the underhand tactics are that we employ, you never hear Ferguson talking about his plans for a player and how he will react to playing for United. Especially not after we have been royally £#%&!ed off by the club we are trying to buy from.

And, before anyone sites the Hargreaves deal, that was different circumstances, the deal was in place, then Bayern pulled the plug, pissing off both United and Hargreaves himself, who reacted in the press leading to Ferguson continually being asked about him, directly.
Wasn't Stam £#%&!ed off because he admitted he was tapped up - and didn't PSV threaten to report United over their endless pursuit of Ruud ? Both pre and post injury. Argue over details but it's all in the same area.
Closed Thread